• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    And PPat +1 for Tobias Harris reeks of a BC move, and may not even work out
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...08-column.html

I dont know very much about basketball.

And I dont like Isiah Thomas (the exec) but I think he is a pretty good talent evaluator. A couple of days ago I heard him say his sleeper talent who was available was Harris because he had special talents (and was on a not so good team with suspect coaching ...which is my comment).

We need talent. We also need a PF and admittedly he is a bit of a tweener. But the Raptors are in flux and not totally developed yet. I say get the best talent available this year... especially with the cap going up and runofthemill players get massive $ next two years.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      I don't think it'd take that much. TJones is Houstons Terrence Ross from what I gather (both need a change of scenery). Besides, they have lots of depth at PF with Capela and Montijunas (or however you spell it). They could use another shooter off the bench so Ross could provide that to them.
      rockets fans like TJones but arent sure who s better DMo or Jones. hes more like Amir, every year a new PF but Jones always ends up winning the job except last year due to injury.good but flawed

Comment

• LMA needs to hurry up and sign with a team to let the rest of the blocks fall into place. Jeeze...
        #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Tobias Harris just re-upped with Orlando so that plan is done.

Man I'm kinda worried, I trust Masai but if we strike out on Aldridge he's gonna have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to get us a starting PF.

I feel like Masai wouldn't bet the farm on signing LMA, sure he has a backup plan.

Comment

• Good bye Tobias.

Also, for those pining a Ross for Jones trade, you're cruel. The two are best friends if I remember correctly.

Comment

• This offseason SUCKS
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Pretend I'm dumb (pretty easy to do).

If we're at $43.1mm right now (including Ridnour) and Lou is at $10.4mm caphold (190% times former salary)... that's $53.5. If the cap is at $69mm wouldn't we able to slot in Carroll and then go over the cap?
                Yes, we can sign Carroll. But Lou's hold is still eating all our cap space. So if at that point we wanted to sign Lou to a 20M per year deal, and go over the cap that way, we could. But we cannot sign a player like CoJo (since we have no cap room) then go over the cap with Lou, which I thought was the original question.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                  Toby is a Magic
                  Dang it.

So, all in on hoping LMA either chooses us or the Suns, so we can try to trade for Morris...
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Damn, who's even left out there as a plan D??

http://hoopshype.com/2015/07/01/nba-...hos-available/

Looks like we may have to go the trade route at this point.

Comment

• Anyone else notice that Lowry retweeted something by Marcus Morris?
                      Is this a sign that Marcus could be traded over here or his brother?

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        So Lowry retweeted some "loyalty is everything" tweet and changed his profile to generic.

Interesting.
                        If we trade Lowry....

/wrists

Comment

If we trade Lowry....

/wrists
                          Weeelll that could get messy.

Comment

Damn, who's even left out there as a plan D??

http://hoopshype.com/2015/07/01/nba-...hos-available/

Looks like we may have to go the trade route at this point.
                            LeBron James is still on the board! make it happen Masai!
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Plan D:

Suns win LMA sweepstakes, need to clear 11M to fit both Aldridge and Chandler.

Raptors keep Ridnour, cap space totals 8.4M. Two trades: first, Markieff Morris into our cap space for our 2016 1st. That clears them 7.5M (as they add a roster slot cap hold).

Second trade: Ridnour, James Johnson, LAC 1st 2017 for PJ Tucker, Jon Leuer. Outgoing = 5.25M, incoming = 6.535. Again, they clear 1.285M. That's 8.685M cleared. Then they waive Ridnour - that's another 2.2M cleared. 10.985M. That'll work.

Overall deal is JJ, LAC 1st 2017, TOR 1st 2016 for Morris, Tucker and Leuer. With Ridnour changing hands and being waived.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Emeka Okafor anyone? Everyone forgot about him apparently..

Comment

Working...
                                X