No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Harris's defence ? Is he a good defender ?
    Last edited by McRealistic; Fri Jul 3, 2015, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• "ESPN sources say Wizards pushing hard to land David West. Would be nice rally to get both Jared Dudley and D-West after losing Paul Pierce"

I hope this does not happen. They were already much better than us in rebounding. MU needs to get an elite PF ASAP.

Comment

• Fuck I hope Wiz don't get D West. With Carroll/West in our frontcourt we one of the toughest teams in the league.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• West has really fallen off the past couple years. i want nothing to do with him.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            West has really fallen off the past couple years. i want nothing to do with him.
            West coming off the bench for 10-15 is not too bad ...

Comment

• Wiz have the right idea. Put vets around your young core. That's how you win games in the playoffs. With the signing of Carroll I hope that's the direction Masai is going as well.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• West would be good for JV who can sometimes be too soft for a C. Still wonder if Hayes is coming back

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  MCW starts over Vasquez, I think, and Jabari plays stretch 4 against smaller lineups, but yeah that is a ton of young talent stacked over there. They might make some noise in the playoffs if Monroe can mesh/play good D.
                  You could be right. I forgot they have MCW. I think they could use a 3pt shooter at PG, because they get very little of it from their 3 and 4 positions, but maybe MCW does start.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Fuck I hope Wiz don't get D West. With Carroll/West in our frontcourt we one of the toughest teams in the league.
                    David West put up very similar numbers to Amir last year. Basically West got 2 more AST per 36 and Amir was a much more efficient shooter. Otherwise - per 36's are nearly identical, both guys are tough players (although West knocks around the opponent more), and both guys are aging and losing their health. West only played 66 games last year, the second time he's done that in the past four years. He'll be 35 in August.

If the Raptors give David West a 4 year deal, I give up.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...3=&p4=&p5=&p6=
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                      "ESPN sources say Wizards pushing hard to land David West. Would be nice rally to get both Jared Dudley and D-West after losing Paul Pierce"

I hope this does not happen. They were already much better than us in rebounding. MU needs to get an elite PF ASAP.
                      It would be weird if West left all that money in Indiana 'to play for a contender' and ended up on the Wizards.

Comment

How is Harris's defence ? Is he a good defender ?
                        Not really, he's too slow to guard most 3s and too weak / soft at 4. Also, he's not a high energy guy on defense. Even lazy, for most of his career.

With Carroll on the team, I think that Carroll-Harris forward combo could work ok.

But I still wouldn't want the team to risk max on him.

Comment

• Also I wouldn't worry about West landing with the Wiz, he's not moving the needle beyond what Nene and Gortat are already able to give them. Wall staying healthy, Beal and Porter Jr. developing, and replacing Pierce are much more important issues for Washington. They were a lot better with Pierce at the 4 than with two bigs (what they'd be back to with West).
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                            Not really, he's too slow to guard most 3s and too weak / soft at 4. Also, he's not a high energy guy on defense. Even lazy, for most of his career.

With Carroll on the team, I think that Carroll-Harris forward combo could work ok.

But I still wouldn't want the team to risk max on him.
                            That makes me very worried.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                              I disagree. As you said we're only just getting started, lots of time left in the offseason but I think we're in a better place this year than we were this time last year.
                              Yet you started a "Rank the Off-season" thread 2 days ago....
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

How is Harris's defence ? Is he a good defender ?
                                He doesnt pass much and he doesnt try on defense. People like him because he is a good scorer who appears to have a pretty good three point jumpshot. Because he is just like 22 people think that with the proper coaching to motivate him to develop good habbits in terms of passing and defense he will be a great player. My biggest concern is that the raps have a stagnant offense and a shity defense

Comment

Working...
                                X