2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Raps are treading water at best thus far.

I'm underwhelmed.

Carroll is highest paid player on team and he is a glue player. His strengths as a player are the exact opposite of what the team preached last year.

PG is thinner.
    Big Depth is thinner.

3 days in though. Lots of time.

Work some magic masai
    Whether we like it or not, it appears PP will be the starting 4 for spacing and "some" D. His rebounding deficiencies will be compensated by the presence of Carroll. I think Masai should consider a backup PF and a back-up C (like Gorgui Dieng) and a Dorell Wright for a vet minimum (not sure what his status is with Portland). The return of Lou Will may be inevitable and JJ could also slide as a small-ball PF. Just my thoughts.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Apparently DeMar helped recruit DeMarre. Would be pretty evil of Masai to trade him after having him help recruit his replacement.

With that said, I think trading DeMar for a starting caliber PF would make this team much better both in the short term and long term.
      Speculation

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Raps are treading water at best thus far.

I'm underwhelmed.

Carroll is highest paid player on team and he is a glue player. His strengths as a player are the exact opposite of what the team preached last year.

PG is thinner.
        Big Depth is thinner.

3 days in though. Lots of time.

Work some magic masai
        I disagree. As you said we're only just getting started, lots of time left in the offseason but I think we're in a better place this year than we were this time last year.

- We have 4 draft picks in the next 2 years
        - A very good SF that is tough and plays both ends of the floor on a reasonable deal given the cap increases coming
        - Replaced GV with a young defensive minded PG with great size for the position and who should be able to contribute rather quickly
        - We still have 10million in cap space to use to address the needs you outlined

How we fill in the rest of the roster will depend on where Aldridge decides to go.

If he goes to Spurs, we go after CoJo

If he goes to Rockets, we go after TJones (even if he doesn't we should go after Jones)

If he goes to Suns, we go after Tucker and Morris

If he goes to Dallas, umm...ok lets hope he doesn't go to Dallas.

Point is, we're in a good spot with solid flexibility now and in the future, we have assets that can be used in trades and if JV can finally make a decent jump we might have a pretty solid rotation that can atleast be competitive in the East.
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
          PG - MCW
          SG - Middleton
          SF - Greek Freak
          PF - Parker
          C - Monroe

God I love that line-up. They'll be a defensive group even with Monroe in the middle.
          Looking better than the raps right now.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            There isn't anything that's happened over the last 2 days to suggest any one player is safe.

DeRozan's contract status still presents a big problem for Masai.
            Raptors sold DeMarre on playing next to DD
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
              Looking better than the raps right now.
              With Kidd as a coach they're looking as good as the Bulls or Wiz right now.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                I'm sure they told Ridnour the same thing

Look guys, this isn't high school anymore, where rumours and spoken words actually mean anything. Anything can change from 1 day to the next.

Masai's gonna spend $25 million/yr on DeRozan because he might have made a promise to Carroll. smh.

Comment

The warlord traded Nene months after re-signing him. no one is safe.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Speculation.

Coming from the man himself, it sounds like the Raptors sold him by offering him a larger role on the offense. That and the money.
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                      Speculation.

Coming from the man himself, it sounds like the Raptors sold him by offering him a larger role on the offense. That and the money.
                      But given the size of his contract, the expectations should be proportional. I don't think it needs to be promised to Carroll, it should be expected (offensive involvement that is). Also, we know that DD needs to become a better passer and handle the ball less. He needs to adapt his game to this incoming piece in Demarre Carroll.
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

MU is in no rush to trade asset like DD. He is going to evaluate his team the whole season and see the improvements that DD has made. During this time, he will be in constant negotiation with DD's team.

One thing that this summer has shown us is that the salaries have gone up significantly. Under the new Cap, DD is well worth the 20-22 million.

If DD improves, he will be a great #2 in this team and can be used as a tool to attract FAs.

It is true that there are unsubstantial rumours that DD is asking for 25 million but that is just rumours and there are always negotiation.

To summarize, Anti-Demar Camp will have a whole season of bashing this guy in the "Everything Demar Derozen" Thread

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                          Speculation.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

Look guys, this isn't high school anymore, where rumours and spoken words actually mean anything. Anything can change from 1 day to the next.

Masai's gonna spend $25 million/yr on DeRozan because he might have made a promise to Carroll. smh.

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

No, I think Masai will 20-22 mil on DD. Masai is known to be a man of his word.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• anyways, my thoughts so far

Carroll wasn't even my 3rd choice of a swing to bring in, especially not at 15 mill... but i don't mind it. IF he's our SF. he's a 3 and D guy who's relentless and will be good for the locker room. if they seriously brought him in to play PF in a small ball lineup then i don't know what MU is doing and i'm really, really disappointed. like, completely bummed. Carroll has never played PF and there's probably a good reason for that. he's a 3 who can D up guards too and maybe switch out on smaller, more athletic PF's but that's it. i keep telling myself MU obviously knows this. if you wanted a small ball 4 you should've went after Harris.

i still hope DD is traded. i still hope Harris is brought in (small ball 4 that'll work!). i still hope MU knows what he's doing.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X