• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    How you land Aldridge...

Offer him a 1 YR Max deal

then when the cap jumps offer him full five year max
    If my math is correct we would then be paying him $40.1mm in the fifth year of his contract when he is 35.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      I think LMA wants to be the man.. and he has that option in Toronto. That's what I would be selling him on.
      That plus ECF every year. If you can get past Lebron you're in the finals. We'd still need a better head coach but that will be easy to make happen with LMA in the fold.

Comment

• Sign LA, hang on to Nando's rights (possibly signing him after), and sign Dorrell Wright for the veteran min.

Lowry/Wright/Nando
        DD/Ross/Nando
        Wright/Bruno/Daniels
        LA/PP/JJ
        Jonas/Bebe/min

Looks pretty good to me. I like getting a true-max player in as well, but at the old cap level. It's a lot different pointing out to DeMar that Aldridge is paid 19 mill, than being able to point to Middleton taking 16.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          That plus ECF every year. If you can get past Lebron you're in the finals. We'd still need a better head coach but that will be easy to make happen with LMA in the fold.
          Chicago or Atlanta will continue to be tough match ups.. but he'd have a much easier road then getting through GSW/Houston/LAC/San Antonio/etc.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            If my math is correct we would then be paying him $40.1mm in the fifth year of his contract when he is 35.
            Give him any contract he wants. I'm assuming it would be a 4 year max with opt outs in year 2 and 3 like Lebron got. Big men with mid range game don't fall off that quickly, just look at Duncan. As long as your game isn't predicated on being explosive you'll be ok.

Comment

Do we see the stability (in the questionable move of retaining Casey) pay off? I wonder.

Comment

Chicago or Atlanta will continue to be tough match ups.. but he'd have a much easier road then getting through GSW/Houston/LAC/San Antonio/etc.
                Chicago is done in my opinion. Rose is shot. Gibson is old. Noah is getting old. Butler is their only young guy I expect to be as good or better in a few years.

Atlanta could be back to mediocre if they lose Millsap and Carroll, both distinct possibilities.

Comment

• Are there any other notable teams in the East with enough cap space for an Aldridge type?

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    you don't give a roll player more than 4 mil. if he could shoot then sure but he can't so no.
                    Didn't he shoot +50% from corners last year in the playoffs?

Comment

• If we sign Aldridge, the worst part will be the infinity times we have to hear/read a media person mention how we passed on him in the draft
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Give him any contract he wants. I'm assuming it would be a 4 year max with opt outs in year 2 and 3 like Lebron got. Big men with mid range game don't fall off that quickly, just look at Duncan. As long as your game isn't predicated on being explosive you'll be ok.
                        I know he's an attractive free agent but he's nowhere close to a Tim Duncan in terms of impact. He's been out of the first round once. A five-year max next year once he turns 31 smells like a Melo-type deal to me. Plus it would hurt us in terms of adding more talent.

I say you give him the four-year max this year and sell him on the notion that next season with the bump in cap we'd be able to add even more talent around him. ie Try and land KD.

Comment

Surprised the Raptors are associated with any free agents this early. To me it appears more of a rumour than anything.

He should not be getting more than $3M per year. He should basically have the exact same value as James Johnson.. maybe just with more character. If we're keeping James, don't want any part of Aminu. And to be honest.. James is better.
                          Good argument. The problem with JJ and Aminu potentially is usage.

Comment

• He shot well in the playoffs but in season he was 30% from the corners.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Are there any other notable teams in the East with enough cap space for an Aldridge type?
                              I think Phil Jax maybe concerned at the announcement!

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                How you land Aldridge...

Offer him a 1 YR Max deal

then when the cap jumps offer him full five year max
                                Can't do that. Need Bird Rights for 5 year offers, and it takes 3 years to accumulate BR. We'd be able to offer him a tiny raise for 4 years. Other teams could offer more with cap room, so we'd need to have enough cap room to make an offer with that.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X