Woj: Casey will be back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    Other than Sterner, weren't all the assistants brought in on Ujiri's watch? Seems odd that they'd be replacing the staff again without a new head coach. Now, I could see potentially adding a Gentry-type like GSW did for Kerr. It would also give them a logical replacement when Casey is fired 30 games into next season.
    Yeah, one or two changes wouldn't be too crazy. A wholesale change would just be nonsense.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Well, until we get some say directly from the Raptors front office, I don't know what to think of these tweets. As I just said in another thread...they've come from:

Mitch Lawrence, a NY-based (you know, where the media is never writing random crap just for attention) who writes for NBC and Forbes, and who I don't think probably anyone here had ever heard of before this tweet.

Steve Simmons, a Sun writer who doesn't normally cover the team (and generally seems to cover hockey).

Guys who actually follow the beat seem to be cautious in talking about any of this nonsense. Lewenberg is paying some attention to it, saying impression (no sources, just an impression) is Casey will stay, assistants very highly regarded around league/organization and would be surprised if there's complete turnover. And I'd be surprised too.
      Casey is under contract for next year. Wouldn't the only announcement be if he got fired?

Also to think about. If he was getting fired it would of been by now. The combine started today. Pretty sure Masai would want his coach in on the draft process.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Casey is under contract for next year. Wouldn't the only announcement be if he got fired?

Also to think about. If he was getting fired it would of been by now. The combine started today. Pretty sure Masai would want his coach in on the draft process.
        Considering every time Masai has spoken publicly, including as recently as this past week, he's said no final decision has been made, I think it's safe to say some kind of word will be put out even if they're bringing him back.

Comment

• Comment

• so it sounds like Casey is staying. Okay then. It's your last chance to proves us wrong.

and also.. if he's going to play same defensive system then urm.. Jonas has to go. He's not our guy.

Comment

• Well, the Grange tweet settles it for me. He is tied in at MLSE through both the Bell and Rogers sides and he wouldn't put that out there without confirmation. It's funny that this news is coming out on the day that the Pelicans fired Monty Williams.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

There you go. First direct tweet from someone who covers the team daily. Now we can all be disappointed...

Comment

so it sounds like Casey is staying. Okay then. It's your last chance to proves us wrong.

and also.. if he's going to play same defensive system then urm.. Jonas has to go. He's not our guy.
                  First off....on the tweet...Casey had final say two years ago with Ujiri consulting, didn't he? Isn't this the same exact thing that happened back then? Sigh....I hope they're just adding someone, if anything.

Second...Fuck trading Jonas because Casey is staying.

Comment

• I'm so disapointed.. I rarely post but this is just ridiculous. Casey clearly has no offensive system, has been awful at developing talent and has created a defensive system that does not work for this team. I have been a fan since the Vince Carter trade so I have seen bad times but I don't think I've ever been so frustrated. Casey may not be the whole problem but he is clearly a huge part of it. Will definitely be following a lot less next year and so on until I can watch a team that I enjoy the on court product.

On a side note I hope JV gets out of here and can thrive somewhere else because his talent is being wasted here.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      There you go. First direct tweet from someone who covers the team daily. Now we can all be disappointed...

I'm not.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        I'm not.
                        You're not disappointed that a coach who can't coach is going to stay in charge of this team? Ok then...

Comment

• Casey's reactionary defensive scheme makes our boy Jonas a liability. He's posting pretty good stats and he's our leader in PER and few other advanced stats.. but Caseys system makes him a liability on the defensive event - and teams know it. Every player has their flaws, and Jonas is just too slow for this system. Low personal awarenesses doesn't help either.

Comment

Casey's reactionary defensive scheme makes our boy Jonas a liability. He's posting pretty good stats and he's our leader in PER and few other advanced stats.. but Caseys system makes him a liability on the defensive event - and whole league knows it. Every player has their flaws, and Jonas is just too slow for this system. Low personal awarenesses doesn't help either.
                            Bullshit.

Change your schemes to fit the personnel.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• why ujiri why?
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Casey's reactionary defensive scheme makes our boy Jonas a liability. He's posting pretty good stats and he's our leader in PER and few other advanced stats.. but Caseys system makes him a liability on the defensive event - and whole league knows it. Every player has their flaws, and Jonas is just too slow for this system. Low personal awarenesses doesn't help either.
                                Most Cs in the league are too slow for this system. Still in the playoffs right now, Bogut, Gasol (both of them), Mozgov and Gortat would all be too slow for this system as well. I don't really think it's a very good system for Cs in general, as even guys who might be athletic/quick enough for it would still get pulled away from the rim too much and have to exert a stupid amount of energy (in other words I'm not convinced guys like DJ or Howard would fare much better as they also prefer to play near the rim on D).

Comment

Working...
                                X