No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't mind Tobias Harris, but judging him on last season, he's soft.

Comment

• Masai needs to address the rebounding. This will also cut down on all those second chance points we gave up last year. We need another PF next to JV that will average 8+ as well. Trade for Favors! He's only getting better and is a vet at 24.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
        Resign Lou and trade Ross to the Rockets for Terrence Jones.

Lowry/Wright
        DD/Lou
        Carroll/JJ
        Jones/2Pat
        JV/Bebe or FA
        I keep thinking if Houston is going to trade Jones it'll be to dump salary. It seems like that could be motivating their trades. We could probably help with that quite easily at the moment. Throw in a 1st rounder (like the lottery protected one we just got!), and maybe a 2nd rounder as well.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
          Masai needs to address the rebounding. This will also cut down on all those second chance points we gave up last year. We need another PF next to JV that will average 8+ as well. Trade for Favors! He's only getting better and is a vet at 24.
          I agree that Masai needs to find PF, but we also need a talent influx. You're not going to solve all of the things that ail the Raps in this offseason. I think we have to sign pieces that will fit long term and try to build this into something sustainable. I'd LOVE to get Favors but I'm not sure why Utah would ever move him. And if you did convince them the price would likely be astronomical and would cripple the raps in the future.
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
            I agree that Masai needs to find PF, but we also need a talent influx. You're not going to solve all of the things that ail the Raps in this offseason. I think we have to sign pieces that will fit long term and try to build this into something sustainable. I'd LOVE to get Favors but I'm not sure why Utah would ever move him. And if you did convince them the price would likely be astronomical and would cripple the raps in the future.
            Favors is OK but not exactly in the same tier as LMA. hes ok to poor offensively and good defensively and young.

Comment

• wes matthew seem likely to sign with the Mavs

Comment

• I think Utah missing out on Millsap makes any favors talk moot. I would've taken favors over Aldridge prior anyway. Favors is a beast.

I have been saying it again and again and again, now we hope that Aldridge wants Houston, which can sustain high level of play longer than the spurs, and sweep in to grab tjones and a gift.

Again if all fails, I think Masai just takes the open ended lee deal and sees what he can do next year.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  I think Utah missing out on Millsap makes any favors talk moot. I would've taken favors over Aldridge prior anyway. Favors is a beast.

I have been saying it again and again and again, now we hope that Aldridge wants Houston, which can sustain high level of play longer than the spurs, and sweep in to grab tjones and a gift.

Again if all fails, I think Masai just takes the open ended lee deal and sees what he can do next year.
                  great hope MU just keeps throwing bigs in Casey face all offseason

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                    It's just a pipe-dream I've had this afternoon, sometimes I forget they dealt Kanter... I don't think the price-tag would be astronomical, we have a lot of assets at the moment or during the year. I really don't see the Raps bringing DeMar back to be their centerpiece after this year, so he's one chip that will be expiring, plus our stash of 1st rounders.

Anyways, he was just an example of the type of guy I'm hoping for. My main point is that we need to get a lot better on the boards or it's gonna be much of the same story as last year. Like you, I want young talent there with plenty of upside. Obviously there's still plenty to fill out on this roster at the moment, but other than JV, Raps don't have any rebounders.
                    Last edited by Mack North; Thu Jul 2, 2015, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Like everytime, Masai will surprise us. We should just stop speculate and see what he does. The guy is pure genius.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        Like everytime, Masai will surprise us. We should just stop speculate and see what he does. The guy is pure genius.
                        And all the things he does come out of nowhere
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                          Like everytime, Masai will surprise us. We should just stop speculate and see what he does. The guy is pure genius.
                          How many things of the millions of players we should target, on what type of deals, what players to trade or what trade to make have actually came true? We are not at the level that Masai thinks at. He has got a plan and nobody seems to know it outside of the organization.

Edit: I know many of you are just going to say that i s the point of a forum. But seriously do we really understand what Masai is doing?

Comment

• Just read zach lowes day one of free agency reaction and he still thinks that dd/kl/jv are open to be traded. I guess it could make sense for some teams that are desperate to win like the kings. Albeit the kings just got so much flack for the recent trade (rightfully so) that they may be weary of another trade and

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                              Just read zach lowes day one of free agency reaction and he still thinks that dd/kl/jv are open to be traded. I guess it could make sense for some teams that are desperate to win like the kings. Albeit the kings just got so much flack for the recent trade (rightfully so) that they may be weary of another trade and
                              If the kings dont get Wes i could see them making a trade for demar. But what can they offer.

Comment

• The more I think about it the more I want Masai to work a trade with Houston for Jones.

Houston has lots of bigs (Howard, Montiejunas, Capela, maybe Smith, they drafted Harrell and signed Wood), plus Morey always wants to go for the stars (Aldridge?) so he could be looking to deal Jones.

Jones is only 23, should continue to improve and is already a starting calibre PF. He can also stretch the floor reasonably well for a big man (35% this past season).

If Houston wants to get cap space maybe get Jones + pick for Ridnour? Is that possible?
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X