2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    He's restricted, so it's different. The agent probably talked to all the teams, and all were sure that Milwaukee would match. At that point Middleton didn't have much leverage.
    Very possible, good point.

Comment

• All the talk about Chris Middleton and ... Well, he is signing with the Bucks for 5 years $70 million.

Comment

• K.L. Taking max 5 year $90 million from the Spurs.

Comment

• Butler is about to sign the max 5 year $90 from Chicago.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            If LMA falls through, I really hope we max offer sheet Harris and then go hunting for CoJo (SAS will be in tight to keep him if they win the LMA sweepstakes).

Wow, Middleton taking less than max to stay in Milwaukee long term. He could get close to 70M (67.5) on a 4 year deal. Even a little more if the cap ends up higher than 67 as has been reported. Strange move by his agent letting him take that deal.
            I would assume then that you lok to trade demar....

Comment

• Raptors, if they are astute, hopefully,Houston picks up a player of Max contract, and Raptors pick up Ariza and one of the PFs that exist on the Houston Team.
              Ariza as your starting 3, and a PF for Ridnour plus a !st round pick

Comment

• Aminu Signed with Blazers for 4 year $30 million !!

Comment

• Ellis is in talks for 3 year $32M offer from the Pacers, that's probably what Lou is looking for.

Comment

• Also, nothing finalized with Middleton yet, reports just say they're closing in on a deal. It seems a surprisingly low number for Middleton, his agent is crap is he doesn't make him wait a bit for teams (like us) to strike out on some free agents and overpay him a bit to get him out of Milwaukee.

Comment

• Lakers exercised option on Sacre, another Canadian talent hanging around the NBA still.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                        Explain why you think Corey Joseph would be a good pickup for the Raptors without using the word 'Canadian'.
                        He's a solid defender that can play both guard spots, has upside long term with his playmaking and shooting, and is on a team that is in a situation such that they might not match even a modest offer.

I don't care where players are from. The only way in which him being Canadian factors in is whether he would be open to coming here, which I imagine is slightly increased due to him being Canadian. But if he were not, he'd be worth an offer anyway.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                          Also, nothing finalized with Middleton yet, reports just say they're closing in on a deal. It seems a surprisingly low number for Middleton, his agent is crap is he doesn't make him wait a bit for teams (like us) to strike out on some free agents and overpay him a bit to get him out of Milwaukee.
                          Just like with Leonard, nothing firm will come out until they use their cap space while his cap hold is small. It's a done deal.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Just like with Leonard, nothing firm will come out until they use their cap space while his cap hold is small. It's a done deal.
                            Just seems weird when I saw tweets that his agent was using Parsons contract as a starting point. Why would he take such a low offer?

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                              Explain why you think Corey Joseph would be a good pickup for the Raptors without using the word 'Canadian'.
                              Ask Pop - he sure as hell wasn't a rotation player for the Spurs because he was Canadian.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

He's a solid defender that can play both guard spots, has upside long term with his playmaking and shooting, and is on a team that is in a situation such that they might not match even a modest offer.

I don't care where players are from. The only way in which him being Canadian factors in is whether he would be open to coming here, which I imagine is slightly increased due to him being Canadian. But if he were not, he'd be worth an offer anyway.
                                Do you think Toronto goes after CuJo though with Delon Wright basically projecting to be a similar type of player (can play both guard spots, good defender, smart playmaker, etc)? Joseph actually is only 8 months older than Delon.

Comment

Working...
                                X