No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To me it comes down to the coach's philosophy that he chooses to react defensively at the end of games, rather than impose an offensive punishment approach.

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
      To me it comes down to the coach's philosophy that he chooses to react defensively at the end of games, rather than impose an offensive punishment approach.
      Very good point.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I wonder if there's any truth to the Gibson rumours? I mean it sounds like the type of guy Ujiri would go after. He's a bench player with the attributes to be a starter and if he can live up to that statement will probably be a steal.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          I wonder if there's any truth to the Gibson rumours? I mean it sounds like the type of guy Ujiri would go after. He's a bench player with the attributes to be a starter and if he can live up to that statement will probably be a steal.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
          There's probably some truth to it, since they are now over luxury tax for next season, and their owner is relatively cheap. But I don't think we can help them get under tax at this point, unless we involve a third team with a trade exception or cap room.

He'd be a nice player to get, a solid stopgap.

Comment

• Cavs owner has always been a very willing spender, but how much is too much even for him?

Comment

• I_Worship_Joe_Johnson wrote: View Post
              Wait does that mean Jv won't ever play in 4th again this year? What does he mean that they need to participate in the small ball trend. Jv is your biggest advantage, and you want to bench in the fourth again!
              It means dwane casey is a sheep.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post

Cavs owner has always been a very willing spender, but how much is too much even for him?
                If Lebron needs a 300mil payroll to win a championship then it shouldn't really count when stacking up against other greats. #Pussy

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                  Or non-words in this case. So if he didn't specifically mention it, it didn't happen? Wonder what else he may not have specifically mentioned in that press conference that by your standards would be rendered non-factual?
                  He also didn't mention how he and his wife rolled around naked in his newfound pile of money... Does that mean it didn't happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• I_Worship_Joe_Johnson wrote: View Post
                    Wait does that mean Jv won't ever play in 4th again this year? What does he mean that they need to participate in the small ball trend. Jv is your biggest advantage, and you want to bench in the fourth again!
                    In the words of Jonas Valanciunas:

Oh my god, man...
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• More reason to think Smith and Delly are gone, and TT is traded for Joe Johnson, with the Raps as facilitators.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Katman wrote: View Post
                        To me it comes down to the coach's philosophy that he chooses to react defensively at the end of games, rather than impose an offensive punishment approach.
                        Hmmmm, ok, let's see. PPat is a below average rebounder and too soft. Amir was that 5 in a small ball line up and that dude was not afraid to fight inside. He's also much better defensively. PPat is a decent 1on1 defender, but he can offer zero rim protection.

And then there's Scola. He's a good rebounder, but not that good. He can play hard, but he's kind of softish. But the biggest concern is that even at his prime Scola was a poor defender, not to mention now at the age of 35. He's best at scoring in the low post and creating from that position for others.

Nothing, absolutely nothing suggest those two guys are a smart move defensively. They're going to be killed on the glass. Unless of course Carroll becomes excellent small ball 4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Henry_Chinaski; Sun Jul 19, 2015, 12:39 AM.
                        MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          More reason to think Smith and Delly are gone, and TT is traded for Joe Johnson, with the Raps as facilitators.
                          I really hope the GM & Owner will have the balls to tell Lebron to suck it if they pull something like this and he starts to complain.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            I really hope the GM & Owner will have the balls to tell Lebron to suck it if they pull something like this and he starts to complain.
                            if they make money while paying the tax they should cater to every one of his whims

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              if they make money while paying the tax they should cater to every one of his whims
                              If you are paying high taxes then alot of that money that you gained will be lost, no owner wants that. Lebron wants to have his cake and eat it too and because he doesn't want to take less money to have a better team to compete against the likes of the Warriors or Spurs then the Cavs again will bounce out in the finals cause they ain't good enough.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                If you are paying high taxes then alot of that money that you gained will be lost, no owner wants that. Lebron wants to have his cake and eat it too and because he doesn't want to take less money to have a better team to compete against the likes of the Warriors or Spurs then the Cavs again will bounce out in the finals cause they ain't good enough.
                                if there is profit after taxes are paid, you pay them for lebron.

Comment

Working...
                                X