2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    No way a professional basketball player "just worked". He worked all year over 86 games plus practices.

Definitely made a change in his diet..... definitely.

Just eating natural, real food can make an incredible difference. I dropped 30lbs last year just by cutting back on sugar (I have brutal sweet tooth), cutting processed foods, and cutting bread.
    Avoided talking diet and pilates, understandable I suppose.

Comment

• No more pancakes for Mr. Lowry!
      OG is our king

Comment

• So, I know there was some interest in Sullinger here in the past (including in this thread when it started). Homey needed an intervention to get his fitness game tight. That can't be good.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/c...out_his_weight
        Everything changed for Jared Sullinger on one afternoon last May.

His agent, David Falk, called him unexpectedly, and told Sullinger he’d be flying to his hometown of Columbus, Ohio.

Falk wanted to meet with his client.

They set up a meeting, but Sullinger missed it because “something popped up.”

When the Celtics forward arrived at his apartment later that afternoon, he was greeted by his agent, his family, and a man he’d never met, John Lucas II.

It was an intervention, but an unconventional one. It was regarding his fitness.

Sullinger’s weight has been a talking point since the Celtics drafted him three years ago, and it came to a head last season when he reportedly tipped the scales at 300 pounds. The C’s want to see their 6-foot-9 forward around 260.

For Sullinger to stay in green, something had to change. His family and Lucas saw that.
        That can't be good. We make fun of AB, but he at least had an excuse and diets don't work. This might become a reoccurring issue for him.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          So, I know there was some interest in Sullinger here in the past (including in this thread when it started). Homey needed an intervention to get his fitness game tight. That can't be good.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/c...out_his_weight

That can't be good. We make fun of AB, but he at least had an excuse and diets don't work. This might become a reoccurring issue for him.
          The weight thing is extra scary with Sullinger, since he was flagged for back issues pre-draft as well. Being overweight while having some sort of structural issue with your back just sounds like a recipe for disaster. Bennett at least (I don't think) has had such flags, and also hasn't really had ample opportunity or a good situation to get his shit together. Sullinger has been given tons of opportunity and stability in Boston, so if he slips again after this intervention, that's gotta be a huge concern. Like, Michael Sweetney type concern.

Comment

• Interviews from Raps media day

Hoops podcast: http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/hoops...ptember-28.mp3

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              Coach Pop... doesn't really fit here, but it's Coach Pop

Now that's funny.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

I'd gladly give him his max extension too. $11.3M would be great value.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• 4 days to go ..

Comment

• I'll have to listen to the TSN broadcast tonight when I have some spare time. But I'd assume he means he'd extend DD's current contract and not give him $20M+. But even then I'd be surprised as it would eat into the KD sweepstakes.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I'll have to listen to the TSN broadcast tonight when I have some spare time. But I'd assume he means he'd extend DD's current contract and not give him $20M+. But even then I'd be surprised as it would eat into the KD sweepstakes.
                        I put little value in to things Masai says.

Based on post season interview, he was talking about Lou/6th man of the year as an asset to keep. He didn't even offer him a contract.

Masai is putting the issue to rest.

What his true intentions are are known by him and his front office posse and we are left to speculate based on payroll structure and previous interviews what those intentions might be.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          I put little value in to things Masai says.

Based on post season interview, he was talking about Lou/6th man of the year as an asset to keep. He didn't even offer him a contract.

Masai is putting the issue to rest.

What his true intentions are are known by him and his front office posse and we are left to speculate based on payroll structure and previous interviews what those intentions might be.
                          Unlike BC there are no leaks.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            I'll have to listen to the TSN broadcast tonight when I have some spare time. But I'd assume he means he'd extend DD's current contract and not give him $20M+. But even then I'd be surprised as it would eat into the KD sweepstakes.
                            DeMar guaranteed at 11.3 mill, and the ability to subsequently sign all existing free agents, is more valuable than KD sweepstakes, unless you've got a inside track through Drizzy or something. Also, that price is even below his cap hold, and could fairly easily be worked around to get to cap space. DD for 11.3 is a no-brainer.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              DeMar guaranteed at 11.3 mill, and the ability to subsequently sign all existing free agents, is more valuable than KD sweepstakes, unless you've got a inside track through Drizzy or something. Also, that price is even below his cap hold, and could fairly easily be worked around to get to cap space. DD for 11.3 is a no-brainer.
                              yeah, obviously but that conversation is a non-starter so this is a moot point.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                yeah, obviously but that conversation is a non-starter so this is a moot point.
                                Right, but that's the whole point here. We always knew that DeMar couldn't be extended.

Comment

Working...
                                X