Armstrong on Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendit wrote: View Post
    Coaches are a fraternity....they will always support each other. That's the code.

Plenty of recriminations to go around including Masai and the broadcasting team who frequently did not tell it like it is.
    Big time fraternity. When was the last time you heard any former coach, criticize any current coach publicly? Butch Carter is the only one I can think of?

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
      Big time fraternity. When was the last time you heard any former coach, criticize any current coach publicly? Butch Carter is the only one I can think of?
      Someone should ask Butch what he thinks...
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

i think Lowry's gone

seems like Lowry was on his last chance with Masai before he turned it around last year but this year he's reverted right back to his old coach killing self

MU knows full well he's not reliable. time to move on.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Jack is a coach and he's also big on loyalty and honour, so Lowry's nonconfidence in Casey probably pissed him off. Jack did sing Lowry's praises all year, as he said.

I love Jack, but as honest as he is in a lot of cases, he's too close to the organization to really criticize it due to that same sense of loyalty.

Only thing interesting to me is that if Jack took such a big exception to Lowry's nonconfidence, how did Casey feel about it and how the hell are he and Lowry going to coexist going forward?

In my opinion, the tune on Casey changed once Gay got traded and Lowry, who had been playing like Jose due to the coach's wishes, got unleashed out of necessity. Lowry made Casey look better than he is, and if we trade Lowry this whole thing is going to be a terrible mess to fix, assuming we don't rebuild entirely.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
            Someone should ask Butch what he thinks...
            Definitely. I've seen some people posts some tweets after the games where Butch tells it like it is, after some fans ask his opinion on twitter.

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Jack loves salt of the earth types, which is why he loves Casey. Not just because he's a coach. Something tells me Jack wasn't an X and O's genius either, more a "good guy" than a "good coach"
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                  Question is, what team is going to give up a pick for him? In this year's draft, all the teams with high PG need also have a high pick. A pick in the Lowry value range is likely to be held by a team without a lot of need. The Kings at 6 might be the exception.

And if you trade Lowry for a future pick, is there much point in not moving DD and Co as well?
                  I don't know, I'm no good at evaluating the value of a Pick. Only the gm's could have an accurate idea of how they all value their picks, and even then I'm not so sure.

Thankfully Masai seems to be good at finding those who hold it a little lower than everybody else.

Honestly I'm open to the idea of moving everyone on the team right now. But I don't think moving lowry means we need to move anyone.

EDIT: Well at least Masai seems to be good at finding assets people hold lower than others

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    i think Lowry's gone

seems like Lowry was on his last chance with Masai before he turned it around last year but this year he's reverted right back to his old coach killing self

Not reliable. End of story.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                      Coaches are a fraternity....they will always support each other. That's the code.

Plenty of recriminations to go around including Masai and the broadcasting team who frequently did not tell it like it is.
                      As far as the broadcast team telling it like it is I did appreciate Paul Jones as we started to slump comment that water settles to a certain level saying the the easy schedule and playing over our heads early on had to level out

Comment

relationships can be mended but we have needs at sf and pf that may not be attended to if the right signing or trade comes along. Lowry should have kept quite .

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Lol, '2 time Atlantic champ', who knows, he might be trolling him here
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            i think Lowry's gone

I cant help but, agree with you. Brandon Knight anybody?
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              Lol, '2 time Atlantic champ', who knows, he might be trolling him here
                              He most definitely is. This division is one of the worst in sports history.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                                He most definitely is. This division is one of the worst in sports history.
                                One of the worst? 3 teams from that division made the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X