2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Thad Young: I personally really like him and would rather him than Amir-- but of course-- people disagree. What are your thoughts on him? If he opts-out would you offer him a deal? If so, how much?
    Last edited by BreakingBradStevens; Fri May 15, 2015, 09:16 AM.

treadmill move if he's going to be your starting 4.

Comment

I was watching Hawks/Nets. Don't like him.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Raptors #1 Offseason Priority

Sign Paul Pierce!! Masai can trade for him or something. Then the Raptors can make the playoffs and win a round next year and it will be great. See Casey's not the biggest problem, it's that Paul Pierce keeps getting in the way.

Comment

"win a round next year and it will be great"

Comment

Oh man, the playoff sweep crazies are in full affect!!!
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

When a guy named NeedTristanThompson makes a post that the number one priority is getting Paul Pierce, you can't help but feel for the poor soul, who has clearly lost his way.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Under Casey, we all know Pierce would be taking contested 3s while fading to his left and making them at a 20% clip while playing no defense at all.
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                  Under Casey, we all know Pierce would be taking contested 3s while fading to his left and making them at a 20% clip while playing no defense at all.
                  "That's a shot we normally make"

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Green or Middleton: pick one

A lot of people here have suggested that the Raps should pursue Khris Middleton and/or Draymond Green this summer. I'm not going to argue that either player would be a fine addition to the squad: they can both defend multiple positions, they can both shoot from range, and they both play at positions where they would be hefty upgrades for the Raptors.

However, one more thing they both are is restricted free agents. And in order to get an RFA, you have to overpay them. Look what happened last season when Charlotte went after Gordon Hayward: they signed an offer sheet for four years for 63 million, and Utah matched (wisely).

In essence, what this means is that if we want to snag Middleton or Green, we're likely going to have offer a max deal. (Middleton might go for slightly less, but not much less - maybe 13-14m/year gets it done.) But realistically, we will only have cap space enough for one of them.

So: pick one. We can afford to go after one of Middleton or Green. Which one would you pursue?

Comment

BOTH i pick both
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

green

Comment

Good question.

I love Green. Loved him at Michigan State. Love what he's done in Golden State. But my vote is Middleton.

A lot of similarities but ultimately Middleton is a better shooter, and is doing it without the benefit of Steph Curry and Klay Thompson helping him to get open looks.

I think Green's role allows him to get more rebounds, but don't think he is significantly a better rebounder (he is better though).

Green's defence is better, but I also think he has a lower ceiling. Green is likely reached his peak now, while I feel that Middleton will get better.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            BOTH i pick both
                            oo, lets get Kawhi and Aldridge as well then

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
                              oo, lets get Kawhi and Aldridge as well then
                              don't be unrealistic
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X