8 Rudy Gobert
    9 Joakim noah
    10 Andrew Bogut
    11 Tyson Chandler
    12 Andre Drummond
    13 Marcin Gortat
    14 Hassan Whiteside
    15 Jonas Valanciunas

For the 15th spot some could even argue Robin Lopez deserves it more than JV

EDIT: Roy Hibbert
    Top 5
    0.00%
    Top 10
    15.63%
    Top 15
    56.25%
    Outside Top 15
    28.13%
    Last edited by Abbas; Thu Apr 30, 2015, 11:17 AM.
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Hassan Whiteside is not better than JV. He had a stretch of like a month where he was great, now he's back down to at least 20-25.

Comment

Too lazy to rank these players but all the guys you mrntioned above are definitely better than JV. Not sure about Robin Lopez though.

I'll put JV in the top 15.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

you might rank hibbert higher as well although he has regressed the last year or two. I hope I am pronouncing it right but timothy Mozgov with the cavs is pretty good

Comment

JV is definitely in the discussion for top-15 C's in the league right now, heading into next season.

When you consider age, contract, team control, talent, potential, etc... then I'd bump him up into a discussion of the top-10 (since the Raptors are looking longer term than 'win now'). Of course, when taking a future view, guys like Noel need to be included as well.

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
            I think he's currently top 15 and hopefully he'll be top 10 next season

My list
            Top 15 Centers
            1 Marc Gasol
            2 DeMarcus Cousins
            3 DeAndre Jordon
            4 Dwight Howard - slipped this year due to his back - have to wonder what he's got moving forward
            5 Al Horford
            6 Brook Lopez - inconsistent and hurt a lot. Can't rebound or defend at all - over-rated imo
            7 Nikola Vucevic - beast
            8 Rudy Gobert - a bit high considering the sample size
            9 Joakim Noah - should be higher - definitely better than Lopez
            10 Andrew Bogut - solid 2 way player on the best team, should probably be higher
            11 Tyson Chandler
            12 Andre Drummond - better rebounder and defender than JV, but not as good offensively
            13 Marcin Gortat - averages the same points and rebounds as JV but in more MPG. think the playoffs are affecting his rank
            14 Hassan Whiteside - could be a flash in the pan, small sample size for a guy who bounced around a lot.
            15 Jonas Valanciunas

JV is somewhere in the 12-15 range. See notes above.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Where does he rank as far as efficiency and defensive rating?

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                Well since both of those are encompassed by numerous stats (and can all be debated), that's a hard question to answer; but FWIW:

(Centers who qualified for MPG leaderboard as per BBREF)

Offensive
                ORtg - 3rd
                OWS - 3rd
                TS% - 3rd

Defensive
                DWS - 15th
                DRtg - 25th
                DBPM - 33rd

Overall
                PER - 8th
                VORP - 18th
                WS48 - 3rd

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...rder_by=ts_pct
                Last edited by Axel; Thu Apr 30, 2015, 08:56 AM. Reason: Added link

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  6th in TS%

http://www.draftexpress.com/stats.ph...erence=&sort=9

10th in WS/40

http://www.draftexpress.com/stats.ph...erence=&sort=9

16th in PER

http://www.draftexpress.com/stats.ph...min=15&q=usage

14th in EFF/40

http://www.draftexpress.com/stats.ph...erence=&sort=8

etc, lots of stats in draftexpress.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                    Well since both of those are encompassed by numerous stats (and can all be debated), that's a hard question to answer; but FWIW:

(Centers who qualified for MPG leaderboard as per BBREF)

Offensive
                    ORtg - 3rd
                    OWS - 3rd
                    TS% - 3rd

Defensive
                    DWS - 15th
                    DRtg - 25th
                    DBPM - 33rd

Overall
                    PER - 8th
                    VORP - 18th
                    WS48 - 3rd
                    Before someone asks, the reason for the discrepancy in the ranks is that I filtered out players who didn't meet the MP threshold for NBA leaderboards. Myers Leonard didn't meet that standard, but is included in DE's list.

Also, draftexpress put Mozgov's stats in Cleveland as a separate entry, as opposed to BBREF which combined his stats from both Den and Cleveland.

Comment

Gobert and Whiteside are a little high given they only produced well after the start of this season.

JV is definitely Top 15, with potential to move into Top 10 (Top 5???) after guys like Horford, Bogut, Lopez and Chandler decline.
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I think he's currently top 15 and hopefully he'll be top 10 next season

My list
                        Top 15 Centers
                        1 Marc Gasol
                        2 DeMarcus Cousins
                        3 DeAndre Jordon
                        4 Dwight Howard
                        5 Al Horford
                        6 Brook Lopez
                        7 Nikola Vucevic
                        8 Rudy Gobert
                        9 Joakim noah
                        10 Andrew Bogut
                        11 Tyson Chandler
                        12 Andre Drummond
                        13 Marcin Gortat
                        14 Hassan Whiteside
                        15 Jonas Valanciunas

EDIT: Roy Hibbert
                        Interestingly, he's younger than all, but two of them.

Oh and I would argue he's better than Drummond.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                          Gobert and Whiteside are a little high given they only produced well after the start of this season.

JV is definitely Top 15, with potential to move into Top 10 (Top 5???) after guys like Horford, Bogut, Lopez and Chandler decline.
                          But then guys like Embiid, Noel, Towns, Okaor and Nurkic will be chasing him

If JV really wants to crack that top 10-5 range he has to
                          - Get faster (Lean down, lose fat, add muscle) (that 45c/40p/15f body-builders use will do wonders for him)
                          - Build a mid range jump shot (So he can actually use his pump fakes efficiently)
                          - Improve passing (study Marc, Cousins, Horford and Jokim's games)
                          - Improve rebound (study Dennis Roddman's game) (also DJ, Gobert, Howard)
                          - Improve his D (this will come with getting faster) (study Marc, Noah, Bogut and Gobert's games)
                          Abbas wrote:

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                            Interestingly, he's younger than all, but two of them.

Oh and I would argue he's better than Drummond.
                            Well we can argue he's better but MOST people (on others sites too not just RR) have Drummond over him.

I think Drummond is a bit better cause of his rebounding and ability to block shots. But if JV can improve those things i mentioned above in the next few years he will be a whole new step ahead of Drummond.
                            Abbas wrote:

Comment

Well we can argue he's better but MOST people (on others sites too not just RR) have Drummond over him.

I think Drummond is a bit better cause of his rebounding and ability to block shots. But if JV can improve those things i mentioned above in the next few years he will be a whole new step ahead of Drummond.
                              But Drummond isn't nearly as good offensively. So it's basically a wash in my books. Drummond gets a lot more opportunity to score because his team tries to get him more involved than the Raps, but his %s aren't nearly as good cause JV is way more polished.

You also need to check out Gortat's regular season stats, cause you are letting the playoffs completely warp your perspective.

Don't forget, JV is already on a great path for his position.
                              http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...295#post366295

Comment

Working...
                              X