No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "According to ESPN's Mark Stein, Lowry and Jonas Valanciunas are untouchable for trades. Amir Johnson, Tyler Hansbrough, Chuck Hayes, Landry Fields and Louis Williams will all be unrestricted free agents. The roster is changing and trading DeRozan now while his stock is still high could be what gets the Raptors a star player they desperately need. The Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers, Chicago Bulls and New York Knicks could all be options to acquire the shooting guard depending on other free agency moves. DeRozan will not come cheap to any team and likely would be explored as a Plan B option."

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/art...nt-options.htm

Comment

• Ujiri also could swing a deal involving part of his core. Whispers continue to circulate that DeMar DeRozan’s camp will be after the new mid-max (a whopping $25.3 million) a year from now and there is no way the Raptors will be comfortable footing that bid.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/06/26...nd-this-summer

Found it.....

Matt Moore on CBSSports.com is talking about it too:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...-demar-derozan

Sadly, he included this:

But he sells it as promise.

Then you have this:

DeRozan's defense is also top notch; he was really the only quality defender on Toronto last season. DeRozan would be a great value pick up for a team that needs a wing to put them over the top, even if it would cost them a significant amount. Getting teams willing to take on that salary will be tricky, but with the coming cap increase in 2016, that number drops significantly. If it doesn't work out, you can fashion a sign-and-trade.

The Raptors have targeted LaMarcus Aldridge in free agency and look to be very active after that disastrous sweep to the Wizards. Ujiri wants to put his mark on this team. Moving DeRozan could be the start of an evolutionary shift for the Raptors.
      If Raps get Aldridge, I really think you need to see what DD can fetch you.... but then again I think that even if they don't get Aldridge - lol.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Found it.....

Matt Moore on CBSSports.com is talking about it too:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...-demar-derozan

Sadly, he included this:

But he sells it as promise.

Then you have this:

If Raps get Aldridge, I really think you need to see what DD can fetch you.... but then again I think that even if they don't get Aldridge - lol.
        Derozan's defense is top notch? the fuck?

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post

Lakers are not into him as much anymore given their young core and his age.
          Do you just make stuff up and spout it as fact?

The Lakers will of course want him. They don't give a shit about their "core", they could sign whoever they want to and whenever they want
          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
            If we do sign Aldridge, who else can we sign? Are bench will get much weaker.
            Who cares we will sitll have the MLE we also can bring back de colo, We have JJ, 2Pat. We really dont need a whole bunch more. It also depends on how much we sign him for. We coudl still have 5 million left over. Or we could have as much as 8. Wec ould take a run at danny green or possible demarre carol

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
              San Antonio could probably clear enough space. They have no tax also. They need to re-sign a bunch of guys, so it depends on how much money does Danny Green command, how much of a discount their older star guys will give them this time.

It's feasible. I love his fit there, I think it's the best situation of him. IF they could somehow add LaMarcus without moving Splitter, I think that LaMarcus / Splitter combo would be fun to watch defensively, since they both can defend both real big men and various stretch 4s and tweeners. The most defensively versatile big men combo in the league. Imagine what Pops could do with that. Plus Duncan in the rotation too. Plus Kawhi and Danny Green, capable of guarding multiple positions. They could kill small ball teams both offensively and defensively. They could be GSW antidote with that.

My second option if I'm LaMarcus would be Toronto, because it's an easier conference, overall young-ish team. And there's no real downside if he's doing a 1+1 year deal. If Toronto doesn't work out for him, he can go form the new big 3 with Durant or whatever next year in some place.
              Duncan needs cash though. He lost 20 million apparently. He won't take a massive discount past what he has already had to. And he deserves that money cause he still plays 70+ games at a top tier level.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                Who cares we will sitll have the MLE we also can bring back de colo, We have JJ, 2Pat. We really dont need a whole bunch more. It also depends on how much we sign him for. We coudl still have 5 million left over. Or we could have as much as 8. Wec ould take a run at danny green or possible demarre carol
                Also it would only be tight for one season with good cap space/choices next summer (assuming no other changes now).
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Remember when dd was named the key to the raps defense because his offense slowed the game down and he got to the line? Lol

Comment

• Could sell Dorrell Wright on coming here to play with his bro. A few of us have liked him for a while.

He's coming off injury tho, hope he's 100%
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• This the exactly type of move I thought Masai was going to make. So much for ppl saying that MU wouldn't be able to improve this team without trading DD/KLow.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Wait did that article really call DD a lockdown defender?
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Every team cap space http://www.basketballinsiders.com/20...alary-summary/

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                            Do you just make stuff up and spout it as fact?

The Lakers will of course want him. They don't give a shit about their "core", they could sign whoever they want to and whenever they want
                            You have no idea what you are talking about. Listen to ESPN 710 LA and then come here and make a comment on Lakers.

Comment

• No interest in Aldridge.

Would rather move DD for Vonleh, swap Lowry for Stauskas+McLemore and finally get the tank rolling in TDot. 3 years from now Vonleh becomes Love/Bosh with Ibaka-like defense, Stauskas becomes Klay, JV becomes Marc Gasol and McLemore becomes a shorter Paul George. See Wright developing into a middle-class man's John Wall with his size, athleticism and defensive savvy.

Wall
                              Klay
                              George
                              Love (with D)
                              Gasol

Would way rather have that than throwing all my money at LMA just to get to the 2nd round.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                A Team USA Demar would have potential with a new coach, but I'll believe it when I see it with Casey. Of all the DeMar's we've seen, that one is definitely my fave.
                                You mean the one that played against inferior competitions benches?

Ya, that one is a fallacy

Comment

Working...
                                X