• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors need a secondary threat!
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Read the whole article. There is improvements that every player has to make.

They are playmakers but when your getting doubled and make the right basket play by passing to the open player and player X cant do anything. What than?
      Too bad they never passed to the open player, instead opting to take a really bad contested shot.

If they pass out to the open guy, then that guy would get a high percentage shot without having to create anything for themselves. I can't count how many times I saw DD go for a fade away jumper with two players in his face instead of passing to a wide open JV under the basket.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        Too bad they never passed to the open player, instead opting to take a really bad contested shot.

If they pass out to the open guy, then that guy would get a high percentage shot without having to create anything for themselves. I can't count how many times I saw DD go for a fade away jumper with two players in his face instead of passing to a wide open JV under the basket.
        Yeah, I got real tired by the stupidity of that narrative. Had a post a few weeks ago showing how the "other guys" didn't really see any real increase in shots or usage. So yeah, DeMar, Kyle, Lou and Greivis getting double/triple teamed basically just meant them settling for worse shots. Our "secondary" guys were barely given the chance to be complementary scorers, nevermind actually getting the ball more and having to make plays.

Comment

Demar averaged 5.8 assist in the playoffs. If JV was open by himself I'm DD would of found him.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Demar averaged 5.8 assist in the playoffs. If JV was open by himself I'm DD would of found him.
            Could you please pick a smaller sample size, this one is way too large.

Comment

• not sure if it was posted but the free agent camp roster was released. featuring Mike James!! (not THAT mike james)

Olu Ashaolu F 6-7 Oregon/Canada Hamamatsu Higashimikawa Phoenix (Japan)
              Jordan Bachynski C 7-2 Arizona State/Canada Westchester (NBA D-League)
              Khem Birch F 6-9 UNLV/Canada Sioux Falls (NBA D-League)
              Ryan Broekhoff G 6-7 Valparaiso/Australia Besiktas Integral Forex (Turkey)
              Aaron Craft G 6-2 Ohio State/USA Santa Cruz (NBA D-League)
              Drew Crawford G 6-5 Northwestern/USA Erie (NBA D-League)
              DeAndre Daniels F 6-9 Connecticut/USA Perth (Australia)
              Michael Eric F 6-10 Temple/Nigeria Enel Brindisi (Italy)
              Joe Jackson G 6-1 Memphis/USA Bakersfield (NBA D-League)
              Mike James G 6-1 Lamar/USA Laboral Kutxa (Spain)
              Tony Mitchell F 6-6 Alabama/USA Aquila Basket Trento (Italy)
              Toure' Murry G 6-5 Wichita State/USA Washington Wizards (NBA)
              Ronald Roberts F 6-8 Saint Joseph's/USA Santa Cruz (NBA D-League)
              LaQuinton Ross F 6-8 Ohio State/USA Vuelle Basket Pesaro (Italy)
              Phil Scrubb G 6-3 Carleton/Canada Carleton (CIS)
              Thomas Scrubb F 6-5 Carleton/Canada Carleton (CIS)
              Roscoe Smith F 6-8 UNLV/USA Los Angeles (NBA D-League)
              Gary Talton G 6-1 Illinois-Chicago/USA Fort Wayne (NBA D-League)
              Tyrus Thomas F 6-10 LSU/USA Iowa (NBA D-League)
              Jeremy Tyler C 6-10 San Diego High School/USA Shanxi Zhongyu (China)
              Mitchell Watt F 6-10 Buffalo/USA Ironi Nes Ziona (Israel)

whats the deal with Daniels being in it? is he not actually on the team? we just have the rights kinda deal?

anyways. Tony Mitchell is interesting.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                not sure if it was posted but the free agent camp roster was released. featuring Mike James!! (not THAT mike james)

whats the deal with Daniels being in it? is he not actually on the team? we just have the rights kinda deal?

Excited to see so many Canadians, it's like an unofficial camp for Team Canada. Daniels is there because he doesn't have an NBA contract yet and this is the best place to convince the Raptors to give him one. It's absolutely the norm for 2nd round picks who play abroad or in DLeague to be at the free agent camps for the teams who drafted them.

Comment

not sure if it was posted but the free agent camp roster was released. featuring Mike James!! (not THAT mike james)

Thanks for this.

Don't know if I've ever seen a free agent camp roster...but this looks like a long list. Like they want to have a lot of guys in, maybe because they know the D-League team will be up and running next season? I hope so.

Comment

Interesting group indeed.

Comment

• they're typically pretty big rosters
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• looks like there are a couple scrubb's on that list though

Comment

Great read by William Lou

It’s also easy for opponents to shut down Toronto’s guards because the rest of the players aren’t playmakers. Jonas Valanciunas can score around the basket, but he’s not creating anything on his own. Amir Johnson is a clever player — especially in the pick-and-roll — but is ultimately not a threat to explode for a 30-point night. And the wing is usually occupied by Terrence Ross, whose only reliable skill is spot-up shooting. Therefore, it’s easy for opponents to liberally double guards. If they pass, there’s not much of a secondary threat.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2015/...tball-in-mind/
                          It's cool that he went to all that trouble, but if you're talking about keeping this core intact and seeing more playoff success, then it really comes down to two things:

- Better perimeter d.

- A starting PF who isn't chronically injured.

And of course, Lowry has to be healthy.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Could you please pick a smaller sample size, this one is way too large.
                            I thought we were talking about playoffs. Raptors offense had no problem scoring during the season.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I thought we were talking about playoffs. Raptors offense had no problem scoring during the season.
                              I don't mean for this to sound like an attack on you but I think I've seen this a few times now.

Are people REALLY still using that argument? I mean, I got it during the season but using it still? Despite the fact that all the flaws and issues that people were pointing out about it being found out to be more than true in the actual playoffs?
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                                I don't mean for this to sound like an attack on you but I think I've seen this a few times now.

Are people REALLY still using that argument? I mean, I got it during the season but using it still? Despite the fact that all the flaws and issues that people were pointing out about it being found out to be more than true in the actual playoffs?
                                Its a fact though during the season raptors scored very well. Its different in the playoffs. In the playoffs your best players have to step up or you have to be really good on D. Our best player wasn't at 100 and are D continued to be bad.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X