No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who says no to a Ross/Patterson for Tristan trade?

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
      some1 correct me if i am wrong but if TT signs the QO he loses his bird rights regardless of a trade to another team or even with the Cavs. Practically making Cavs lose TT as they wont have enough cap room to sign him to a contract next summer.
      Good point.. maybe signing a QO is a kin to signing a new 1 year contract which removes his Bird Rights.

Comment

• The_Warlord wrote: View Post
        Who says no to a Ross/Patterson for Tristan trade?
        I don't think Tristan is that great of a player to be honest.. and if he's seeking an $96M contract he's really not worth it. I'd pass on that trade.

Comment

• Hey does anyone think Raps should offer RFA Tristan Thompson a contract? He seems unhappy with Cavs...not necessarily the 90M he is seeking but what about a lesser offer just to force the Cavs to match to up their tax . This could inhibit their ability to resign JR Smith. Perhaps even a 2-3 year offer back loaded .

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            "Restricted free agent Tristan Thompson will leave the Cavaliers following next season if he does not receive the long-term contract offer he desires, agent Rich Paul told SB Nation."
            Yeah I saw that too. I think MU should make a run at him.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              I don't think Tristan is that great of a player to be honest.. and if he's seeking an $96M contract he's really not worth it. I'd pass on that trade.
              I'm not that high on him either. Think we need a stretch 4 to maintain a decent offence.

On the flip side we'd have to be considered one of the top defensive teams with him on board. He might be the best big man pick n roll defender as well as a terror on the boards. If JV really can establish himself in the post might be a move worth making. The spacing lost is made up by extra possessions and better defence.

Non basketball reasons - getting 2 of the 3 best Canadians on the team sends a strong signal to the league about our intentions with Wiggins.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                no to Markieff...he's a shit head...you don't put shit heads on your team
                say NO to shit heads, kids.

Comment

• I'd prefer to use the knicks pick for a PF

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    because bird rights extra years and the ability to sign someone else before you finish his deal because of the cap hold thats why ffs
                    First off I was under the assumption that his birdrights would not transfer because it is a qo he is signing but im probably wrong. Even still, the extra year isnt worth assets. Also who else are we dying to sign? By getting him at all it would be difficult to get a max guy (if they want to come to toronto) and keep dd or jv. Unless you think tt is the man then i dont think it makes sense to give up assets for him.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      say NO to shit heads, kids.
                      I agree re thead re Morris. He has a favorable contract but we need to steer clear of players like him. He will not be a team player.

Comment

If you want to kill our spacing mid season that works. This is a goood way to totally get rid of jv and go small!!

Comment

So are we abandoning the 3pt shot?
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                            It might be wise to realize we dont have a chance at signing Horford considering the other 20 + teams that have cap space and go straight for TT. Sign him early while others are looking at Horford. He would be a great fit with jv imo if jvs mid range jump shot improves. He can do a lot of what amir did and he is still young.
                            This makes no sense to me, it's the classic "no one will sign here" mantra. Horford is way fucking better than Tristan, we should absolutely go after him first. We're a solid playoff team, probably top 3 in the conference, and Horford would be a fantastic fit. No reason he wouldn't sign here (his teammate Carroll just did), and lots of reasons he would (no more playing C, perfect compliment to JV).

Also, it's not like those 20+ teams will be sleeping on Tristan and just forget about him. You're not going to sneak in and sign Tristan Thompson before anyone knows what's going on. Not to mention Tristan is not a starting caliber PF. He can't do anything on offense and would be an awful fit next to JV. He's an 8 and 8 off the bench guy. Let someone else overpay him.

If Tristan truly did sign the QO ( it is currently just a threat from his agent, hasn't signed it yet), he wouldn't have bird rights. Absolutely no reason to trade for him, and no reason for Cleveland to trade him. Cleveland would just make their title run this year while paying Tristan $6.8M, which is appropriate for a backup PF. TT wants starter money but he's not ever going to start over Love.

Comment

• I don't think you add Ross. You should be able to TT/2pat straight up if TT takes the QO.

Cleveland must be thinking what the point of renting TT for a year. Especially when you already have a very capable frontcourt. Mozgov, Love, Varaejo.

I don't find signing a QO will me smart for TT. In Cleveland he wont get the necessary mins needed to produce so he can get a max level contract. Last year he got lucky and K Love was gone for most of the playoffs. If Love is healthy all year it doesn't help. Varaejo is also going to be back this year. It really doesn't make sense for TT to go back to Cleveland on a production level.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I haven't paid much attention to this thread lately, but in case it's not been linked:

Markieff Morris wants out of Phoenix.

The Suns power forward said he feels disrespected by the way the team handled the July 9 trade of his twin and former teammate, Marcus Morris, to the Detroit Pistons. Now he is demanding a trade of his own.

The North Philadelphia native, who starred with his brother at Prep Charter and Kansas, is determined to be dealt.

"One thing for sure, I am not going to be there," Morris said Tuesday after a morning workout at Competitive Edge Sports in King of Prussia.

"If you want to put that out there, you can put that out. " he added. "I don't give a [freak]. I am not going to be there at all. That's just what it is."

In September 2014, Morris signed a four-year, $32 million contract extension that kicks in this season. His brother signed a four-year, $20 million extension. The two settled for less money than they would have received as free agents in order to remain teammates.
                                http://mobile.philly.com/sports/sixe...s&id=321497271

Comment

Working...
                                X