2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    It'll be a good laugh if Dallas gets Jordan. Clippers will have to settle for a crappy center next season. Could make the 2017 pick even better (hopefully Clips make the playoffs as the 8th seed then).
    I'll laugh at Jordan more than anyone. That guy will have a harsh reality check when he's no longer playing with Chris Paul and Blake Griffin.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Love all the certainty in here. Who the hell knows what's going to happen in the next year plus. Not any of us.

So many more dominoes to fall this offseason, let alone dealing with DeMar's last year of his current contract. What we do know is the current talent on this roster is nowhere near good enough to topple Lebron/Irving/Love, let alone also top the best teams in the West.

One tweet at one point quoted/referenced Masai as striving to be competitive now and build for the future at the same time. I hope he's not sacrificing too much of the latter for the sake of the former.

And for all you guys who talked about needing to build winning cultures to attract FA's...Atlanta is having a hell of a time keeping their guys together, aren't they? If only it were as simple as "if you win, they will come." Any good to great NBA player thinks he'll bring the success with him when he goes to a new team. That's why some of these crappy teams are getting sit-downs with star FA's. Sometimes a guy wants to go to a winning situation and be some Batman's Robin, but a lot of these guys think they're Batman.

Random thoughts!
      how is atlanta having a hell of a time keeping their guys together? im sure you remember they magically got paul millsap in free agency no more than 2 years ago. the 'problem' is they just happened to have a few players contracts up at the same time and all of them played better than what their contracts were worth.

compare that to the raptors where post-signings of fields, vasquez, terrence ross extension and now potentially lowry are all playing like shit.

i'd rather have the hawks problem.
      Last edited by iblastoff; Thu Jul 2, 2015, 02:29 AM.

Comment

• I guess we have to wait till tomorrow, then we get Westley Matthews.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Also, there have been medical advances. In the NFL a blown ACL isn't even a huge deal anymore. A bunch of guys, including Adrian Peterson, have come back strong from it. I think RGIII has blown his twice now and he's still going strong.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
          Just to be clear, Wes Matthews tore his Achilles. It's a different injury than an ACL injury and from my understanding it's more difficult to come back from an achilles injury in the NBA.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/fantasy...tured-achilles

Comment

• If Raps are serious about playing small ball, wouldn't it be worth to go after Harris? I'm sure you can get him for the same price as Mathews/ Caroll and all Raptors have to do is either get rid of Ross (3,5) or Bebe + Ridnour (4,3) to get into 14-15 million of free cap space (if the cap is 69 mil).
            MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
              If Raps are serious about playing small ball, wouldn't it be worth to go after Harris? I'm sure you can get him for the same price as Mathews/ Caroll and all Raptors have to do is either get rid of Ross (3,5) or Bebe + Ridnour (4,3) to get into 14-15 million of free cap space (if the cap is 69 mil).
              Looks like Pistons are offering him a max contract.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                But contenders can't pay him what he wants. It's up to west if he's willing to go to a contender for $5 mil or get $10-12 mil somewhere else.
                I think he knew he would lose money when he opted out. He wanted to win. He won't close to 13 mil that he left in Indy, he's not that good anymore.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Does anyone know how Anthony Davis (after his rookie deal) gets a whopping 145 mill/5 yrs. (29 mill. a yr.) per the current cba.
                  D-Rose contract, plus it will only start once the cap goes up to 89-ish mil.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                    Its worse for the kings than you thought
                    Damn. It's raining picks.

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                      If Raps are serious about playing small ball, wouldn't it be worth to go after Harris? I'm sure you can get him for the same price as Mathews/ Caroll and all Raptors have to do is either get rid of Ross (3,5) or Bebe + Ridnour (4,3) to get into 14-15 million of free cap space (if the cap is 69 mil).
                      I wouldn't mind him on a reasonable 13ish mil contract, but his max will be ~17 mil a year on average.

Comment

• Amir's second year fully non-guaranteed, per Zach Lowe.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          Just to be clear, Wes Matthews tore his Achilles. It's a different injury than an ACL injury and from my understanding it's more difficult to come back from an achilles injury in the NBA.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/fantasy...tured-achilles
                          When it comes to an Achilles tear, we're forgetting the most famous one of all....the Raptor. Msybe he should talk to Wes.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                            Amir's second year fully non-guaranteed, per Zach Lowe.
                            That makes more sense. I was very surprised with that deal.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Love all the certainty in here. Who the hell knows what's going to happen in the next year plus. Not any of us.

So many more dominoes to fall this offseason, let alone dealing with DeMar's last year of his current contract. What we do know is the current talent on this roster is nowhere near good enough to topple Lebron/Irving/Love, let alone also top the best teams in the West.

One tweet at one point quoted/referenced Masai as striving to be competitive now and build for the future at the same time. I hope he's not sacrificing too much of the latter for the sake of the former.

And for all you guys who talked about needing to build winning cultures to attract FA's...Atlanta is having a hell of a time keeping their guys together, aren't they? If only it were as simple as "if you win, they will come." Any good to great NBA player thinks he'll bring the success with him when he goes to a new team. That's why some of these crappy teams are getting sit-downs with star FA's. Sometimes a guy wants to go to a winning situation and be some Batman's Robin, but a lot of these guys think they're Batman.

Random thoughts!
                              The team may or may not be good enough to topple Lebron/Irving/Love but team ball may beat them (and yes 2/3 were missing in the championship last year).
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                                The team may or may not be good enough to topple Lebron/Irving/Love but team ball may beat them (and yes 2/3 were missing in the championship last year).
                                This team right now doesnt beat miami.

If they add mathews, thay may be a top 4 team in east.

Comment

Working...
                                X