2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacoHD wrote: View Post
    how do you guys feel about Danny Granger ?
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    2015 Danny Granger or 2008 Danny Granger?
    He would look great playing between Bosh and Calderon. Triano would love him. Maybe BC could flip Shawn Marion for a prospect.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• This is the article on Jimmy Butler and free agency.

Very informative.

http://hoopshype.com/2015/06/17/how-...er-in-chicago/

Comment

• Then there ya have it, no rights at all. I have a hard time seeing him turn down €2-2.5M for an end of bench role unless he really thinks he could crack a rotation.

Comment

• Will be a better bargain then Lou Williams that's for sure. I say sign him up for cheap, he could have had a rejuvenation in Europe and come back strong like Anthony Parker did.

Comment

• LOOL 2015 I know he's struggled but on a low salary contract replace Ross at the 3 and maybe he gets back to at least 50% 2008 him

Comment

• Is it wrong that I want Sonny Weems back for the sole reason that he will make next season's impending dysfunctional backcourt situation a more entertainingly dysfunctional one?

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                Why do we even call him Sonny Weems? His real name is Clarence
                And Clarence lives at home with both parents
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I wouldn't mind Weems on this team. He's been away long enough that you get the sense he's grown up a bit, much like a lot of guys who didn't quite have it until after they played overseas for a few years. Look at guys like PJ Tucker or Gerald Green, people who went over there and came back serviceable.

If we don't renew Lou Williams and we manage to find a taker for Terrence Ross, I don't see why not. I doubt it would take a lot of money to get Weems. Obviously there are better options out there but if you look at the way the assistant coaching situation has gone (ie: no one wants to coach here), I'm just saying that at the end of the FA period if we still don't have a decent backup guard/forward, why not?
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

• Continue to read reports that the Magic are unlikely to match a big offer to Harris.

Interesting tidbits.... Looking at most recent mock draft at DraftExpress, among players expected to be drafted, Harris is just:

....9 months older than Kaminsky
                    ....3 months older than Jerian Grant
                    ....3 months older than Anthony Brown
                    ....3 months YOUNGER than Delon Wright
                    ....5 months older than Jonathan Holmes
                    ....7 months YOUNGER than Rakeem Christmas
                    ....3 weeks YOUNGER than Joseph Young

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      Continue to read reports that the Magic are unlikely to match a big offer to Harris.

Interesting tidbits.... Looking at most recent mock draft at DraftExpress, among players expected to be drafted, Harris is just:

How big are you thinking? $13M per year? Max? I'm hesitant on Harris because the advanced stats don't really like him. He's young though and appears to be improving so I'm fine with signing him to something less than the max.

ORtg 107
                      DRtg 108
                      PER 16.7
                      WS/48 .098
                      VORP 1.0
                      RPM -2.52
                      WARP -0.25

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        How big are you thinking? $13M per year? Max? I'm hesitant on Harris because the advanced stats don't really like him. He's young though and appears to be improving so I'm fine with signing him to something less than the max.

ORtg 107
                        DRtg 108
                        PER 16.7
                        WS/48 .098
                        VORP 1.0
                        RPM -2.52
                        WARP -0.25

Not much difference between $13M and max... so whatever it takes.

This is a writeup from an advanced stats "guru" who is quite high on Harris:

http://www.basketballanalyticsbook.c...rrated-player/

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

ORtg 107
                          DRtg 108
                          PER 16.7
                          WS/48 .098
                          VORP 1.0
                          RPM -2.52
                          WARP -0.25
                          Yeah..... I'd rather go after Jae Crawford out of the RFA's, even though he's going to be harder to obtain than Harris....

Alas.... this whole FA class really doesn't have the piece we need, does it? At least, not under Casey.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Not much difference between $13M and max... so whatever it takes.

This is a writeup from an advanced stats "guru" who is quite high on Harris:

http://www.basketballanalyticsbook.c...rrated-player/
                            Hmm, ok I'm sold. Let's give a big offer to Harris. He does fit a need as our starting SF of the future. I'd rather have Harris than David Lee for a year and the 30th pick, so maybe we should hang on to that cap space.

Comment

• Apparently the above was sent to some media people and was done by a professional graphics company.

Read more about it here: http://orlandomagicdaily.com/2015/06...-agency-pitch/

I would bet it was Harris' agent who had this done.

The bottom left hand corner with "Magic is currently rebuilding through the draft. Preparing for their third straight year in the NBA lottery, it may not make sense to pay Tobias what he is worth when the team is not yet ready for playoff basketball."

Comment

Continue to read reports that the Magic are unlikely to match a big offer to Harris.

I hope the Knicks give him max. Then they would have Melo and a mini Melo for 40 mil, Calderon and add Greg Monroe at max.

Calderon
                                Tobias
                                Melo
                                Monroe

Win. 65 mil a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X