No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have to think T Jones is still available, especially after they drafted Harrell. Don't they want a ball handler/shooter? Lou s&t?
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I'd still try and get Joseph if you can. Good defender, can play off the ball. Pretty versatile.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Well, never mind then. So, do we go after Joseph? Is he even available? What do we do for PF?
        We pray for deliverance by the Messiah aka Masai.

Dude's gonna have to conjure up some serious hocus pocus to get our roster ready to go for the season. As it stands we aren't really any better than last year.

Comment

• Raptors still need a PF. Lets see how things go now that Aldridge has made his decision. Things will be rolling much faster now
          I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
          -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• da fuk is this guy
            Last edited by yabadabayolo; Sat Jul 4, 2015, 12:35 PM.
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• The real free agency is about to begin… lets go Masai, get busy
              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Without saving our cap space for anything else like helping Suns clear space, it now opens up greater chances to sign and trade Lou.
                http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Tyler Hansbrough go go go

Comment

• I_Worship_Joe_Johnson wrote: View Post

da fuk is this guy
                    If I don't see the name Kyrie, LeBron or Love involved in a trade with the Cavs I'm not interested.

This guy isn't credible at all though.

Comment

But how do we trade for Papa without using up our cap space?
                      You use up some of that cap space, then clear a bit by cutting Ridnour. I'm not sure if it's enough, though, I don't know precise numbers.

Looking at your estimations, there should be ~6 mil after adding Papa and cutting Ridnour.

If we then try to do a trade using the same players that you used, it might just be enough, or maybe slightly short. Markieff + Leuer (combined slightly over 9.1 mil) for ~6 mil of cap space + cap hold slightly over 0.5 mil since we add a player + JJ (2.5 mil). Maybe still slightly short, I don't know, depends on exact cap numbers that we have right now.

Is your cap space estimation based on 67.1 cap, btw? If yes, then it will probably end up higher, and it would've been a bit easier to make this work.

Welp, but this is now off the table with LaMarcus news.
                      Last edited by BobLoblaw; Sat Jul 4, 2015, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post

He made the smart choice. Good for him.

At least he isn't in our conference.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Well, never mind then. So, do we go after Joseph? Is he even available? What do we do for PF?
                          Yep, I'd take Joseph. I've no idea if they can still re-sign him. Also, considering that Watson got 5 mil a year today, I wonder about Joseph's price.

Comment

I would have loved to have Joseph but at this point, it doesn't look like this team really needs another guard (unless we are trading someone for a PF). If we give Casey nothing but guards and wings, then we all know what is coming.

If we can get Joseph and flip someone (since I don't want this to be another he who must not be named comment, let's say we trade Lowry) for a big, then I'm ok with that.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              I would have loved to have Joseph but at this point, it doesn't look like this team really needs another guard (unless we are trading someone for a PF). If we give Casey nothing but guards and wings, then we all know what is coming.

If we can get Joseph and flip someone (since I don't want this to be another he who must not be named comment, let's say we trade Lowry) for a big, then I'm ok with that
                              Yikes not a fan of that. Joseph is nice but I'm not sure he's starter quality and we'd be trading our best or 2nd best player depending on who you ask.

I guess it would really depend on the return we get for Lowry. Maybe Utah would give up Favors for him? They did draft Trey Lyles who they see as a stretch 4 so... who knows.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                                Yikes not a fan of that. Joseph is nice but I'm not sure he's starter quality and we'd be trading our best or 2nd best player depending on who you ask.

I guess it would really depend on the return we get for Lowry. Maybe Utah would give up Favors for him? They did draft Trey Lyles who they see as a stretch 4 so... who knows.
                                We don't really have 5 starter quality players on the roster as of now anyway. Would rather roll with Joseph (solid defender, capable shooter) at PG than Patterson as our starting PF.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X