No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First of all innocent before guilty, they can plead down to a misdemeanor . JJ + TRoss for Markieff + Goodwin or JJ+ TRoss +Ronald for Markieff + TJ Warren.

Comment

• The more stuff comes out of Markieff's camp the less I want him. At this point I'd be upset if we gave up PP for him.

JJ and Ross would be a worthwhile risk for Kieff + Goodwin and/or the Cavs pick, but who knows how much Suns are asking for at this point.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        There we go - 1-year QO it is!

Nice Plan B to have (after the KD sweepstakes)
        You'd think Horford would be plan B since he is way way better than Tristan. I actually don't see the Raps as a suitor for TT, we need a starting PF, not another backup (and one that wants max money).

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          You'd think Horford would be plan B since he is way way better than Tristan. I actually don't see the Raps as a suitor for TT, we need a starting PF, not another backup (and one that wants max money).
          Yeah, I've been hoping for bad things to happen to the Hawks for like the last 2 seasons so that Horford would feel like he needs a change of scenery.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Yeah, I've been hoping for bad things to happen to the Hawks for like the last 2 seasons so that Horford would feel like he needs a change of scenery.
            Maybe they see that Millsap is an ideal starting PF next to Splitter at C and Horford becomes the odd man out. Can the Hawks afford to pay 2 PF's $20M+ each? Horford is the marquee free agent most likely to change teams next offseason in my opinion. If the Hawks struggle at all I could even see him being moved during the season so they don't lose him for nothing like they did with Carroll. Gotta suck to take a bench player, turn him into an all star caliber talent, then watch him walk for nothing.

Comment

Sure, and maybe we trade for Horford mid-season as part of "the big push". Otherwise, TT just seems way more obtainable with cap space dollars.

Comment

• no to Markieff...he's a shit head...you don't put shit heads on your team
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• It was about a month ago where I was listing possible PF's that Masai should go after.. Markief was high on that list (after Faried and TJones). Markief's character is of concern for sure.. but he's a good PF with a great contract. In my opinion, 2Pat isn't a starter. Scola is a fine player but I'd rather have Markief.

I'd do a Ross+JJ trade, but with Markief's value so low I'd expect Phoenix to throw in a draft pick to sweeten the pot.

I believe in character, but I also believe in talent.. and talent usually trumps character.

Comment

• Tristan Thompson if he signs QO he'll be a raptor by All-Star weekend
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

It might be wise to realize we dont have a chance at signing Horford considering the other 20 + teams that have cap space and go straight for TT. Sign him early while others are looking at Horford. He would be a great fit with jv imo if jvs mid range jump shot improves. He can do a lot of what amir did and he is still young.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Tristan Thompson if he signs QO he'll be a raptor by All-Star weekend
                        If you are going to sign him in free agency than why give up assets for him?

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                          Not that I would personally condone the trade or signing.. but trading for him could be to retain his bird rights so he can be resigned without having to worry about being under the cap to acquire him in the summer.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                            because bird rights extra years and the ability to sign someone else before you finish his deal because of the cap hold thats why ffs
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Would not mind trading for TT to try him out for his QO for a bit.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Not that I would personally condone the trade or signing.. but trading for him could be to retain his bird rights so he can be resigned without having to worry about being under the cap to acquire him in the summer.
                                some1 correct me if i am wrong but if TT signs the QO he loses his bird rights regardless of a trade to another team or even with the Cavs. Practically making Cavs lose TT as they wont have enough cap room to sign him to a contract next summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X