Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big boi wrote: View Post
    Ross does not have the handle necessary to operate effectively as a 2
    And T Jones does not have a good 3pt shot. I guess that makes it fair from both sides.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      do we have enough 3 point shooting without Ross? It'll be just Lowry, Carroll and Patterson.
      we also got bruno... just saying but yeah we have enough demar will shoot the three at a 34% clip next year book it.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Now hoping for a JJ/Ross/BeBe for Faried deal, no picks (two first round rookie scale guys in there). Then a Dorell Wright and Chuck Hayes minimum deal to round out the roster.
        New Orleans fans think Anderson could be on the block, and he only makes $8.5mm this year. They're also looking for help on the wing, so maybe we could work a JJ+stuff deal to land him. If my math is correct, depending on how the Carroll/Joseph deals are structured, and where the cap comes in, we might be able to do JJ/Ridnour+sweeteners to make it work.

If Masai could pull that off I think a group that looks like this:

Lowry/CoJo
        DD/TRoss
        Carroll/Bruno
        Ryno/Patman (Patman/Ryno?)
        Val/Bismack

Has a lot going for it. Shooting, versatility, defense... Guess we'll have to see what MU has in store.

Comment

• I
          Scraptor wrote: View Post
          New Orleans fans think Anderson could be on the block, and he only makes $8.5mm this year. They're also looking for help on the wing, so maybe we could work a JJ+stuff deal to land him. If my math is correct, depending on how the Carroll/Joseph deals are structured, and where the cap comes in, we might be able to do JJ/Ridnour+sweeteners to make it work.

Lowry/CoJo
          DD/TRoss
          Carroll/Bruno
          Val/Bismack

Has a lot going for it. Shooting, versatility, defense... Guess we'll have to see what MU has in store.
          Would love that lineup.

Comment

• For DanH is there any viable scenario we could flip TRoss into Ryan Anderson cap wise WITHOUT giving up JJ?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
              For DanH is there any viable scenario we could flip TRoss into Ryan Anderson cap wise WITHOUT giving up JJ?
              Sign and trade 'Bro with Ross.

Comment

• Why the hesitancy to give up JJ? Casey proved he won't play him when there were no other defensive options. Now we have other defensive options, how on earth does he get off the bench?
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Lowry/CoJo
                  DD/TRoss
                  Carroll/Bruno
                  Val/Bismack

Only way we have enough cap room to absorb the difference in that deal is if we waive Ridnour first (and that's in the best case scenario). It would have to be a Ross/JJ deal. Or a Ross/BeBe.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                    Yeah Houston is packed with PFs:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston_rockets/

Montiejunas around 3 mill per
                    Jones -- averages about the same as Montiejunas
                    Capela -- 1.5 ish average
                    and Dorsey (no interest)

All on cheap contracts. Also, their last starting PF, is he signed anywhere yet? You have to think Josh Smith is heading back there.

Those are very get-able contracts.
                    They also picked up Harrell (second round) and Christian Wood (undrafted) from the draft. That's 6 PFs (7 if they bring back Josh Smith).
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                      Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2m2 minutes ago
                      ESPN sources say newly unrestricted free agent Cory Joseph is closing in on a deal with the Toronto Raptors
                      If all the Canadians came home the Raptors would have a pretty good team.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• We need to get at least one PF from the rockets, TRoss, Ridnour, 2017LAC for TJones and Montrezl Harrell

Comment

• I keep running through scenarios in my head.

Joseph/Ross/Bruno/Johnson/Biyombo could be an effective bench unit

keep in mind Bruno would be limited to ten minutes performance based.

Perhaps DeAndre Daniels is ready to commit a few minutes here and there

I know we aren't done, but we will be gutting our wing depth if we trade for a PF
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Andrew Nicholson is a free agent I believe could be backup PF if we start 2pat
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              Andrew Nicholson is a free agent I believe could be backup PF if we start 2pat
                              He's a RFA next year with Harkless and neither will get a QO. Neither will get playing time this season. If Reapotors have space they could both be sent down with Bruno to d-league but might be better just to wait for UFA

Comment

• I would love to Mirza Teletovic here. That guy can shoot the ever loving shit out of the ball...again as backup though

Comment

Working...
                                X