Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    People love Toronto.
    but why wiould we need batum, Unless Carroll is going to be our new PF, Batum at SF

Or can Batum play SG?

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
      but why wiould we need batum, Unless Carroll is going to be our new PF, Batum at SF

Or can Batum play SG?
      The point wasn't that we need Batum.

The point was that the Raptors are starting to be seen as an attractive destination.

And for someone who suggested getting Gallo to play PF, I don't see why you'd be uncomfortable with Batum there (who is a better defender, longer and better shotblocker).

Comment

• I'd trade DeRozan for Batum today and extend him for Carroll money
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          People love Toronto.
          Winning changes everything! No would want to be here if we tanked two years ago
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
            The point wasn't that we need Batum.

The point was that the Raptors are starting to be seen as an attractive destination.

And for someone who suggested getting Gallo to play PF, I don't see why you'd be uncomfortable with Batum there (who is a better defender, longer and better shotblocker).
            gallo is 6'9 with a 7'1 wingspan
            Batum is 6'8 with a 7'1 wingspan

Gallo is far thicker than Batum and has 20lbs or more difference there.(Espn has Gallo at 225 and batum at 200)

Gallo is superior offensively
            Batum is superior defensively

But because of the size, I would place my money on Gallo being a better pf than Batum.

Comment

• Batum is interesting.

He isn't top tier talent.

Think he would be an upgrade on DeRozan at SG.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                Batum is interesting.

He isn't top tier talent.

Think he would be an upgrade on DeRozan at SG.
                I wonder if Charlotte get spooked enough to take DD and swap of 1st for Batum.

Comment

• Batum in my opinion is going to get just as much as DD would in free agency. You could actually argue that Batum could get more since there could be more teams looking for his skill-set (ie, 3&D vs mid-range + FTA's + usage). However Batum did have a pretty bad season last year. So he'll need to match his production from 2013-2014 to get that max deal. His usage should go up in Charlotte so it'll be interesting to see how he does produce.

I could see Masai looking at Batum with interest.. but I don't think Charlotte swaps Batum for DD and gives up another asset. Even if they did, I think I'd rather swap DD for a good value contract (rookie scale / or veteran with picks) so that the Raptors can be free agent shoppers in 2016 (assuming of course that no stud is available via trade).

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    I wonder if Charlotte get spooked enough to take DD and swap of 1st for Batum.
                    Wouldn't they be spooked that DeMar could leave?

I don't think that Batum is an upgrade over DD, but I wouldn't mind getting him as a free agent, assuming he has a better, healthy year. DeMar, Batum and Carroll would be an impressive wing rotation, and they could play together some minutes in small ball units.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Batum in my opinion is going to get just as much as DD would in free agency. You could actually argue that Batum could get more since there could be more teams looking for his skill-set (ie, 3&D vs mid-range + FTA's + usage). However Batum did have a pretty bad season last year. So he'll need to match his production from 2013-2014 to get that max deal. His usage should go up in Charlotte so it'll be interesting to see how he does produce.

I could see Masai looking at Batum with interest.. but I don't think Charlotte swaps Batum for DD and gives up another asset. Even if they did, I think I'd rather swap DD for a good value contract (rookie scale / or veteran with picks) so that the Raptors can be free agent shoppers in 2016 (assuming of course that no stud is available via trade).
                      It's going to be very tough to trade DD this year, not many teams are willing to give up assets for a possible rental player. Even Charlotte's trade for Batum doesn't make any sense since he's a UFA.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                        It's going to be very tough to trade DD this year, not many teams are willing to give up assets for a possible rental player. Even Charlotte's trade for Batum doesn't make any sense since he's a UFA.
                        Yeah.. that's what I'm sensing as well. Only times teams take chance on rentals are if they are contending and would be okay to lost an asset or two for a 'win-now' chance. I don't think the Raptors will be sellers at all this year.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Yeah.. that's what I'm sensing as well. Only times teams take chance on rentals are if they are contending and would be okay to lost an asset or two for a 'win-now' chance. I don't think the Raptors will be sellers at all this year.
                          That's what it would have to be. One team who feels one more perimeter scorer might put them over the top this season.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I still see charlotte intetested. And i could see demar staying as long as money is paid.

Got mkg to do his defense for him, he gets to be the man, and he might get some tips from mj

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

• "Batum is an impending unrestricted free agent on a borderline playoff team, diving into an unprecedented cap frenzy in which two-dozen suitors could offer $20 million per season. Batum’s people have already made noise about how much Batum would like to play in Toronto, a city that appeals to his international roots, per several league sources."

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/go...ba-mediocrity/
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                "Batum is an impending unrestricted free agent on a borderline playoff team, diving into an unprecedented cap frenzy in which two-dozen suitors could offer $20 million per season. Batum’s people have already made noise about how much Batum would like to play in Toronto, a city that appeals to his international roots, per several league sources."

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/go...ba-mediocrity/
                                "Taken together, Charlotte has rejected a total of six first-round picks over two drafts to select Kaminsky and Vonleh."

oh god lol

Comment

Working...
                                X