2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jangles wrote: View Post
    That makes sense. Unless Aldridge has some connections in Dallas, not sure why he leaves a better Portland team to go to a declining Dallas team.
    Well he was born in Dallas, so there's that...

plus no income tax and an owner who players should want to play for.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Well he was born in Dallas, so there's that...

plus no income tax and an owner who players should want to play for.
      Except San Antonio is apparently also interested, so most of that is a wash, plus, SA is a better team. Dallas has had an impossible time finding another star to take its money and I suspect Aldridge will be the same story.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        I think waiting a year would net him a higher return because the cap jump is ridiculous in the summer of 2016. But he's probably worried that his play will drop or he'll get injured and wants the safety net of a long term deal now.
        Is it though?
        Everything I've heard is all these good-to-very good players being rumoured to get $14M and $16M contracts this off-season because eventually the cap will rise. I think whether it's this year or next if Monta can get someone to pay him $12M+ he's laughing.

Comment

• heard Dallas are going to go hard after Danny Green. great fit.

have no idea if MU and co. even like Green but i'd love him on the raptors.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            heard Dallas are going to go hard after Danny Green. great fit.

have no idea if MU and co. even like Green but i'd love him on the raptors.
            I like his game but my concern with Green is whether he is simply a product of the Spurs system and playing with three hall of famers. He's not a shot creator or a playmaker, so you have to put him with guys who can get him the open shots he needs. Beyond Lowry, Toronto has no playmakers or shot creators (Derozan can do it the odd time when the spirit moves him) or guys you need to double-team, so I'm not sure if he'd find the shots in the offense.

On the guaranteed positive side, he'd be an absolutely massive upgrade defensively, which is a huge issue as well with this group.

Comment

• Kevin Love has opted out and will be a free agent. Could just be aiming for a deal to get him to 2016; could be leaving. We don't know. You know Boston and the Lakers will both come a-knocking.

David West has also opted out.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                I like his game but my concern with Green is whether he is simply a product of the Spurs system and playing with three hall of famers. He's not a shot creator or a playmaker, so you have to put him with guys who can get him the open shots he needs. Beyond Lowry, Toronto has no playmakers or shot creators (Derozan can do it the odd time when the spirit moves him) or guys you need to double-team, so I'm not sure if he'd find the shots in the offense.

On the guaranteed positive side, he'd be an absolutely massive upgrade defensively, which is a huge issue as well with this group.
                I think Green would be fantastic anywhere that let him do what he is good at, which is hitting 3's and defending. Why do we need a shot creator at the 2? I thought everyone wanted less ISO, not a return of the status quo. If you move the ball like Atlanta or the Spurs then no one needs to create their own shots.

Comment

• A natural suitor for soon-to-be free agent David West would be the Raptors. Looking to upgrade at the PF position, they will show interest.

Brett Poirier via twitter
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    A natural suitor for soon-to-be free agent David West would be the Raptors. Looking to upgrade at the PF position, they will show interest.

Brett Poirier via twitter
                    It reeks of a short-term, BC-esque move though... despite the concept being glaringly obvious.

I'd rather go with a youth movement and upgrade the starting PF spot with a much younger player, who can grow alongside JV and the rest of the revamped young core.

Comment

• West is no longer an upgrade.

Dude is old now.

His time to make a difference to a young team was 4 years ago

Comment

• Who is an upgrade ? People are shutting down trades and FA signing for SF and PF like we had an elite players in these position in the last 2 years.

Stars are not willing to come to this team that does not have a wining record.

Comment

• With the memphis trade for ridenour they may be a potential trade target for someone like ross if the raps wanted to. They need his shooting and may be willing to part ways with their first round pick for him. Essentially the raps turn ross into a rookie (anderson or wood) and cap space. Memphis doesnt have time to develop a rookie with the current age of their core and no rookie will shoot it better than ross will this year.

Sorry if someone else has mentioned this, i was too lazy to read previous posts lol

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                            Who is an upgrade ? People are shutting down trades and FA signing for SF and PF like we had an elite players in these position in the last 2 years.

Stars are not willing to come to this team that does not have a wining record.
                            Haven't we had a winning record the past 2 years?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              Haven't we had a winning record the past 2 years?
                              Making a correction just for you

"Stars are not willing to come to this team that does not have a wining record in the play offs."

Comment

• Holy shit guys we did it!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X