No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's as much a rumour as any of the trades that get dreamed up on these forums.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• One player I would target who I think is realistic, affordable and fills a need - Jared Dudley. Solid defense against 3 positions (SG, SF, PF), good 3pt shooting, smart player, good locker room presence, and I feel that he's going to be underrated this offseason. Doubtless, I'd love a star SF, but otherwise I think Dudley would be a very nice fit and a significant upgrade.

Maybe if Vasquez could be moved or contract stretched out, or with some other moves, Masai could also make a competitive offer to Millsap. Millsap + Dudley would be my ideal offseason, not considering completely unrealistic options. If not Millsap, I like Taj Gibson trade ideas too, I'd gladly give up Ross, cap space and a pick.

Comment

• IwishIwasZachLowe wrote: View Post
        Masai is yet to prove he knows how to IMPROVE the Raps. He knew how to deal Gay and Bargnani and I give him credit for that. But what did he build:

Lou- traded Salmons for Lou, and with the addition of Lou we turned into a hero ball team.
        Drafted Bruno- Untapped BRazilian who is a massive unknown.
        Resigned Lowry- Time will tell if that was a good move.
        Signed James Johnson- A role player who is loved by Raptors fans for doing not much

ALL UNKNOWNS REALLY- There is no piece Masai brought in that you can say WOW What a GM. This offseason is for him. It's for him to prove to NBA fans he knows what he's doing. OK, it takes time to build a team, it;s not just about ONE free agent signing or ONE big trade. It takes time so I give Masai the benefit of the doubt.

But people have to realize that we are a mediocre team, and maybe Masai improves on that or maybe he doesn't. But, to label Masai a prophet or a genius before the job is done is ignorant. HE has a lot of work to do and some Raptors fans are too in love with the guys for no apparent reason. Let him do his job first, then we can praise him.
        I disagree re James Johnson. That was a great signing. If only DC would have given TR's minutes to JJ more often we might have been the third seed and made it to the second round. JJ can score and defend --a rare commodity.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
          One player I would target who I think is realistic, affordable and fills a need - Jared Dudley. Solid defense against 3 positions (SG, SF, PF), good 3pt shooting, smart player, good locker room presence, and I feel that he's going to be underrated this offseason. Doubtless, I'd love a star SF, but otherwise I think Dudley would be a very nice fit and a significant upgrade.

Maybe if Vasquez could be moved or contract stretched out, or with some other moves, Masai could also make a competitive offer to Millsap. Millsap + Dudley would be my ideal offseason, not considering completely unrealistic options. If not Millsap, I like Taj Gibson trade ideas too, I'd gladly give up Ross, cap space and a pick.
          Taj Gibson as our starting PF next year would be an upgrade. I love Amir but I think it's time to go in a different direction.

Comment

• Same website said the Raptors "will trade Lowry at the Deadline."

Comment

• These come up a lot.. best sources are Yahoo (Woj) and ESPN (Stein). If they say something Raptor related it's probably worth a discussion.

I like Faried, but I don't like him with JV. Faried would help with the rebounding issues we've had but the defensive system would have to be totally changed for it to work. Amir is a solid defender (even hobbled) and Faried is not. Faried is good offensively, but only around the rim. Last year proved that we need better defensive players not offensive players. Faried won't come cheaply either considering how well he played for USA last summer.

Would rather have Taj Gibson and he'd be a lot cheaper... but rebounding would still be an issue. If they can get Taj and a SF that can rebound that would be ideal.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                10/10 troll

And if you're being serious (and you can't be because you claimed Bargnani might be useful):

Bargnani played only 35 games in 2013-13 because of the elbow injury.
                FG% .399
                VORP of -0.6 (ranked 444 out of 469 players in the league)
                PER of 11.2 (a greatly improved rank of 301 out of 469)
                WinShare of 0.1 (rank of 386 our of 469)
                Owed over 23 million for the next 2 seasons.

And Masai got a fucking 1st round pick for this guy. (and Novak and two 2nd round picks - one of which was used with Novak to get rid of him later)

And I'll use the most recent trade as an example if you want to say his contract may had use in a trade. Ersan Ilyasova, a player owed $16M over 2 seasons and actually contributes positively to a team, was dumped for Caron Butler and Shawne Williams. Two worthless players. Now that's not proof what Barg's could have got, but saying MU should have hung on to him is just dumb.
                I think the Bargs deal was amazing too... but that Bucks/Pistons deal was pretty good.. Butler's contract is fully non-guaranteed next season as is Williams. So both guys can be waived. Essentially Milwaukee traded Ilyasova for cap space.. and can now acquire a top tier free agent while resigning Middleton to the max if they have to.

2016 pick could still suck if NY does well (and I suspect they'll be pretty good with a top 4 pick and lots of cap space).

Comment

• IF we played Faried, T Ross at the three would have to be much more effective at stretching the floor. That's a big gamble on a guy that we're not sure about.

Comment

• I don't think Faried would be back if he splits minutes with 2PPat at the 4.

I really don't see and issue with starting him. He is young. He is tied for 8th for offence rebounding at 260. Amir is below him at 14th with 226.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...farieke01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...johnsam01.html

Faried averages are better in per 36 . His rebounding is 11 vs Amir 9.1
                    Also better blocks steals and points. The guy is also young and healthy. He could turn into Draymond Green if he develops a jumpshot.

We dont need another year of this broken down Amir, although I love Amir.

Comment

• The last thing that we need is an undersized PF..

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                        The last thing that we need is an undersized PF..
                        ....with no jumper on top of it

Comment

• I don't like Faried ideas. He can't shoot, not good defensively. He's a transition player. Will the Raptors start to run a lot now? I don't think he fits with the current roster. He can post up some, but i don't think the Raptors will have spacing for him to post up with Valanciunas and DeMar starting. Solid rebounder, ok, but I would want much more out of the starting PF who will get paid over 12 mil a year on average.

I'd much much rather have Taj Gibson, short contract, veteran, one of the best defensive PFs in the league, a bit more range than Faried. To be clear, Taj is not someone I'd consider ideal because he's not a good shooter either, plus he's 30 years old. But I'd prefer him as a fit, and I'd prefer his contract too.

Comment

• I'd take Faried at the starting 4 any day over Amir. He's a great rebounder and has an unreal motor. Can block shots as well. Lots of things he brings to the table which we are sorely lacking.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                              http://www.latinpost.com/articles/59...n-ilyasova.htm

Looks like we may end up doing a 3 way trade with sac-town and denver.

I have started a trade thread about a while back. Who knows we may also beable tog et Gallinary or wilson chandler too.
                              Is Latin Post the new Grantland?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                                I don't think Faried would be back if he splits minutes with 2PPat at the 4.

I really don't see and issue with starting him. He is young. He is tied for 8th for offence rebounding at 260. Amir is below him at 14th with 226.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...farieke01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...johnsam01.html

Faried averages are better in per 36 . His rebounding is 11 vs Amir 9.1
                                Also better blocks steals and points. The guy is also young and healthy. He could turn into Draymond Green if he develops a jumpshot.

We dont need another year of this broken down Amir, although I love Amir.
                                Draymond is a great playmaker. Finding playmaking ( and shooting) bigs is what separates decent stretch 4's from ok to good. Green is a perfect stretch 4 because he has a decent handle, can shoot, and or make plays for other players. I see Faried more like a poor man's Deandre Jordan, but who cant block or defend as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X