Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    i think Lowry's gone

seems like Lowry was on his last chance with Masai before he turned it around last year but this year he's reverted right back to his old coach killing self

MU knows full well he's not reliable. time to move on.
    coach killing? One comment on one press conference undoes 2 years of hard work wow
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
      One of the worst? 3 teams from that division made the playoffs.
      And 2 got swept
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        I cant help but, agree with you. Brandon Knight anybody?
        trade derozan.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I think I missed something. Why is Lowry uncoachable again?

Comment

I like Jack, but every year he slips further and further into a company yes man,.

Lowrys fault, wow...

Comment

I'm on Jack's side. Lowry played like shit during the series. Wall destroyed him. He beat JV in terms of getting in foul trouble, he whined to the refs and was seen to lose his composure. If this is the guy who's supposed to be the leader of this team, this is just bad!

And in the press conferences and exit interviews, I expected him to at least be more accountable as the leader of this team (if he really is), and not be stubborn and defensive with words like I did my best, I'm 100% healthy, I played my butt out, etc. Plus he's the only one that threw the coach under the bus.

We shall see in this off season what Masai's gonna do, but right now, I'm not sold on him. So far he has proven his critiques right that last year's breakout was cuz it was a contract year, and now that he's getting paid, became an all star starter, had a Sport Check endorsement, etc. he slacked off.

Comment

I cant help but, agree with you. Brandon Knight anybody?
                But what's the point? What's the point of signing these good enough players? They're never going to be enough to contend in the league.
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                  But what's the point? What's the point of signing these good enough players? They're never going to be enough to contend in the league.
                  This team has to stay competitive if they ever want a shoot at Wiggins. Wiggins ain't coming here id were tanking for the next 5 years.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Mindlessness wrote:
                    I'm rooting for Superjudge even though I disagree with him.

It's just more fun that way.
                    Haha. I'm rooting for SJ too, even as I debate with him. Makes it fun and interesting around here. Like sometimes when everyone's dumping on DD, and it's only me, SJ, Joey and Christian backing him. I really hope nobody takes any of this message board stuff seriously.

And I don't think Casey's getting fired either. Hard to predict MLSE when it comes to money. Posterior postulating again, but it wouldn't surprise me if Masai was given a tight budget from MLSE, like: you can have a D-League team or you can have a new coach, but you can't have both. $6MUS on a D-League team means you can't eat Casey's salary ($4M?) and then commit to another coach.

I agree with SJ that there's lots of behind the scenes stuff, we'll never know. Masai's hands might be tied for all we know. Even beyond the player-coach-chemistry stuff, pro sports is a business, first and foremost.
                    Last edited by golden; Thu Apr 30, 2015, 09:54 PM.

Comment

This team has to stay competitive if they ever want a shoot at Wiggins. Wiggins ain't coming here id were tanking for the next 5 years.
                      Wiggins isn't going anywhere for 7 years. Plenty of time to tank and put together a solid team.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                        Wiggins isn't going anywhere for 7 years. Plenty of time to tank and put together a solid team.
                        Not if we been losing that whole time. Need to build a winning culture. Enough building through the draft. We've obviously haven't been successful at it
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                          Haha. I'm rooting for SJ too, even as I debate with him. Makes it fun and interesting around here. Like sometimes when everyone's dumping on DD, and it's only me, SJ, Joey and yourself backing him. I really hope nobody takes any of this message board stuff seriously.

And I don't think Casey's getting fired either. Hard to predict MLSE when it comes to money. Posterior postulating again, but it wouldn't surprise me if Masai was given a tight budget from MLSE, like: you can have a D-League team or you can have a new coach, but you can't have both. $6MUS on a D-League team means you can't eat Casey's salary ($4M?) and then commit to another coach.

I agree with SJ that there's lots of behind the scenes stuff, we'll never know. Masai's hands might be tied for all we know. Even beyond the player-coach-chemistry stuff, pro sports is a business, first and foremost.
                          The only problem with SJ honestly is that he repeatedly tells us that we all basically know nothing. I understand that everyone who has ever played in the NBA has probably forgotten more basketball than I've learned about it. Why does that mean I can't have an opinion?

Otherwise I'm more than fine with him telling us his opinion.

EDIT: I can also see the entire Casey thing you posted about as well, my only problem with that line of thought is that MLSE itself is worth what - ~1.5 Billion USD? And then Rogers and Bell are another like 4 Billion USD on top of that (in worth, I think, not that good with economy and business). They have more than enough money to offer Masai a decent budget at the very least.
                          Last edited by Mindlessness; Thu Apr 30, 2015, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Not if we been losing that whole time. Need to build a winning culture. Enough building through the draft. We've obviously haven't been successful at it
                            Because we've never actually done a proper rebuild for almost a decade. BC was always short sighted moves trying to sneak into the playoffs and only tanked midway through the season. Even Masai hasn't done yet.
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

The Lakers or Mavs are two win-now teams that might like to reload this summer and need a PG. Unless the Lakers decide to pass on their final year with Kobe, but chances are they try to load up this summer without handcuffing too much of their future.

My problem with trading Lowry is that he's one of the only guys under contract past next season. You might trade him, keep DD, and see DD walk next summer. Not sure it's a great idea to plan a core around a guy who'll be an UFA in a year - unless you get strong reassurances from him that he'll re-sign. Haven't seen anything to that effect yet.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Meh...

Whatever Lowry said, is politically correct. Why should he endorse a coach when he doesn't feel the coach is right. He didn't go out and say he didn't like Casey.

Jack was correct as the team goes where Lowry goes. We really don't know what it is, but a lot of the breakdowns and bad offensive sets have been due to his gambling and lack of drive

Comment

Working...
                                X