• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Raptors media. I'm used to it.
    They're sheep's
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Say what you will, this guy has really evolved into a leader, at least in how he carries himself and communicates with the media.
      Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Mon Sep 28, 2015, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Say what you will, this guy has really evolved into a leader, at least in how he carries himself and communicates with the media.
          What he said!
          #ProveEm
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Say what you will, this guy has really evolved into a leader, at least in how he carries himself and communicates with the media.
            The frustrating thing for years has been his 'words' VS 'actions'. I don't think I've ever heard/read anybody say a bad thing about DeRozan the guy (ie: person, man, athlete, teammate, franchise representative, etc...), and he usually says the right thing. However, when he steps on the court (and it's debatable how much is on him VS on DC), it's as though he forgets about those teammates he's apparently leading.

Over the past few seasons, part of me wants DC fired just to see how DeRozan can play under a real coach; proper game-planning, effective usage, analytics-driven shooting strategy, playmaking/passing, accountability... arg!

Comment

• I gather Bismack was a fan favourite in Charlotte. I read no report that didn't express misgiving about his leaving, because of the person he is. But I also read reports that they saw real improvement in this young man, another recent lottery pick, on the court to go along with that ... and that it was really a numbers game that saw him leave.

Again, I am impressed with the people Masai has brought in. I honestly can't say (obviously) what sort of "mix" might be conducive to winning. But I feel like the international flavour of the team will help. People from Brazil and Lithuania and the Congo and Canada have something to offer the Americans - and I dare say, the Black Americans.

In the Jazz era, Black Americans (like Charlie "the Bird" Parker, Nina Simone and others), found time in Europe ... well, I don't know what word to use ... . "Uplifting", shall we say. I'm proud of Canada, in this way.

And I'm very pleased with what I think Masai is doing in bringing in some good people to share a locker-room and a mission.

Okay?
              Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Mon Sep 28, 2015, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Lowry is now listed at 196lbs which is 1 pound more than cojo.
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  What he said!
                  #ProveEm
                  He better. It's time to prove 'em', enough of talking.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    The frustrating thing for years has been his 'words' VS 'actions'. I don't think I've ever heard/read anybody say a bad thing about DeRozan the guy (ie: person, man, athlete, teammate, franchise representative, etc...), and he usually says the right thing. However, when he steps on the court (and it's debatable how much is on him VS on DC), it's as though he forgets about those teammates he's apparently leading.

Over the past few seasons, part of me wants DC fired just to see how DeRozan can play under a real coach; proper game-planning, effective usage, analytics-driven shooting strategy, playmaking/passing, accountability... arg!
                    Like how he set aside the inevitable "contract year" questions. Nice.

Well, here's hoping that what they say about learning to play in the playoffs, along with the changes, bears fruit. As you may have guessed, I don't care so much about championships. No one wants to watch a crappy team lose night after night. And playoff sports are so very exciting. But the hoisting the cup, bowl, plaque, chalice, trophy part, per se ... Great when it happens. Always the goal. But I don't know what kind of sports fan you really are if that means too much to you, year in, year out.

I like to see good guys play well and do well for the locals. My town. And for themselves.

And - yes - DeMar seems like one of the good guys. If he really doesn't fit here as a basketball decision, I'll be fine, ultimately, of course. But I wish them all the best. Him too. As much as anyone - maybe a bit more, somehow. Good things should happen to good people ...
                    Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Mon Sep 28, 2015, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                      How many times did Lowry have to say "I don't know what I did in the offseason to slim down, I just worked" before they stopped asking him about it?

No way a professional basketball player "just worked". He worked all year over 86 games plus practices.

Definitely made a change in his diet..... definitely.

Just eating natural, real food can make an incredible difference. I dropped 30lbs last year just by cutting back on sugar (I have brutal sweet tooth), cutting processed foods, and cutting bread.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        What role you describe from Horford you can get for much cheaper. You are massively overpaying for a role player....which will make the team worse because you have to cut corners everywhere else

Lowry is a very good win producer for his contract...I don't think you let him go for anything short of a superstar
                        Can you get it for much cheaper?

Please name for me the cheaper PF(s) who can also play C, is long and athletic, is decently strong, can score in the post and in the face up, is comfortable also off the ball as a shooter, is a good passer from every spot he'd have the ball, is a strong defender both individually and collectively, is a very strong leader who makes every team he's on better and is still in his prime. I think you vastly underrate Horford, though he may be the most underrated player in the NBA.

Talent-wise he's a 2nd or 3rd tier star, but he always performs at about as high a level as you can expect, and helps make sure he gets the same from his teammates.

Lowry meanwhile will only have 2 years left when you go into this summer (when Horford is an UFA). He plays arguably the deepest position in the league. He plays a hard style and is somewhat injury prone, while also depending on that style because he's not the most cerebral player. He plays all out, and he plays at that speed quite a bit (as in he's not really that "change of speeds" or "old man game" type PG), and depends on that speed especially since he's small and not that athletic so he can't elevate and finish in the paint at an elite level...he has to beat the D to the rim, and if he's a step slow he won't be able to. He can't run the p'n'r very well or is even that great a passer, and if his speed is at all affected by injuries or decline, he'll look a lot like he did late last year both offensively and defensively.

I'm not saying Lowry's a bad player, but if I had to pick one I'd take Horford. I think it would be much much easier to find someone who can give you what you need at PG with the new frontcourt than finding a PF who can do all the things Horford does and will somehow miraculously cost less.

**Let me frame it like this. Horford and Lowry are probably about in the same tier in terms of how they measure up against other players at their position, and also they're the same age. So then I think:
                        -Who has a game that will age better? Horford.
                        -Who has a game that fits better with a super-high USG perimetersuperstar like KD? Horford.
                        -Who has better leadership/character traits? Horford.
                        -And lastly, and leastly, who'd be easier to "replace"? Lowry. Plays the deeper position and also a position where there's more overlap of skills amongst peers.
                        Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Sep 28, 2015, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Can you get it for much cheaper?

I'm not saying Lowry's a bad player, but if I had to pick one I'd take Horford. I think it would be much much easier to find someone who can give you what you need at PG with the new frontcourt than finding a PF who can do all the things Horford does and will somehow miraculously cost less.
                          Basically a different valuation theory ... but well argued.

Comment

• Is anyone more that a little concerned to see this sign in the training facility?

http://imgur.com/gallery/gmdawRd/new

Sorry for the crappy quality, I just took a screenshot of a Snap from what I believe to be the Raptors story.

Comment

• I really just wanna see guys hit the court, man!

Enough of this. I NEED BASKETBALL!
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Coach Pop... doesn't really fit here, but it's Coach Pop

Comment

Working...
                                X