2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Were not a better team defensively with DD on the court? Yes or No. Casey even said no one knows our rotation better than DD does.
    even if we're better on the court with DD, that doesn't mean he's our best team defender.

its just not logical
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
      even if we're better on the court with DD, that doesn't mean he's our best team defender.

its just not logical
      Last year he actually was.

Although we were a terrible defensive team so take that with a grain of salt.

Comment

its just not logical
        Who was our best team defender than?
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Hmmmmmm.

That is interesting.

Unfortunate as well though.

Would have been good to get something from Lou.

Raps are limited to cap space to get better now.

No Lou S&T and that Vasquez TPE is essentially worthless.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Who was our best team defender than?
            amir johnson, imo
            "Bruno?
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• So I wonder what the plan is now? What does Masai have up his sleeve... I hope something. This team will struggle offensively.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                So I wonder what the plan is now? What does Masai have up his sleeve... I hope something. This team will struggle offensively.
                well we've lost GV and LOU.

but were moving ross to the bench where he can pick up some of that slack, and hopefully JV starts to carry more of that load.

i don't think were that much worse offensively right now, but our next signing will hopefully address that to a certain extent.
                "Bruno?
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Part of me actually wanted to see Lou stay, given how we got rid of Vasquez and picked up so many defenders. Seemed to me that we could have used his offence. No doubt, though, that the exact same idea occurred to Masai. The fact that Lou wasn't brought back speaks volumes about the style of play MU wants going forward.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Lol once again Masai tied Casey hands next season Ala John Salmon's with Lou so he couldn't overplay a player that creates more of a negative impact on the team the longer he sees the floor.

Which has me worried which ineffective guard will Casey fall in love with next year, while JJ & JV and probably BB rot on the bench.

Ross will be it.

Comment

thing is, now that we have a ton of defense only guys on the second unit, a player like lou could be useful
                      I think this gives Ross a clear role for next season, hopefully he steps up to the opportunity.

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      So basically if you cant play D you cant play for the raptors...
                      Looks like it. Maybe the pendulum is swinging too much the other way though?

Our best team defender highly doubt it.
                      Its a fact...
                      So, sad and so so true. It's embarrassing how much I agree with this, and wish I didn't. Demar rarely cheats, keeps his assignments under control and his time off the court showed the difference. Beginning of the season, the team was top 10 defense, after his injury a bottom feeding defense. JJ is clearly the best man defender, but Demar was the best in the system. Which is sad, depressing, irritating and...GAHHH!!!!

Hopefully, this year he isn't in the top 3 team defenders for this team. No team with him the best anything is getting out the first round. And I'm a DD supporter. Lowry, or someone else HAS to lead the offense and Carroll has to lead the defense, otherwise -- treadmill -definition, see Toronto Raptors.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        Lol once again Masai tied Casey hands next season Ala John Salmon's with Lou so he couldn't overplay a player that creates more of a negative impact on the team the longer he sees the floor.

Which has me worried which ineffective guard will Casey fall in love with next year, while JJ & JV and probably BB rot on the bench.

Ross will be it.
                        this is kind of a weird perspective that a lot of people have. i really dont think that somehow masai is struggling to put up with casey.
                        "Bruno?
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• I'm still convince that if you give Weems,
                          a small and & short contract, he will be more efficient then Lou was.

Comment

• I did not like his game. Despite all the talks here about how MU will do a S&T for Lou, had a feeling it will not happen. He found a good home in LA but his fit there is very questionable.

MU has a lot more work to do this off season.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              Lou's 19.9 PER will be hard to replace. We used him awfully, yet he still produced really well. I was impressed with his defence most of the time, despite it not being what he is known for.

He always came in chill as fuck, didn't seem to be bothered by big moments. He stretched the floor, created space, broke people down with his dribble, attracted fouls like a rooster in heat. His worst moments, I consider to be system failures.

Our bench is pretty depleted now, we still have cash, but a hole at PF and a bench that would make the Cavs laugh, represent serious problems. I don't know how we fix these issues without trading our assets (cap space, picks, Ross), because the FAs left on board leave a lot to be desired.
                              If I may, let me turn that point (bold) around.....he did well precisely because he was used awfully.

Atlanta traded him for essentially nothing and gave us Bebe to unload him probably because Budenholzer I believe decided he could not properly function in a structured offense and possibly his defensive deficiencies. He is now going to a team which also requires points and probably as insurance in case Kobe does not recover fully. We really need to go back to the 13-14 post Gay trade style where there was some semblance of ball movement. As I said earlier Casey is to also be blamed here for his usage and Masai for not recognizing this and intervening.

Comment

• Go back and watch a random game, and just watch Demar on D, and watch how many times he totally loses his man off a screen, doesn't box out, etc. Not to say that the doesn't do some good things, but he makes so many head-scratching gaffes that I can't see how he can be the best team defender. And if he is - well, then it's a booby prize.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X