No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thing with San Antonio, is that they can pitch LA on taking over Duncans role, and seamlessly compete for championships for another 10 years. They'll pitch Pops system as obviously having figured it out. Its an easy sell and would be hard to turn down; being the next Tim Duncan.

Comment

• ].
      Last edited by Abbas; Wed Jul 1, 2015, 05:25 PM.
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Good for him!

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
          Lillard>Lowry
          Wes Batum LMA=LMA
          Lopez
          Blazers Bench>Raps Bench
          west >>> east
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Ok, this is what I have. Alridge has been confirmed to rule out the Lakers. He wants something more b-ball like and less external events/reasons

So scratch the Knicks off that list too

Today the mavs signed al farouq aminu to 4yr 30mil, lost tyson chandler to the suns, and monta ellis is still undecided
            Scratch off the mavs from that list too

Leaves us with the Spurs, Suns, Rockets, Raptors (as his best destinations from most to least convincing)

If he wants rings (see the b-ball quote above) and understands how the east is so watered down, we have a good chance of landing him
            Last edited by Reyaz123; Wed Jul 1, 2015, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
              It's also fantasy. Without a significant trade, Toronto does not have enough to sign both Carroll and Aldridge. The latter would command $20 million per year at least, whereas the Raptors have no more than $9-11 million now available, even after trading or disavowing the unfortunate Luke Ridnour.

I hope that guy is on a beach in South America far from any cell phones.

DanH, can you weigh in on the cap situation?
              There have been scenarios mentioned (s&t with 2Pat, Ross etc) which gives Portland something. Re the meetup, I cant see MU and co. wasting everyone's time if he did not have a plan to fund LMA's ticket alongwith his option 1 status on the team. btw, I had read where LMA had his house on the market (maybe now sold)...fwiw....and finds the area too "restrictive".

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
                It's also fantasy. Without a significant trade, Toronto does not have enough to sign both Carroll and Aldridge. The latter would command $20 million per year at least, whereas the Raptors have no more than $9-11 million now available, even after trading or disavowing the unfortunate Luke Ridnour.

I hope that guy is on a beach in South America far from any cell phones.

DanH, can you weigh in on the cap situation?
                I'm no DanH but I'll take a stab.

Committed salaries including Ridnour and DWright would be $60.6mm if Carroll's contract is flatlined the same way Lowry's was.

If the cap comes in at $69.0mm as has been rumoured, we'd have about $8.4mm in room. Which obviously isn't enough.

Since we haven't renounced LouWill, my guess is we're going to try and use him in a S&T package. You could package Lou at $10mm/yr, TRoss ($3.5), Ridnour ($2.75), and JJ ($2.5), and that would take you right to the max for Aldridge. Bench would be hosed but it's possible. Portland also has cap space so we wouldn't have to fully match salaries necessarily.

Lot of moving pieces and options.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post

Good for him!
                  Haha can we just give him to the Knicks for free?

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    I'm no DanH but I'll take a stab.

Committed salaries including Ridnour and DWright would be $60.6mm if Carroll's contract is flatlined the same way Lowry's was.

If the cap comes in at $69.0mm as has been rumoured, we'd have about $8.4mm in room. Which obviously isn't enough.

Since we haven't renounced LouWill, my guess is we're going to try and use him in a S&T package. You could package Lou at $10mm/yr, TRoss ($3.5), Ridnour ($2.75), and JJ ($2.5), and that would take you right to the max for Aldridge. Bench would be hosed but it's possible. Portland also has cap space so we wouldn't have to fully match salaries necessarily.

Lot of moving pieces and options.
                    That's a really ugly bench lol

Wright
                    Landry/Powell
                    Caboclo
                    Patterson/Hansbrough
                    Nogueira/Hayes/Stiemsma

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                      Haha can we just give him to the Knicks for free?
                      He's a free agent soooo, yeah.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Not related to the LMA convo going on but in all honesty I do not get the Bismack Biyombo hype. Has ZERO offence... (Hit one shot out of the paint all season) and he allows opponents to shoot 52+% in the paint. (I forgot the source for the stats) I honestly think there has to be better options, even at his price.

Comment

• I'm posting a lot, but this is great news!

Comment

• Reyaz123 wrote: View Post
                            Ok, this is what I have. Alridge has been confirmed to rule out the Lakers. He wants something more b-ball like and less external events/reasons

So scratch the Knicks off that list too

Today the mavs signed al farouq aminu to 4yr 30mil, lost tyson chandler to the suns, and monta ellis is still undecided
                            Scratch off the mavs from that list too

Leaves us with the Spurs, Suns, Rockets, Raptors (as his best destinations from most to least convincing)

If he wants rings (see the b-ball quote above) and understands how the east is so watered down, we have a good chance of landing him
                            Forgetting Houston.. and he liked what they had to offer apparently.

EDIT - NM - you mentioned the Rockets.. can't read today apparently.
                            Last edited by planetmars; Wed Jul 1, 2015, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Didn't get to update the post but here is another part that I posted in another thread:

I also forgot to add the Rockets as a possibility too. LMA knows his best fit and best chance to win a title is in Houston OR T.O

Lol Masai has proven from time to time again he has great convincing skills. I wouldn't be surprised also if Masai quietly signs millsap too, you never know what he is capable of

Comment

• Say LMA wants to sign here couldn't we just pay the Lux Tax for 1 season? And then when the cap explodes we go back under the cap so we don't get hit with the Repeater tax?
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X