2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Washburn tweeted that the Magic intend to match any offer for Harris, which is what Hennigan has been saying all year long. Only way we land him is via trade imo, and I'd be fine with sending assets to get him.
    Oh, yeah, I should be clear. We don't have the cap room to sign him anyway. I was definitely talking about a sign and trade with Patterson and a pick going back their way.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Sign and trade PPat for Tobias Harris... cmonnn

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Oh, yeah, I should be clear. We don't have the cap room to sign him anyway. I was definitely talking about a sign and trade with Patterson and a pick going back their way.
        Clippers pick!

Comment

To retain Lou's Bird Rights, we have to keep his cap hold on the cap. If his cap hold is on the cap, we cannot sign Carroll. Its tight though - let's say we could just fit his cap hold into our cap space and sign Carroll. Then we still don't have cap room to sign any free agents because Lou's cap hold is in the way.

Long story short, no we cannot sign free agents and then go over the cap to sign Lou.
          Pretend I'm dumb (pretty easy to do).

If we're at $43.1mm right now (including Ridnour) and Lou is at $10.4mm caphold (190% times former salary)... that's $53.5. If the cap is at $69mm wouldn't we able to slot in Carroll and then go over the cap?

Comment

• my top choices for a pf now...

sullinger, bennet,

followed by unconventional

thad young/ jeff green.

Comment

• everyone wanting tobias...how is that gonna work.

hes to small to play pf too.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Pretend I'm dumb (pretty easy to do).

If we're at $43.1mm right now (including Ridnour) and Lou is at $10.4mm caphold (190% times former salary)... that's $53.5. If the cap is at $69mm wouldn't we able to slot in Carroll and then go over the cap?
                Yeah that's what it looks like to me... might be missing something though.

Even if the cap is at $67, then waiving ridnour's $2.75 would be enough to cover the difference no?
                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                  everyone wanting tobias...how is that gonna work.

hes to small to play pf too.
                  And PPat +1 for Tobias Harris reeks of a BC move, and may not even work out
                  A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                    Sign and trade PPat for Tobias Harris... cmonnn
                    Harris is Rudy Gay 2.0. No thanks.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• So Lowry retweeted some "loyalty is everything" tweet and changed his profile to generic.

Interesting.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

With Houston out of the running for LMA, I doubt they move Jones unless there's a lot coming back. Maybe Ross plus two draft picks or something.
                        I don't think it'd take that much. TJones is Houstons Terrence Ross from what I gather (both need a change of scenery). Besides, they have lots of depth at PF with Capela and Montijunas (or however you spell it). They could use another shooter off the bench so Ross could provide that to them.
                        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                        Because its 2015

Comment

• I hope their is an HBO equivalent of Hard Knocks or the Leadup to the Winter Classic with the subject being the Sacramento Kings.

They just brought in Rajon Rondo and he is going to share the locker room with Boogie Cousins.
                          What could possibly go wrong ? What are the odds of
                          A) a fistt fight in the parking lot on the 2nd day of training camp. or
                          B) Maybe a redux of the Gilbert Arenas and guns in the locker room of Wizards lore?

Just when you think that even a trained chimp could do a better job running the Kings .. they add the combustible Rondo .. This after they contemplate welching on a deal that is so foolish that even the press is asking if they have anyone on staff who knows the rules at their disposal (they could have waived and stretched Landry/Thompson to clear virtually the same cap space) WITHOUT trading Stauskas and pick swaps....

This is an organization that makes the 80's Clippers look smart. So if your down on the Raps... Think Sacto...
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Tobias signed by magic

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              So Lowry retweeted some "loyalty is everything" tweet and changed his profile to generic.

Interesting.
                              Generic as in a pic of him and his son with his son wearing a leafs hat?
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

• Toby is a Magic

Comment

Working...
                                X