• Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post

DD ain't going anywhere.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      DD ain't going anywhere.
      How do you know that..? with masai you never know. In my opinion, no one is untouchable. And that's how it should be until we find a real SUPERSTAR to lead us to multiple final appearances and rings.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        DeMar guaranteed at 11.3 mill, and the ability to subsequently sign all existing free agents, is more valuable than KD sweepstakes, unless you've got a inside track through Drizzy or something. Also, that price is even below his cap hold, and could fairly easily be worked around to get to cap space. DD for 11.3 is a no-brainer.
        I'd still rather have the cap space personally. Once he's extended he can't be traded for about 12 months I believe.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          I'd still rather have the cap space personally. Once he's extended he can't be traded for about 12 months I believe.
          Sure, but others could be.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            I put little value in to things Masai says.

Based on post season interview, he was talking about Lou/6th man of the year as an asset to keep. He didn't even offer him a contract.

Masai is putting the issue to rest.

What his true intentions are are known by him and his front office posse and we are left to speculate based on payroll structure and previous interviews what those intentions might be.
            Both MU and DD are stand-up company guys and I don't expect any kind of Melodrama or "Decision" shenanigans. They'll say whatever they need to say to squash rumours and stay focused on the basketball court this year.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              Sure, but others could be.
              This conversation was had before, but yes.. it would be one of Carroll or KL or a combo of 2Pat/CoJo/someone else. And that would put the Raptors in a more difficult spot going forward (in my opinion).

Comment

• I'd be at the Clippers/Raptors game this sunday. If you hear someone heckling Jordan it'll be me lol.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Both MU and DD are stand-up company guys and I don't expect any kind of Melodrama or "Decision" shenanigans. They'll say whatever they need to say to squash rumours and stay focused on the basketball court this year.
                  It would be hilarious if DD has his own DeCision. He could get Rod Black to do the interview part.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I'd be at the Clippers/Raptors game this sunday. If you hear someone heckling Jordan it'll be me lol.
                    Man, I wish I was going. Should have gotten one of those solo $35 seats.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      This conversation was had before, but yes.. it would be one of Carroll or KL or a combo of 2Pat/CoJo/someone else. And that would put the Raptors in a more difficult spot going forward (in my opinion).
                      DeMar at 11.3 is what, 3.5 mill more than CoJo? Cmon, we're deep enough that these "more difficult spots" are not all that difficult.

Comment

It's not as clear as it first appeared to me. The interview is 10:00 long. At 6:10 the subject of extending DeMar comes up. Slightly paraphrased, he says:

"There has been some misunderstanding about what I've said about there being no talks during the season. It's not that, per se, we wouldn't like to have discussions with DeMar. It's that, given the CBA limitations on what we can extend him at, right now, it makes no sense to discuss it. He's been an all-star. He's worth more than that what we can offer him right now . If I could extend him right now [seeming to mean at the lower number possible now] I'd do it. But I expect DeMar to wait 'til the end of the season to get the best deal he can and I expect that we'll have discussions at the end of the season to see what makes sense for both sides."
                        Others might understand this differently. I don't think this makes it clear that Masai would give DeRozan "max money". But then very few would expect him to say so this far in advance. Not me, certainly.
                        Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Wed Sep 30, 2015, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• 4 days left. Sunday October 4th, Clippers vs Toronto @ 7pm. Mark your calendar folks.
                          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                            It's not as clear as it first appeared to me. The interview is 10:00 long. At 6:10 the subject of extending DeMar comes up. Slightly paraphrased, he says:

Others might understand this differently. I don't think this makes it clear that Masai will give DeRozan "max money". But then very few would expect him to say so this far in advance. Not me, certainly.
                            I think he's just saying the contract will reflect how valuable Derozan is at the end of the year. If anything it sounds like he doesn't think DD is worth max money yet.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              I think he's just saying the contract will reflect how valuable Derozan is at the end of the year. If anything it sounds like he doesn't think DD is worth max money yet.
                              Whether or not DeMar is "worth" max-money (often a subjective matter, even after the market has spoken, arguably) may be less relevant than how close management and key players feel the team is to truly contending ... and what it is thought management can do with money that certain players leave "on the table".

I'm hoping Demar will give us a discount (as JV seems to have ... maybe) not just because it will give us the impression he likes our city, country and franchise, but because it will signal - to everybody, including desirable free agents, that he feels this franchise is a good one with a bright future - and "close" enough to commit to in that way.

And I'd bet he will. And so I'm prepared to give him his "props" now. Cause I like him ... and I think that sort of thing helps. In a way, I think it's about the only positive thing a fan can do - besides watching the games and cheering.
                              Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Thu Oct 1, 2015, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• I don't trust anything regarding Masai and his office until it is publicly confirmed. No leaks, no hints. You never know what Masai will do. Saying he would extend DD doesn't matter.
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X