Woj: Casey will be back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Well, Pippen obviously was not their best player. But you know..... ...he's Scottie Pippen.

And i didn't need to listen to the audio because i remember that game very well. That play was designed for Pippen lol. The Suns player did a great job of rotating to the ball, if not that would've been an easy dunk.

I'm still waiting for more clips btw. Just one?
    Not until you quit weaselling around the obvious and admit that that play is direct evidence against your original claim
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Everybody here loves Coach Bud right? thoughts on Jeff Teague's final shot to end reg time? if that was the Raptors and Teague was DeRozan or Lowry, all the "experts" here would probably go bananas w/ their "Fire Casey" crap lol.

The point is, that's how its ALWAYS been. Late in the game, you give the ball to your best player and you get out of the way.
      How can you seriously not understand this.

The Hawks are a team of above-average players who were missing two of their most iimportant weapons in Horford and Korver. Thus a lot of their play options get thrown out the window. You are cherrypicking one play from one of the most movement-oriented coaches and systems in the NBA.

Further, when you have superstars who can create their own shot, it's perfectly fine to go iso.

We don't have a superstar. So we should be getting more creative.

How the hell is giving the green light to Alan Anderson a good plan of action? John Salmons? Lou Williams is fine in small doses but when you've conditioned the league to anticipate his clearouts, you aren't fooling anyone.

Anyone who watches a lot of basketball can see that our endgame management is generally horrible. I'm amazed that people still go out of their way to defend Casey after that four game embarrassment. It must be Stockholm Syndrome.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        Not until you quit weaselling around the obvious and admit that that play is direct evidence against your original claim
        Evidence? lol. ONE play? a one BROKEN PLAY?
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          How can you seriously not understand this.

The Hawks are a team of above-average players who were missing two of their most iimportant weapons in Horford and Korver. Thus a lot of their play options get thrown out the window. You are cherrypicking one play from one of the most movement-oriented coaches and systems in the NBA.

Further, when you have superstars who can create their own shot, it's perfectly fine to go iso.

We don't have a superstar. So we should be getting more creative.

How the hell is giving the green light to Alan Anderson a good plan of action? John Salmons? Lou Williams is fine in small doses but when you've conditioned the league to anticipate his clearouts, you aren't fooling anyone.

Anyone who watches a lot of basketball can see that our endgame management is generally horrible. I'm amazed that people still go out of their way to defend Casey after that four game embarrassment. It must be Stockholm Syndrome.
          Actually, i should be the one asking you that question. What do you not understand?

I get what you're saying. Move the ball, find the open man.... blah blah blah. But that's not how it works. How long have you been watching basketball?

Late in the game, in clutch situations, you give the ball to your BEST player and you get out of the way. That's how its ALWAYS been.

And err...not sure how Alan Anderson and John Salmons got into this. Can't remember them taking a last second shot when the game is on the line.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I don't think the reliance on an ISO play is a problem in a particular situation.

The problem is the frequency.

When it is your overall style of play, that is a problem.

To bring this up as a damnation of Bud, especially considering the injury issues, is ludicrous.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              I don't think the reliance on an ISO play is a problem in a particular situation.

The problem is the frequency.

When it is your overall style of play, that is a problem.

To bring this up as a damnation of Bud, especially considering the injury issues, is ludicrous.
              Yep. ISO has always been used for the last few possessions to close out games and it's a great tool for that. And I think that's where the problem started in the off-season. Casey and the coaching staff got it in their heads that the Raps main area of improvement was "closing out games". I saw multiple quotes from Casey & players (DD, Lowry, etc...) referring to getting better at "closing out games".

I recall the infamous Portland road game, where the Raps had a nice lead on the Blazers around the end of the 3rd/early 4th. They were rolling and sharing the ball - playing beautifully. Early in the 4th Aldrige and Lillard were out of the game, and it looked like they had the Blazers on the ropes. Then, for some reason, Lowry proceeds to go into ISO mode really early in the 4th quarter, which allowed the Blazers to rest on defence and allowing them to bring Lillard back into the game with the double team help. After a few possessions, it became obvious that they weren't passing the ball, the Blazers started getting more stops and turnovers. Then they bring Aldridge back into the game (which Casey counters with Chuck Hayes who gets slaughtered).

The Raps stayed in ISO mode the entire 4th and basically pissed away that game by trying to close out way too early.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Yep. ISO has always been used for the last few possessions to close out games and it's a great tool for that. And I think that's where the problem started in the off-season. Casey and the coaching staff got it in their heads that the Raps main area of improvement was "closing out games". I saw multiple quotes from Casey & players (DD, Lowry, etc...) referring to getting better at "closing out games".

I recall the infamous Portland road game, where the Raps had a nice lead on the Blazers around the end of the 3rd/early 4th. They were rolling and sharing the ball - playing beautifully. Early in the 4th Aldrige and Lillard were out of the game, and it looked like they had the Blazers on the ropes. Then, for some reason, Lowry proceeds to go into ISO mode really early in the 4th quarter, which allowed the Blazers to rest on defence and allowing them to bring Lillard back into the game with the double team help. After a few possessions, it became obvious that they weren't passing the ball, the Blazers started getting more stops and turnovers. Then they bring Aldridge back into the game (which Casey counters with Chuck Hayes who gets slaughtered).

The Raps stayed in ISO mode the entire 4th and basically pissed away that game by trying to close out way too early.
                That game was the turning point in the season in my estimation.

Comment

Actually, i should be the one asking you that question. What do you not understand?

I get what you're saying. Move the ball, find the open man.... blah blah blah. But that's not how it works. How long have you been watching basketball?

Late in the game, in clutch situations, you give the ball to your BEST player and you get out of the way. That's how its ALWAYS been.

And err...not sure how Alan Anderson and John Salmons got into this. Can't remember them taking a last second shot when the game is on the line.
                  This is an NBA axiom, would be interested to see how often it goes to other players.

It's been one of the criticisms of Lebron - he'll pass it to the teammate with the best shot and if they miss he catches sht for it. Everyone ones the start to jack the shot regardless.

But yeah, should your coach adjust if your "star" is a one-time All-Star? Very different if you're clearing out for Kobe or Lebron vs clearing out for Lowry or DeRozan.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                  X