Woj: Casey will be back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Billups would be awesome as an assistant coach to be groomed for the future. Superstars like Chris Paul just rave about the guy. People shed tears when he leaves their city. lol.
    That would be amazing especially if we are rebuilding and will have a team of young talents.

Comment

• Does Billups have any interest in coaching? I thought he was more interested in the GM side of things. I'd be pretty happy if he got added to the staff, much more excited than for someone like Monty Williams.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        Does Billups have any interest in coaching? I thought he was more interested in the GM side of things. I'd be pretty happy if he got added to the staff, much more excited than for someone like Monty Williams.
        Seen links to him to Minnesota to be groomed to take over next year (a possibility due to the GM/HC being the same guy now) and Denver for the HC job this season.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Ok. I think I am now 100% behind Casey being back due to money being tied up elsewhere. Not just the D-League team and the practice facility.

MLSE just hired a coach for the Leafs on an 8 year, $50 million dollar contract and also just bought the Argonauts.

You'd think it would be the opposite, but I don't think they want to pay 2 coaches (unnecessarily) when they've spent this much money elsewhere.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
            Ok. I think I am now 100% behind Casey being back due to money being tied up elsewhere. Not just the D-League team and the practice facility.

MLSE just hired a coach for the Leafs on an 8 year, $50 million dollar contract and also just bought the Argonauts.

You'd think it would be the opposite, but I don't think they want to pay 2 coaches (unnecessarily) when they've spent this much money elsewhere.
            I really don't think he's back for money reasons.

I like the decision. Finally a GM who doesn't make moves for the fans.
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post

I don't know. Most fans probably wanted Casey back. But most of those fans are casual fans who're only following because the team is winning. The hardcore fanbase on forums like this one are just a minority, especially when things are going well for the team.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                I don't know. Most fans probably wanted Casey back. But most of those fans are casual fans who're only following because the team is winning. The hardcore fanbase on forums like this one are just a minority, especially when things are going well for the team.
                Maybe, maybe not. My general impression is that firing the coach and bringing back the team would be the easiest way to carry enthusiasm forward and write off the disappointing playoffs.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• The Leafs just spent the big bucks to hire a very good coach in Mike Babcock but their roster is still terrible. Let's see if it was worth it to get a coach who can teach winning ways. Let's see if this translates to actually winning.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                    The Leafs just spent the big bucks to hire a very good coach in Mike Babcock but their roster is still terrible. Let's see if it was worth it to get a coach who can teach winning ways. Let's see if this translates to actually winning.
                    While there are similarities I don't think there is any correlation that could be made.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Maybe, maybe not. My general impression is that firing the coach and bringing back the team would be the easiest way to carry enthusiasm forward and write off the disappointing playoffs.
                      I think it was the star...or whatever...some news outlet had a stupid poll, and it was clear the majority wanted Casey back. Don't remember if it was an overwhelming majority, though. And honestly, I don't often trust the popular opinions of Toronto sports fans, a group where many are tainted from following the Leafs and being some of the worst fans in sports.

Comment

+1, 000, 000
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          While there are similarities I don't think there is any correlation that could be made.
                          Yea, there's very little to be had from this. I do think the Leafs have landed possibly the best coach in all of hockey here, but I'm really just grabbing at straws at this point to be comparing this with the Raptors.

Although I have to say, 8 years? Either they are thinking dynasty or they're thinking it's gonna take that long to get good..

I'm not sure if there is a Mike Babcock equivalent in the NBA. Possibly Coach K, if he coached in the pro's?
                          Last edited by ebrian; Wed May 20, 2015, 03:49 PM.
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                            Yea, there's very little to be had from this. I do think the Leafs have landed possibly the best coach in all of hockey here, but I'm really just grabbing at straws at this point to be comparing this with the Raptors.

Although I have to say, 8 years? Either they are thinking dynasty or they're thinking it's gonna take that long to get good..

I'm not sure if there is a Mike Babcock equivalent in the NBA. Possibly Coach K, if he coached in the pro's?
                            How about Popovich? Pop has an even better resume.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              How about Popovich? Pop has an even better resume.
                              Yea I guess that's a good example. Babcock has been to the playoffs 10 years straight, Pop has done it longer. I guess only difference I can think of is that Babcock also coached at the national level.. that's the reason I used Krzyzewski.

A Raptor fan can only dream of getting that level of coaching chops to come here..
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                                Ok. I think I am now 100% behind Casey being back due to money being tied up elsewhere. Not just the D-League team and the practice facility.

Disagree. MLSE has close to $2,000,000,000 in equity. It doesn't sound believable that they'd sweat over 1 year of Casey, despite how many other expenses they just incurred.

Casey's here because Masai wants him here.

Comment

Working...
                                X