2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley wrote: View Post
    this is just silly. you're saying using a pick is somehow a knock against demar.
    When defending my stance that demar cannot break down defenses.

He needs help, and that help comes at a cost.

Eg. Loery passes into amir, demar comes off a scree and up intobamir for the handoff, now demar is in the middle, ir near the middle with 2 defenders and amir standing there.

As opposed to. Amir setting back door screen for carroll whike demar breajs down his kan and get to the middle, causing amirs defender, carrols defender and demars defender alk caught up. Now there is a man wide open for a kick out and swing

Comment

• how would you guys feel about picking up Gigi Datome on the cheap?
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
        Personally, I always thought Stockton always using picks was just him admitting he sucked at breaking down defenses. /obvious sarcasm.
        That was pick and roll 2 man game, that is not breaking down the defense.

That is 2 hall of famers running their play to the utmost levels of efficiency.

Comparingvamir and demar to stockton and malone....wow

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          how would you guys feel about picking up Gigi Datome on the cheap?

Exactly what I was thinking. Lou is gone, we need a shooter. Gigi > Bellinelli....

Perfect addition to this team.

Comment

• there is an everything DeMar DeRozan thread please make use of it. It's the only one I don't read
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• This is an offseason thread, demar is gonna come up.
              Some get all huffy at a mere observation, and then try their damndest to make excuses.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                As long as the CAVS dont find a way to get Paul Pierce...I never want to see that man again
                Doesn't really matter. LeBron and 4 schoolgirls would beat the raptors.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                  This is an offseason thread, demar is gonna come up.
                  Some get all huffy at a mere observation, and then try their damndest to make excuses.
                  If everywhere you go stinks, take a shower

Comment

You're the one who tried to hijacked this thread.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

It takes at leadt one other guy, at leadt, the handoff play involves cuts from another player first, then the screen and handoff.

So even by you own admission which sells it short, he needs a pick. So needing a pick on its own shows how he cannot break the defense down. He needs help.

This team, without a back to tue basjet player. Needs a wing aside lowry who can take over a play, or go iso and get inside and stir shit up in the heart of tue defense and alliw for the ither four to find their spots. Get lowry, pp and dc on the three pt line anf have jv cutting to basket
                      So basically, what your saying, is this team needs more ISO, or a player that can go ISO on the perimeter more effectively than Demar? So Masai, please get us KD, LBJ, Westbrook or Harden please. This team does not need more ISO, it needs to start running plays again that involves more than a screen and drive or straight up one on one play. Oh, and by the way, all those guys I posted use screens alot too. Curry uses screens alot too. PnR is the way ball is being played these days man and one of the reasons the team melted down last season was because of ineffective use of basic PnR ball. There are only a handful of players in the league that can be effective in straight up ISO on the perimeter, it ain't the 80's anymore man. Even OKC, with two of the most unstoppable ISO players in the game, has had limited success playing this way as a strategy. We didn't fall apart because we didn't have an ISO player, we fell apart because we relied on it too much and were not effective in the PnR. At least offensively, defense was another story.

Comment

When defending my stance that demar cannot break down defenses.

He needs help, and that help comes at a cost.

Eg. Loery passes into amir, demar comes off a scree and up intobamir for the handoff, now demar is in the middle, ir near the middle with 2 defenders and amir standing there.

As opposed to. Amir setting back door screen for carroll whike demar breajs down his kan and get to the middle, causing amirs defender, carrols defender and demars defender alk caught up. Now there is a man wide open for a kick out and swing
                        doesn't matter. whatever he's doing to drive is working for the team based on those stats posted earlier
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

WTH are you talking about? Thead, nor anyone here denies Demar's flaws. But you are making things up and blaming Demar for the system. This is the internet, a resource of information. If you want to know why Demar comes off curls or uses hand offs it's because if he came from the baseline up to the ball his back would be to the basket. Same reason why Bobby night stopped using down screens.

The Raps used iso ball as much as anyone last season, so this idea that Demar is dependent on picks is ridiculous. In fact, if he used screens and picks more most of us would be happier with his play.

Demar is a mediocre man defender, shoots from the most inefficient parts of the court, and is a below average 3-point shooter. I like him as a player, but I'm not blind. If he's traded tomorrow for a more efficient player you wouldn't hear me complain, but the fantasy fiction you are trying to sell is irritating as hell.

Chris Paul on the importance of ball screens

Comment

• Go Go Go

Comment

• For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• apparantly its the summer of signing guys who are unwanted by their original teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X