Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davis to the blazers for 7 million a year

Comment

• Lots of shooters around Drummond now. Jackson a way better pg than jameer ever was. Detroit is in the playoffs next year

Comment

• Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
        We cant even if we tried, we can only offer him 12 million.
        Sign and trade, same way we would be gone after LMA.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
          Robin Lopez to the Knicks "in principle" because the deal is basically "if the Knicks get DeAndre Jordan, then Lopez looks elsewhere, but otherwise the Knicks sign Lopez."
          nice move by the knicks. i'd argue it's better than giving monroe the max - in their situation anyways.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            Detroit grabbed a Morris twin? Nice off season of grabbing good players from teams looking to shed salary
            Nah, they got the less-good one. Marcus Morris tops out at "an acceptable bench guard."

Comment

• I think Masai will get a Vet for that PF position.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
                DeMarre's contract is tradable, why would we doom ourselves?

The guy hasn't even put his name on the paper and ppl want him gone already. U guys haven't seen him play,u will fall in love this kid, his an old school basketball player, by the end of the first season he will b everyone's favorite raptor player,guarantee..
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Wes Mathews just signed with Dallas.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I except a Masai counter move by noon
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Yup just got a score alert on my phone. 4 years/$64M with the Mavs

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Wes Mathews just signed with Dallas.
                        U have the link,confirming the signing 2 Dallas. Sacramento Kings offered 4 years at 64 million.

P.S

Kings fans are outraged...lol..

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          Yup just got a score alert on my phone. 4 years/$64M with the Mavs
                          You sure about those numbers?

David Aldridge

@daldridgetnt

Wes Matthews has agreed in principle with the Mavericks on a four-year deal, per source. Turned down huge offer from Sacramento.

EDIT:
                          Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine |10m10 minutes ago| DA (@daldridgetnt) says it's a four-year deal. ESPN sources say specific $$$ won't be known until after Mavs' pursuits of Jordan & Aldridge
                          Last edited by Scraptor; Fri Jul 3, 2015, 01:08 AM.

Comment

• So, after two days of free agency, our 2015 team thus far looks like

PG: Kyle Lowry / DeLon Wright / Luke Ridnour
                            SG: DeMar DeRozan / Terrence Ross
                            SF: DeMarre Carroll / James Johnson / Bruno Caboclo
                            PF: Patrick Patterson
                            C: Jonas Valanciunas, Bebe Noguiera

Notes:

- LMA seems unlikely to sign with us at this point, but the fact that Masai hasn't pulled out of the running yet and started looking for other options (a la the Knicks) suggests that he still thinks the Raps have a shot.

- Wes Matthews also seems unlikely to sign with us as part of a Golden State East smallball scheme; it appears that Sacramento will either offer him too much money or Dallas will come closer to matching than we will. (I am fine with this, personally. I think rolling the dice on Matthews post-Achilles tear is very risky and $15m per year is too much - rising cap or no.) EDIT: He just signed with Dallas.

- Ridnour seems extremely unlikely to be on this team on opening day and will either be traded or released. Ross and Johnson are probably our likeliest "small" trade bait.

- The leading contenders for Aldridge's services are San Antonio, Dallas and Phoenix. If Aldridge signs with San Antonio, it seems likely we can snag Cory Joseph away from the Spurs. If Aldridge signs with Phoenix, we may be able to get PJ Tucker or Markieff Morris or both. Tucker would be a fine bench SG and Morris is one of those PFs who's sort of a starter and sort of almost not quite a starter. If he signs with Dallas there's no real opportunities because Dallas doesn't need to shed salary nearly as badly. (Miami and Houston will both have to gut their teams to make room for Aldridge and it seems impossible for them to sign him.)

- In free agency, our best remaining options for a starting power forward are Tobias Harris, Jordan Hill, Brandon Bass, and Kyle O'Quinn. Of these, only Hill and O'Quinn project to be decent starting power forwards; Harris is a tweener who can score well but an indifferent defender at best, and Bass is stunningly average and would be a bench guy anywhere better than Boston. Neither Hill nor O'Quinn have gotten serious starter minutes with their previous teams.

- I would add that I strongly expect Dorell Wright to join this team sooner rather than later; as a bench wing he fits our team reasonably well, given that he's in many ways your prototypical 3-and-D wing. He's a good defensive rebounder, a solid (if unexceptional) perimeter defender, and a good three-shooter who doesn't give up many turnovers or commit dumb fouls, and that's what you need a bench wing to do these days. And of course we just drafted his little brother. I suspect our MLE exception is earmarked for him and that's just fine.

Comment

• Honestly I'm kinda glad he didn't sign with raps,good player not an all star,but u can use that money 2 get someone better,maybe in a trade.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                You sure about those numbers?

David Aldridge

@daldridgetnt

Wes Matthews has agreed in principle with the Mavericks on a four-year deal, per source. Turned down huge offer from Sacramento.
                                Oops nevermind. He turned down 4 years/ 64M, dunno what the Mavs landed him for

Comment

Working...
                                X