No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Faried brings you exactly what TT does but most likely at a cheaper price. Raptors need toughness, rebounding, length. Faried fills all those needs.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      I think Faried brings you exactly what TT does but most likely at a cheaper price. Raptors need toughness, rebounding, length. Faried fills all those needs.
      Not to mention, Faried was on the US Men's National team. Tristan Thompson was not even in the conversation, nor will he be for the foreseeable future.

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
        Not to mention, Faried was on the US Men's National team. Tristan Thompson was not even in the conversation, nor will he be for the foreseeable future.
        Lol because hes canadian...

Comment

• Faried is much better than people here seem to think. His defence is about average, not subpar, and he doesn't need a jumper to space the defence - he's the sort of dominant offensive rebounder that you can't leave alone.

I think he'd be a great addition if the price is right (and if the team is looking to win now rather than rebuild).
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• IwishIwasZachLowe wrote: View Post
            Yeah eh, start a Brazilian who excels in sitting on the bench in nice suits. He's probably the Brazilian Dirk. Or he's in the D-league for a reason.
            he was the DPOY in the second best league in the world...the guy can contribute
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              IIRC, it was just an unofficial award from some spanish magazine. I'd trust Raptors staff over those guys.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Faried is much better than people here seem to think. His defence is about average, not subpar, and he doesn't need a jumper to space the defence - he's the sort of dominant offensive rebounder that you can't leave alone.

I think he'd be a great addition if the price is right (and if the team is looking to win now rather than rebuild).
                I think Faried is a pretty good player. I just don't think he's a great fit. The trade would have to be a steal for me to be really happy about it.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I think the Bargs deal was amazing too... but that Bucks/Pistons deal was pretty good.. Butler's contract is fully non-guaranteed next season as is Williams. So both guys can be waived. Essentially Milwaukee traded Ilyasova for cap space.. and can now acquire a top tier free agent while resigning Middleton to the max if they have to.

2016 pick could still suck if NY does well (and I suspect they'll be pretty good with a top 4 pick and lots of cap space).
                  For sure, it wasn't a bad deal but I'm sure the Bucks wouldn't have said no to a pick along with the cap relief.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• If you can get Faried without giving up much you absolutely do it.

Comment

• QuadrupleDouble wrote: View Post
                      Lol because hes Canadian...
                      Oh boy, you got me there.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        I am not doubting that he has a lot of upside and raw talent. If it were up to me, I'd trade our main assets, acquire young pieces and let the young players play. But to say he should start is a stretch. He hasn't warranted much for a starting job, but eh maybe you're right. Maybe it would be benefecial if he started to play on the squad right away. The more I think of it, the more I agree with giving him playing time right away. Masai needs 2 years to evaluate anyways, we might as well start evaluating Bebe this year.

Comment

• I absolutely loved Kenneth Farieds game coming out of College and all the way up until he signed a $12M per year contract which is almost double his value. He is a quality 3rd, 4th or 5th big on a championship squad, not a 1st or 2nd.

Comment

• And you dont pay $12M per year for a guy to come off the bench.

Comment

• Liberal wrote: View Post
                              And you dont pay $12M per year for a guy to come off the bench.
                              With today's salary cap.

Comment

• Throw the lions share of cap space at a legit PF, and offer M. Dunleavey a little above what he was making in Chicago. Two main needs filled.

Now to tackle global poverty....

Comment

Working...
                                X