No announcement yet.

Armstrong on Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demar won me over the last 1.5 months of the season. Can hardly blame the guy for the postseason. He was giving it his all. Forced his game a bit too much, but that was because almost everyone else was a huge dud.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      Have faith in the return of NANDO DE COLO!!!
      Wasn't that guy terrible?

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
        definitely not man.

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
          He was a little erratic but played well during his short time here
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            He averaged 20 5 and 5 in playoffs. How is that not an all around game?
            I should probably rephrase. His game was more team oriented during the last stretch of the season. During the playoffs I saw some tougher shots being taken, and some forced play on his part (and he wasn't the only one). It felt like he was trying to carry the team on his back instead of working with them. I don't blame him for that, but I don't like watching him play that way.
            OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
              I should probably rephrase. His game was more team oriented during the last stretch of the season. During the playoffs I saw some tougher shots being taken, and some forced play on his part (and he wasn't the only one). It felt like he was trying to carry the team on his back instead of working with them. I don't blame him for that, but I don't like watching him play that way.
              Despite all of this, he acted as a better "point guard" than Lowry did. Not good at all.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                Agreed, DD is not in the need to go camp. He is in the need to shop to gauge value camp though, but the trigger shouldn't be itchy. Lowry likely needs to go. Casey needs to go.
                Do you think we could get a 3rd round pick for Casey?

Comment

Lowry > DD+Casey+Amir

If you have to choose based on these rumours I think you need to take Lowry over the others.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                    Do you think we could get a 3rd round pick for Casey?
                    Only from Dolan.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

DC totally threw Ross under the bus last year after the game 7 loss. Said it was because he didn't space the floor that Lowry didn't have room to shoot.
                      I guess it doesn't really matter that you drew up the play for the wrong side of the floor, huh Dwayne?
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                        DC totally threw Ross under the bus last year after the game 7 loss. Said it was because he didn't space the floor that Lowry didn't have room to shoot.
                        I guess it doesn't really matter that you drew up the play for the wrong side of the floor, huh Dwayne?
                        who didn't throw ross under the bus last year in the playoffs? he was utter shit. and then he was utter shit all season this year. fuck ross.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          who didn't throw ross under the bus last year in the playoffs? he was utter shit. and then he was utter shit all season this year. fuck ross.
                          True lol just saying, Dwayne's not innocent
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                            Yeah I don't like swinging from "blame everything on Casey" to "blame everything on Lowry." Are DD, Lou, and GV gonna blame Lowry's selfishness for all their rushed and contested ISO jumpers? Is Casey gonna blame Lowry for allowing all four guards to shoot like that all year long and responding to any questions with "those are shots we usually make"?

Lowry finished the year playing like crap, is probably butting heads with Casey, may not have matured as much as he was just happy to have "his team" and a green light, but... The whole thing is everybody's fault. Each one of DD, KL, LW, and GV were more than happy to jack shots like that all year long in spite of any comments they may have made about anything, and Casey was more than happy to let them keep doing it.

Also, the biggest problem was still the defense...
                            The attitude/approach to the game set by the team alpha is crucial. It trickles down, and affects the play of everyone on the team on both sides of the ball.

I don't know that I've seen ever seen a worse example set by a leader in a playoff series than what Lowry did against the wiz. Definitely a fireable offence imo.

That said, I think Casey deserves a heaping spoonful of blame as well.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                            X