Woj: Casey will be back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dino4life wrote: View Post
    Very Misleading title, he just gave his opinion not relying on any sources. There's a 50% he's right, 50% he wrong, in other words we still no nothing. Wasn't bruno the only pick Wojnarowski didn't get ahead of time ? he has no sources in Toronto.
    Nobody has sources since Masai came. Weird. I wonder which gun Masai uses to kill a spy..

Comment

Just getting around to listening to this now....

For a guy who has an 'in' on just about everything in the NBA, you can hear the pain in his voice in discussing Raptors. He really doesn't have a clue - lol. Raptors are on lock down. Lots of pauses, stuttering, sighs.... "probably" , "I think" , "I don't knows" , "the might make a change, they might not, I don't know" , "I think he'll be back but I wouldn't say 100%" ,

The Thibs discussion was interesting too. Sounds like a really dysfunctional relationship between coach and franchise.

Comment

Even an assumption by woj is more reliable than any of torontos beat writters.

I hope hes actually wrong for once
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

At this point, what the hell does Casey have to do to get fired? Kill someone?

If you don't fire him after the second half collapse...or being swept in the playoffs...or for not establishing an offensive system...or establishing a defensive system that failed to work on any level and refused to adjust it...or routinely shifting the blame to JV or Ross to the point where he had to admit that for once it wasn't their fault...how do you not fire him after his exit interview where he admits to doing nothing?

What the hell does this man have to do to get fired cause he's literally not doing anything. I really think it boiled down to "you either get a new coach or you get a D-League team...you don't get both." If it really is a money thing, just promote one of the assistants for the season as a test drive. Nothing could be worse than keeping Casey as, at this point, he literally brings no positives other than not having to move that big ass rock.

Seriously don't think I will watch or go to a single Raptors game next season if Casey really is back next season.
          Last edited by Just Is; Tue May 5, 2015, 09:14 AM.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
            At this point, what the hell does Casey have to do to get fired? Kill someone?

If you don't fire him after the second half collapse...or being swept in the playoffs...or for not establishing an offensive system...or establishing a defensive system that failed to work on any level and refused to adjust it...or routinely shifting the blame to JV or Ross to the point where he had to admit that for once it wasn't their fault...how do you not fire him after his exit interview where he admits to doing nothing?

What the hell does this man have to do to get fired cause he's literally not doing anything. I really think it boiled down to "you either get a new coach or you get a D-League team...you don't get both." If it really is a money thing, just promote one of the assistants for the season as a test drive. Nothing could be worse than keeping Casey as, at this point, he literally brings no positives other than not having to move that big ass rock.

Seriously don't think I will watch or go to a single Raptors game next season if Casey really is back next season.
            At this point, it seems like Casey is going all Office Space on us.

I image his end of season sit down with Masai went something like this...
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Tbh. If casey staying gets erid of alot of the fairweather casual fans. Its not a terrible thing
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                Might it be time to go from die hard fan to casual observer?
                I don't think you have the ability to do that. lol

Comment

This is a good thing IMO.

Coaches far too often get all the blame in this league. If we are going to build a culture of accountability and hard-nose grind out ball, Casey is the guy. I am buying into the whole DeMar injury thing. If this team wants to be successful moving forward we need a strong culture, and continuity. Bringing in another coach would destroy this team and just provide more excuses to the organization and the fan-base for mediocrity. Stop running from adversity, face it, and defeat it.
                  Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                    Tbh. If casey staying gets erid of alot of the fairweather casual fans. Its not a terrible thing
                    +1
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post

Coaches far too often get all the blame in this league. If we are going to build a culture of accountability and hard-nose grind out ball, Casey is the guy. I am buying into the whole DeMar injury thing. If this team wants to be successful moving forward we need a strong culture, and continuity. Bringing in another coach would destroy this team and just provide more excuses to the organization and the fan-base for mediocrity. Stop running from adversity, face it, and defeat it.
                      Based on what evidence?

I didn't see any accountability this season for half the roster.

"Grind out ball" usually means playing defence, didn't see much of that either.

Casey has done nothing to prove that he is the style of coach he was advertised to be. A tough, defensive minded coach is exactly what we need and it is exactly what Casey was supposed to be. Buyers remorse!
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post

It's a coach's job to establish some kind of system. Casey admits to not doing this.

It's a coach's job to make adjustments. Casey has admitted to not doing this despite acknowledging that this wouldn't fly in the playoffs.

It's a coach's job to take accountability. Casey routinely shifts blame onto Ross or JV (even moreso off-camera) which we got directly from Casey's mouth.

So you CAN say coaches get too much blame but you can't say that Casey doesn't deserve it. Once more, beyond the fact that this could actually be physically seen by anyone who watched the Raptors this year, it also comes DIRECTLY from the man's mouth.

The largest point anyone had in his defense was the team's high O-Rating over the season...and the man has said that he had nothing to do with that.
                        Last edited by Just Is; Tue May 5, 2015, 09:41 AM.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

I think Casey's coming back too.. just feel like Masai is going to make a stupid decision out of loyalty. He didn't hire Casey but I think he likes him as a person.

I'll be surprised if Casey does get fired.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                            I don't think you have the ability to do that. lol
                            Lol - probably not.

But I managed to turn into a game in an hour guy often this year.

Professional sports is suppose to be about entertainment.

This year was not entertaining for me personally. There were a couple of good games but overall the on court product was terrible, IMO.

Comment

#TeamCasey

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                                I don't care if MU changes player or not, it does not make any difference. If Casey fails again, then I want MU fired as well.
                                Enough is enough ...
                                What counts as Casey failing though? Did getting swept by the Wizards vs. maybe making it to the second round with a better coach have all that much impact?

Masai is still playing the long game, and he gets to ride out the string on that until it becomes clear that whatever he's trying is not working. I don't agree with keeping Casey, but maybe in his mind he wants to assemble a roster that a coach can work with first, and then try to attract a very good coach by showing it the potential of that roster. I don't think these are the players to do that right now.
                                That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Working...
                                X