Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If he opts out of Cleveland (and I think he will) why don't we love Kevin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If he opts out of Cleveland (and I think he will) why don't we love Kevin?

To me it seems like an absolute match made in heaven.

Love hated Minnesota, because they sucked. He also (seems) to hate Cleveland, because he's the 3rd option by a mile.

How many teams can give him the best of both worlds? A 50 win team that is a threat to make a deep playoff run (weak conference, adding him) while he is ALSO the number one option, go to guy, all star again. Very few teams, if any, fit that description more than the Toronto Raptors.

On our side, what need is more glaring than an all star caliber stretch 4 who can also be a BEAST on the boards.

This may get moved, but I wanted some replies before that happens.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

The fact that he's out 4-6 months with a serious arm injury is a good reason not to go after him this year.

He's probably going to opt on for another year in Cleveland. He's still finding his place on LeBron's team and when he does his value will go up even higher. Plus, he'll be going after his mega-contract when he's healthy, and that's a big difference.

Comment

I don't trust Love on defense. And I think whoever ends up being the starting 4 the team needs to be a 2-way player.

PS - I love your signature. Haha
      OG is our king

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
        The fact that he's out 4-6 months with a serious arm injury is a good reason not to go after him this year.

He's probably going to opt on for another year in Cleveland. He's still finding his place on LeBron's team and when he does his value will go up even higher. Plus, he'll be going after his mega-contract when he's healthy, and that's a big difference.
        Well, if he showed interest in coming here, I think he'd get that mega contract now. And another year on Lebrons team could either bring his value higher, or drive it into the ground. His value was at its highest 2 years ago, banking on it to rebound to an all time high is a pretty big risk on his part

Comment

Yes.. I like talent. And despite Love's lack of playoff success in Minny or Love's injury prowess.. or his inability to play defense... he's still considered a top 20 talent in the league. And the most valuable asset in the NBA is a top 20 player.

Comment

Because he would never come here.

Comment

He's not leaving Cleveland. I think last few weeks really showed the potential of this ( cavs ) team (w/ Kevin on the floor). They can win a ring, and he wants one.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                Because he would never come here.
                But I think I just spelled out in the original post why I think he would come here...

Comment

I'm not convinced Love is a top 20 player or someone who can be the #1 option on a contender. So I'm not crazy about going after him.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    I'm not convinced Love is a top 20 player or someone who can be the #1 option on a contender. So I'm not crazy about going after him.
                    Were not asking him to carry the team, hed still get less shots than DD. Think early 2000 pistons, they had no alpha super duper stars, won a title by starting 4 borderline all stars. Imo jv is a year or 2 away from being our 3rd. We just need an all star pf and a 3 and D ssf.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Were not asking him to carry the team, hed still get less shots than DD. Think early 2000 pistons, they had no alpha super duper stars, won a title by starting 4 borderline all stars. Imo jv is a year or 2 away from being our 3rd. We just need an all star pf and a 3 and D ssf.
                      Ah, but will Love be happy with that?

I'd also like to add that I don't think Love opts out. If he did I'd probably be ok with giving him the max if it's set at a yearly salary that won't change under the new cap. It would be an easy enough deal to move if it doesn't work out. If he doesn't opt out, and this conversation was delayed to next summer when the cap jumps, no way I'd give him the max. I just think he's a pretty overrated player.

Comment

I like the idea, he would certainly fit well if we had a good offensive system, especially with Jonas as our centre.

Two problems though, a) he's injured right now and b) while Jonas might be a good rim protector and strong 1-on-1 defender, we'd need a defensive system that allows him to use those capabilities more fully. Having Love would mean we'd basically have to hope that whoever coaches this team next year is able to find a system that does use Jonas' abilities well and will develop Jonas defensively.

Comment

We don't currently have the cap room to offer him the max. Plus, I'd rather go hunting for young, two way talent.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                            i don't trust love on defense. And i think whoever ends up being the starting 4 the team needs to be a 2-way player.

Ps - i love your signature. Haha
                            pound that rock lmao

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                              I like the idea, he would certainly fit well if we had a good offensive system, especially with Jonas as our centre.

Two problems though, a) he's injured right now and b) while Jonas might be a good rim protector and strong 1-on-1 defender, we'd need a defensive system that allows him to use those capabilities more fully. Having Love would mean we'd basically have to hope that whoever coaches this team next year is able to find a system that does use Jonas' abilities well and will develop Jonas defensively.
                              You better score 125ppg with those guys in your front court.
                              Love may end up in LA (Tor doesn'T exist as far as he's concerned)
                              I don't mind these posts, but let's try to keep it realistic.

Comment

Working...
                              X