2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    According to Sportsnet, this is the largest Free Agent deal in team history... that can't be right...
    maybe the largest in terms of a new signing but not a re-signing? Or maybe it actually is based on $ value, anyone know offhand what Bosh's extension was worth?

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
      maybe the largest in terms of a new signing but not a re-signing? Or maybe it actually is based on $ value, anyone know offhand what Bosh's extension was worth?
      Bingo it is.

Previous record for a new player was Hedo's deal that started at 10M

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        I love Carroll...but that seems too high. Anything higher than Danny Green seems too high. They fill similar niches, and neither really have upside at this point....Would've liked his number to be closer to $10M per year.

Thought the same myself but Green gave the Spurs a discount I think, 15 mill was the old 11 mill. (new cap) and I believe Wesley Johnson with the achilles heel was asking for the same. We do need some more moves though.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
          Yeah, it's 12:31 EST on the first day of Free Agency. I expect Masai is done.
          Got me to laugh out loud

Comment

• 15 milli is going to look reasonable as hell in a couple years
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ok, we got DeMarre Carrol, now what, do we still have the salary cap to sign LMA or through somewhat of trade like Ross and PPP and our picks for LMA

Comment

• 82.7% of DeMarre Carroll's hoops were assisted last year, on league's best AST% team. Just signed with the league's 3rd worst AST% team.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                  82.7% of DeMarre Carroll's hoops were assisted last year, on league's best AST% team. Just signed with the league's 3rd worst AST% team.
                  he will be the prototype for others to observe the "casey effect" unless major strategy changes are made for next year.

Comment

82.7% of DeMarre Carroll's hoops were assisted last year, on league's best AST% team. Just signed with the league's 3rd worst AST% team.
                    this could be the stat of the year IF Carroll is a bust next season.

Comment

He's on a 4 year deal. Casey won't be around for long if he can't use DeMarre properly.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
                        This is why I'm a little wary of this signing.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• He is going to be fine. He is a great defender and good 3 point shooter. Two areas that was suppose to be Ross.

Comment

• Love the signing!

Demarre Carrol is a good player and knows how to move the ball. He's a true 3 & D player. I'm more excited for the upgrade in defense. Comparable Guys like Middleton and Harris are getting max or close to it just based on "potential." We get a really good player who shows up in the playoffs for a reasonable price.

No way we trade Demar now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
                              One word. Defense. Offence is a bonus. Keep in mind our issue isn't scoring....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Carroll can cover Pierce and James in the playoffs.. although he tried against James last year and got his ass kicked.

Comment

Working...
                                X