No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny green was signed to 4 year, $45 million deal. Lowers the chances of Spurs getting aldridge at max.

Disregard that, just saying Danny Green is no longer FA
    Last edited by Reyaz123; Wed Jul 1, 2015, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      Yeah but do you think the upgrade from Ross to Carroll is enough to justify 15 mill per? That's the big question that we'll find out in the coming seasons.
      well it had to go somewhere, seems like thats what his market was given deals to middleton and green (a worse defender).
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        Yes I know, I was talking about Ross.
        I think his point was that 40% is higher than 37%.

Of course, that still doesn't make him a bad spot up shooter.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          I think Aldridge re-signs with Portland. They got better, and can offer the most money.
          LMA has already said he's not coming back, hasn't he?
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
            LMA has already said he's not coming back, hasn't he?
            The Blazers GM said that isn't true

The gut feeling is he is good as gone

Comment

• The thing I'm loving to watch the most is the Knicks striking out on everyone. Between them and Nuggets probably tanking, that can only be good news for us. I'm salivating with the prospect of maybe a #2-#6 pick.

Comment

• Okay according to NBA stats, in terms of being a spot up 3 point shooter (Catch and shoot*), Carroll had a 3pt percentage of 41.6% (1.6 made out of 3.7 attempts per game). Ross had a 3pt percentage of 38.3% (1.5 made out of 4.0 attempts per game). So according to advanced analytics, Carroll is much better than Ross at the spot up 3.

*Any jump shot where a player possessed the ball for 2 seconds or less and took no dribbles.

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                  Okay according to NBA stats, in terms of being a spot up 3 point shooter (Catch and shoot*), Carroll had a 3pt percentage of 41.6% (1.6 made out of 3.7 attempts per game). Ross had a 3pt percentage of 38.3% (1.5 made out of 4.0 attempts per game). So according to advanced analytics, Carroll is much better than Ross at the spot up 3.

*Any jump shot where a player possessed the ball for 2 seconds or less and took no dribbles.
                  How will he thrive offensively in our system is the real question

Comment

• Reyaz123 wrote: View Post
                    That sir is the real question!

Comment

That sir is the real question!
                      i think its a pretty safe guess to say he'll do at least as well as ross
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Reyaz123 wrote: View Post
                        Do you know how many spot up threes this offensive created off drive and kick?
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                          i think its a pretty safe guess to say he'll do at least as well as ross
                          At least as well if not better. Plus he provides better defense, rebounding and passing (4.1 points created off assists vs 2.5 points created off assists). Though the passing could be inflated due to Atlanta's system....

Comment

At least as well if not better. Plus he provides better defense, rebounding and passing (4.1 points created off assists vs 2.5 points created off assists). Though the passing could be inflated due to Atlanta's system....
                            Also you mean win shares? Most definitely more than ross and a more important stat

Comment

• Bear wrote: View Post
                              I will say starting lineup of

Lowry
                              Ross
                              Carolle
                              La
                              Jv

Looks great.

A lineup of

Lowry
                              Demar
                              Carolle
                              Ppat?
                              Jv

Is a fifth or sixth seed tops.
                              I agree. Carroll alone does not move the needle enough. Need to get one or both of Wes + LA

Which would mean that DD and Patt would most likely be utilized in a S&T situation to free up cap space to make that happen.

Lowry
                              Wes
                              Carroll
                              LA
                              JV

Wright
                              Ross
                              Bruno
                              Powell
                              vet mins

Comment

• Imo, since DeRozan was used in the sales pitch to Caroll, I doubt Masai is even thinking of trading Demar at this point

Comment

Working...
                                X