Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
    Meh...

Whatever Lowry said, is politically correct. Why should he endorse a coach when he doesn't feel the coach is right. He didn't go out and say he didn't like Casey.

Jack was correct as the team goes where Lowry goes. We really don't know what it is, but a lot of the breakdowns and bad offensive sets have been due to his gambling and lack of drive
    My thoughts as well.

I find SuperJudge entertaining. I get what he's saying.

I'm with Jack.

If Lowry played like the player he was 5-6 months ago, and said he what he said at season-ending press conference, I'd be fine with it.

However, I think Lowry should shoulder a lot of the blame. He's the starting PG. he had the opportunity to deviate from the ISO and get others more involved. Check his assist totals after the all-star game (admittedly I'm going off memory - haven't checked the stats). We already know he gets free reign with the offense. I think he deviated from the plan and Dwane couldn't reign him in (like his other coaches). I think the all-star starting situation got to his head. He wasn't prepared for the playoffs.... He was playing horribly for a while before it.

I think you kinda have to move Lowry if you can get a decent return. Use the assets from the trade in a larger package for a starting PF. I would target Corey Joseph (as he's a restricted free agent) to run the point. He's a pass first point guard. If he can play for San Antonio, we need to get him. He's also a good defender and the Spurs won't match a really good offer.

Get a starting SF (Middleton or Carroll)

Give Dwane one more chance with better players to fit his system. Make sure he Instill's an offensive philosophy that helps his defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
      My thoughts as well.

I'm with Jack.

If Lowry played like the player he was 5-6 months ago, and said he what he said at season-ending press conference, I'd be fine with it.

However, I think Lowry should shoulder a lot of the blame. He's the starting PG. he had the opportunity to deviate from the ISO and get others more involved. Check his assist totals after the all-star game (admittedly I'm going off memory - haven't checked the stats). We already know he gets free reign with the offense. I think he deviated from the plan and Dwane couldn't reign him in (like his other coaches). I think the all-star starting situation got to his head. He wasn't prepared for the playoffs.... He was playing horribly for a while before it.

I think you kinda have to move Lowry if you can get a decent return. Use the assets from the trade in a larger package for a starting PF. I would target Corey Joseph (as he's a restricted free agent) to run the point. He's a pass first point guard. If he can play for San Antonio, we need to get him. He's also a good defender and the Spurs won't match a really good offer.

Give Dwane one more chance with better players to fit his system. Make sure he Instill's an offensive philosophy that helps his defense.

Nope! Sorry! Casey has had enough of a chance imo.
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

we have the coach saying lowry was playing hurt and kyle denying it. what is the truth?

Comment

My thoughts as well.

I'm with Jack.

I don't agree he deserves another chance. Not that his season was terrible. But you can see the difference between the top coaches in the league and him. Lack of in game adjustments, poor rotations, and poor offense cannot take this team over the top.

I agree personnel has a lot to do with our record, but I think you have to do with OKC did. You have to go big or go home. You need to have a great coach to make it in this league (or have Lebron James lol). While I think Casey did well in Toronto, he isn't the coach to take us to the next level.

Comment

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
            I don't agree he deserves another chance. Not that his season was terrible. But you can see the difference between the top coaches in the league and him. Lack of in game adjustments, poor rotations, and poor offense cannot take this team over the top.

I agree personnel has a lot to do with our record, but I think you have to do with OKC did. You have to go big or go home. You need to have a great coach to make it in this league (or have Lebron James lol). While I think Casey did well in Toronto, he isn't the coach to take us to the next level.
            I would argue that we're not that close to the next level.....we had some obvious holes on this roster.

We need to give whoever coaches this team the following:

a starting calibre SF and PF, a defensive minded PG and a backup C.

Comment

I would argue that we're not that close to the next level.....we had some obvious holes on this roster.

We need to give whoever coaches this team the following:

a starting calibre SF and PF, a defensive minded PG and a backup C.

So basically, change everything except DeRozan. Understood.

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
                we have the coach saying lowry was playing hurt and kyle denying it. what is the truth?
                The guy who just swept us in the first round! 😎
                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Was scrolling through Butch Carter's twitter feed

He re-tweeted a RR front page piece that talks about not settling for mediocrity and flat out says to fire Casey.

Infer what you will.
                  Last edited by Axel; Fri May 1, 2015, 10:37 AM.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post

He re-tweeted a RR front page piece that talks about not settling for mediocrity and flat out says to fire Casey.

Infer what you will.
                    Uh oh, Tim W.....

Edit: I wandered into the Tim Zone. The article points out some similar outcomes, but there are so many differences between MU's first two years and BC's. The main one - MU hasn't committed to anybody long-term other than Kyle Lowry. Most of this team (including the coach) is off the books this summer or next. There's huge impending flexibility and decisions to be made in a way that BC never had. BC handed out 4-5 year contracts like candy on Halloween. MU handed out very short contracts to most of the guys he signed his first two years (even to Casey). He's obviously never been all-in and has intentionally left himself this 2015 and 2016 flexibility.

By the end of summer 2016 this'll be a very different picture.
                    Last edited by S.R.; Fri May 1, 2015, 11:01 AM.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post

Infer what you will.
                      I'm really curious how much/often players, coaches, management, and journalists check sites like RR. It doesn't take long for references to broadly held Internet opinions like #FireCasey to start showing up in journalists' questions and players'/coaches' comments.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Uh oh, Tim W.....

Edit: I wandered into the Tim Zone. The article points out some similar outcomes, but there are so many differences between MU's first two years and BC's. The main one - MU hasn't committed to anybody long-term other than Kyle Lowry. Most of this team (including the coach) is off the books this summer or next. There's huge impending flexibility and decisions to be made in a way that BC never had. BC handed out 4-5 year contracts like candy on Halloween. MU handed out very short contracts to most of the guys he signed his first two years (even to Casey). He's obviously never been all-in and has intentionally left himself this 2015 and 2016 flexibility.

By the end of summer 2016 this'll be a very different picture.
                        Yeah, I agree that there are a lot of differences between BC and MU (and most of them are cap flexibility based); my point was more to see what a "established basketball mind" thinks of the situation, and since Butch is more honest than most former coaches, seemed like a good place to try.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                          I'm really curious how much/often players, coaches, management, and journalists check sites like RR. It doesn't take long for references to broadly held Internet opinions like #FireCasey to start showing up in journalists' questions and players'/coaches' comments.
                          Forums can be nuts.. I've seen RealGM and that plays is crazy. I don't post on the front page, but it seems that people say much dumber sh!t when they don't have an avatar. So journalists probably don't want to give too much stock into what people say and probably dismiss it altogether.

However articles like Tim's are probably read and are either brushed off or used as fuel for their next piece.

Comment

I just listened to this. I don't think this was some ringing endorsement for Casey. He said some of the defensive shortcoming were "inexplainable".

Definitely made some good points on Lowry. Dude is like a teenager sometimes.
                            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              coach killing? One comment on one press conference undoes 2 years of hard work wow
                              ask houston and memphis about that
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I think Casey's comments that the team was Demar and Amir's has been worth reading between the lines in light of the discussion of Kyle. Communication came up as a problem as the players debriefed and throughout 2014-15 there was significantly less ball movement than there was in 2013-14. Those two things would point a reasonable number of fingers at the point guard's play and leadership. If there has been a decline in chemistry between Demar and Kyle (nothing that I can tell from this distance) along with friction between DC and Kyle then there will need to be an assessment of what can be done to pull things together for next season. If Kyle is not going to reflect on his season and get his back up because he's taking umbrage at his recovery from injuries late in the season, then it seems like a reversion to the form he demonstrated before and after the mirage of 2013-14. I'm less inclined to believe that Kyle has had a lasting epiphany. His conduct on the court in the elimination game against the Wizards merits far more criticism of his maturity and professionalism than it has earned thus far. Three fouls and a tech in one quarter are not what you ought to get from a leader, heart and soul of the team kind of guy and it cannot be overlooked. I side with Jack and agree as well that Demar, Jonas and Patrick are keepers at this point. I doubt that everyone else is going but, outside of Amir, I can rationalize parting with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X