2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Re wes going to the mavs: i was in a tweet (done or retweeted by woj/stein/lowe) that said the mavs only offered like 13 mill. This is obviously less than the 15 mill he wants. Dunno what the raps offered but i imagine they are also waiting until on what lma decides before commiting the 15 mill. I dont think the kings have enough for rondo and wes/monte atm so they would need to make more deals as well. would post the tweet but im on mobile.
    For clarification i say woj/stein/lowe tweeted that because im to lazy to see who exactly it was. They all are pretty reliable tho

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
      I'm shocked anyone would want to go to Sac. They're such a mess.
      True, but George Karl is an excellent coach. He has been around a long time and should be able to sort things out.

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
        True, but George Karl is an excellent coach. He has been around a long time and should be able to sort things out.
        Again, that's assuming his ass is not out the door in the next few days...

Comment

• there are report Kings want to find some way to get out of their contract with Karl and he hasnt even coached a preseason game. now they are bringing in coach killer Rondo to play with coach killer Cousins

Comment

• Love all the certainty in here. Who the hell knows what's going to happen in the next year plus. Not any of us.

So many more dominoes to fall this offseason, let alone dealing with DeMar's last year of his current contract. What we do know is the current talent on this roster is nowhere near good enough to topple Lebron/Irving/Love, let alone also top the best teams in the West.

One tweet at one point quoted/referenced Masai as striving to be competitive now and build for the future at the same time. I hope he's not sacrificing too much of the latter for the sake of the former.

And for all you guys who talked about needing to build winning cultures to attract FA's...Atlanta is having a hell of a time keeping their guys together, aren't they? If only it were as simple as "if you win, they will come." Any good to great NBA player thinks he'll bring the success with him when he goes to a new team. That's why some of these crappy teams are getting sit-downs with star FA's. Sometimes a guy wants to go to a winning situation and be some Batman's Robin, but a lot of these guys think they're Batman.

Random thoughts!
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              there are report Kings want to find some way to get out of their contract with Karl and he hasnt even coached a preseason game. now they are bringing in coach killer Rondo to play with coach killer Cousins
              LOL Sacramento is such a joke of a franchise right next to the 76ers. Of course they would do business with each other haha

Comment

• And so caps the first 24 hours of one crazy free agent day? This should power us through eons of lame trade deadlines. And there's an odd feeling it's just getting started.

Comment

• I thought Kings line up would be this:

Rondo
                  Ellis
                  Gay
                  Cousins
                  TRILL WCS

To me this could go really well or really bad but who knows
                  #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                    I thought Kings line up would be this:

Rondo
                    Ellis
                    Gay
                    Cousins
                    TRILL WCS

To me this could go really well or really bad but who knows
                    Umm you know there's only 1 basketball?
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• So for the people who what Nik. It literally looks like we could have just asked for him and a pick for nothing.

That's hilarious.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        Umm you know there's only 1 basketball?
                        You should be asking that question to Rondo if he signs in the coach killer supreme they got going on there

Comment

Just realized Rondo - Gay - Cousins coached by Karl. Nothing works on any level. They are almost perfectly diametrically opposed
                          can we get their draft pick??

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                            So for the people who what Nik. It literally looks like we could have just asked for him and a pick for nothing.

That's hilarious.
                            No we can't. Not unless you want to absorb Landry and Thompson's contract. That's $6,431,250 from Thompson and $6,750,000 from Landry. That's $12 million + in salary you have to absorb for a year before they become expirings. The only reason why they traded Nik and a pick for nothing is to dump those two salaries to sign Rondo and Ellis/Matthews. Not worth it for a team like us that's looking to compete. Fine for a shit team like 76ers looking to tank...

Comment

• I just want Wes Matthews cause of his dope ass 3pt celebration, BREAK OUT THE BOW AND ARROW BOYS!

Comment

yup only solution - make him untradeable for the next half-decade
                                Love at 5/110 is going to be a major trade asset. 22 mil a year under incoming cap, that's going to be like 15 mil a year under current cap.

Comment

Working...
                                X