No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors should offer Paul Pierce a big two year deal with the second being a team option.free space for 2016 and adds a 3/4. he also wouldnt put up with Caseys bullshit

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      read the bucks have been shopping Henson pretty hard. while he doesn't exactly set the world on fire he does produce whenever they've given him minutes. wish MU had taken him on in the Vasquez trade. would be a nice piece up front.

per 36 he'd average 14/9 and 4 blocks!
      Ross for Henson swap in a heartbeat, if that was a thing that is possible. JJ for Henson too. Guy is a defensive monster and very efficient on offense (only shoots within 10ft but at least knows his role). He can also play C so we get that versatility. I'd be comfortable starting Patterson with Henson coming off the bench.

Comment

• Lowry and Clippers pick to Houston
        Dekker, Kappawahaterver and T. Jones to Toronto

Demar and NYK pick to Phoenix
        Bledsoe and Booker to Toronto

2015-2016
        Bledsoe/Wright/free agent - will bynum?
        Booker/Ross/free agent - will bynum
        Dekker/JJ/kapa
        Jones/free agent - Lavoy Allen
        JV/bebe/free agent - Joel Anthony

Comment

yeah, aside from already having 3 PG's under contract this was another head scratcher about the trade.
          I just don't get that trade from the Bucks standpoint, but whatever, we got a good trade.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Everything right now is a rumor, shit can't get official until July 1st. This just happens to be a rumor that makes a lot of sense.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              I was wondering about this in connection to trading Vasquez.

They have $42.5M in salaries plus Vaugh's cap hold so about $43.1M.

If someone offers Middleton a max, that takes them up to about $55M.

Then they have to make a decision on what to do because now they have just $13M and that isn't going to cut it for the types of big men they have been linked to.

Wouldn't have been an issue had they not traded for Vasquez.
              Is Masai so devious that he did the Vasquez deal to setup a squeeze play for the next transaction with the Bucks?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                Is Masai so devious that he did the Vasquez deal to setup a squeeze play for the next transaction with the Bucks?
                the old Nash-Fields maneuvre. hes a genius

Comment

i'd play him at SG personally, but yeah. i'm a huge, HUGE fan. his athleticism is absurd. i don't think he's that far off - last year he was starting over Burke at the end of the year.
                  He's very quick, which is of course an important part of athleticism. Otherwise I'd say his athleticism doesn't shine.

Defensively, he's going to be much more valuable against point guards, because he's quick enough to keep up with them AND has a huge size / length advantage over them. When matched with shooting guards, he'll be quick of course, but small-ish, not super athletic. Maybe not tough enough either, depending on how he develops.

Offensively, his potential is in slicing the defense, mainly with the ball, because he has a great first step. He's not a good shooter, he can get hot, but we'll see if he becomes a good one. If he becomes a good shooter, then he'll have more value playing with another point guard than I think he does now. But shooting is not his strength now, and by far the most promising thing about him is that first step with the ball. He needs to get much tougher, more skilled at finishing in the paint and attack the basket.

So to me his potential is as a player to whom you give the ball, surround him with players who can spot up and shoot, let him tear up defenses and make plays for teammates. On the other end, you tell him to destroy the opposing point guard.

Overall, I'd call him a point guard, if he reaches his potential. An on the ball player who defends point guards. Defensively he's already pretty good, but offensively he's too extremely soft right now, hopefully that will change. But who knows. Some players just have less toughness and aggressive mentality than others sometimes.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                    I believe so, next Masai will steal Jabari Parker from them

Get ready for the heist raptor folks
                    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      Ross for Henson swap in a heartbeat, if that was a thing that is possible. JJ for Henson too. Guy is a defensive monster and very efficient on offense (only shoots within 10ft but at least knows his role). He can also play C so we get that versatility. I'd be comfortable starting Patterson with Henson coming off the bench.
                      i'd start henson/pp off bench but yes.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        I'm sure that is what will happen.

However that was the general thinking last season with the Rockets and Parsons as well.

Apparently someone missed the wink-wink last year.
                        Worst case scenario, they can cut and stretch an expiring or two, OJ Mayo, Zaza or whomever (wouldn't it be funny if they chose to cut Vasquez).

But I don't think the Parsons situation would repeat, as long as the Bucks do promise the max plus a bit extra. It's actually similar to Brook Lopez deal back when the Nets were chasing a Dwight Howard - Lopez sign and trade. The Nets promised Lopez a max + a few extra mil via Bird rights, if he gives them a few days and doesn't take max from another team.

My impression was that Houston just didn't expect that anyone would offer Parsons anything close to max.

Comment

• I suspect that the Bucks might end up with Hibbert, though. They have expirings to make the trade work, like OJ Mayo and Zaza Pachulia. Larry Bird loved OJ Mayo and tried to get him several times in the past, and Indiana will need a center if they move Zaza. Maybe add John Henson, if you want to make this a super sweet deal for the Pacers, but I think it might be possible to get Hibbert for just Mayo and Zaza.

Comment

• Now the Kings are exploring potential trades for Eric Bledsoe.

Said it before, will say it again: the Kings are desperate for a quality point guard. It's an opportunity ripe for exploitation.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                              Now the Kings are exploring potential trades for Eric Bledsoe.

Said it before, will say it again: the Kings are desperate for a quality point guard. It's an opportunity ripe for exploitation.
                              Shouldn't we assume that they want a quality PG to pair with Cousins?

With Cousins off the table, does Sactown have anything of value (aside from picks)? Or are you suggesting we blow it up?

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                                Now the Kings are exploring potential trades for Eric Bledsoe.

yeah, first thing i thought of as well.

Lowry + Ross for Collison + Stauskas + Trill
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X