2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    I'm predicting we land him. Nevermind the rest of you...I deserve it after 20 years of heartbreak, frustration and agony
    i predict your prediction works out the same way as your cavs prediction
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I agree with thead.

When Rudy Gay came to town, he drew so much attention away from Demar, allowing for him to light it up game after game to end that roller coaster of a ride that was the '12-'13 season. Demar actually appeared much more comfortable and was more efficient with his shooting when the pressure to score didn't rest sorely on his shoulders. As a second option, I think that Demar will excel. Especially when playing off of a big like LA who can flat out score from everywhere.

Rudy didn't shoot a terrific % with the Raptors, but ended up playing much better in Sacramento because he had DMC and Isaiah Thomas as scorers alongside him.

And this can be the case for Demar as well. I think that a pairing of Demar and Aldridge would be terrific (even if they both love the mid range game). The simple fact is that they can both score, and, with Lowry and JV also capable of scoring in double figures on a nightly basis, there is no reason to believe that these two players cannot co exist on the floor together.

Defensively, Aldridge is a solid defender, and Demar plays within the defensive system well, but neither are elite defenders in their own right. I guess this explains why Masai is showing interest in defensive players like Aminu and Biyambo
      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• DD hate is at an all time high. Do people not remember how efficient DD was playing next to Gay? Now imagine playing next to a legit superstar?
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          to the cap... this is a scenario where you pay the tax if you have to
          But not a scenario where that's an option. If you want to sign free agents, cap room is what you need.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            We'd have even less room as LMAs cap hold would be way higher than 20M.
            Thanks Dan, I'll get around to reading all the rules someday here...

So essentially if we pick up LA, MU would need to find a way to shed some contracts either before the deadline or at the draft if we intend to offer another max.

Comment

• I predict LMA is going to go to the Spurs. To me that's the best situation for him. He gets to play with one of the best coaches to ever coach this game, a hall of fame power forward, he would probably be the number one option there too and as ppl said there are no taxes there. Even still I think they would be able to convince him to take a pay cut to come there. Also they're winners. The Spurs will figure something out trust me. Also he wouldn't have to play centre. If they have to get rid of Splitter they will probably just make Duncan play centre
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                I predict LMA is going to go to the Spurs. To me that's the best situation for him. He gets to play with one of the best coaches to ever coach this game, a hall of fame power forward, he would probably be the number one option there too and as ppl said there are no taxes there. Even still I think they would be able to convince him to take a pay cut to come there. Also they're winners. The Spurs will figure something out trust me. Also he wouldn't have to play centre. If they have to get rid of Splitter they will probably just make Duncan play centre
                It's also in the toughest division in the NBA. If he thought it was tough in the NW the Texas Division is brutal

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  DD hate is at an all time high. Do people not remember how efficient DD was playing next to Gay? Now imagine playing next to a legit superstar?
                  he was efficient?
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    he was efficient?
                    He never got the ball.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      DD hate is at an all time high. Do people not remember how efficient DD was playing next to Gay? Now imagine playing next to a legit superstar?
                      For the first two months of last season before Gay was traded DeMar had an amazing (read: sub-par) TS% of 52.8. Very efficient, alright.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• we should start an internet based tweet campaign to get him here.

@Aldridge_12 #LMAtoTOR #rtz

Anyone wanna help me get this going?
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I would like to know why so many ppl think LMA wants to leave the West so badly? Did he say this somewhere. Also where are you guys getting this idea that he wants to be the number 1 option? Maybe he's cool with being a 1b type. I think he's cool with staying in the West and the Spurs being in the hardest division won't scare him. Like hello they're the Spurs.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            For the first two months of last season before Gay was traded DeMar had an amazing (read: sub-par) TS% of 52.8. Very efficient, alright.
                            Gay was taking 40 shots a night. Whenever Gay passed everyone was open.

Comment

• did my part
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                                If we are going to sign Aldridge, we should trade Patterson for a future pick or something like it (ala Novak/Vasquez), if we can sign Aminu for about 4M$ or less. Same as Koufos. That way we would save money and have more flexibility when it's time to look at DD, JV and maybe even Ross' new contracts.

Valanciunas / Koufos / Nogueira
                                Aldridge / Aminu / Daniels
                                Ross / Johnson / Caboclo
                                DeRozan / De Colo / Powell
                                Lowry / Wright /

This, IMO, would be a great all around team.
                                I think Aminu would start as the 3 and Ross would prob come off the bench, simply cause he's better defensively and would provide balance for our starting roster but I can go either way.

I personally like a guy like Asik as a back up centre because he's more defensive oriented if we can sell him to come off the bench.

I like the roster a lot with LMA on our team. The LMA fit just makes sense. Hope we get him.
                                Last edited by BS10; Mon Jun 29, 2015, 10:40 PM.
                                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Working...
                                X