Woj: Casey will be back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Yeah, and before the OTPP owned the vast majority, so there would not be competing interests on the board. So this is different.
    Different interests similar structure. For MLSE you cannot point to one person and say he/she is running the show and makes all of the decisions.
    I would argue that ownership structures where one person owns the team and runs the show is more likely to make decisions and get things done and more likely to run successful franchises. There are some exceptions--for example Sacramento, NY Knicks.

Comment

• Big F#@king Mistake..If it's the same team,this team won't make the playoff's,it will b a nightmare, actually if Casey stays with the changes they make,(if they make the changes)they still won't make the playoff's,guarantee. MLS is so F#@king cheap(ie..quality coach) and Musai I'll this talk u do,u remind me of previous car sales man..Colangelo,no b@ll's. I've back u enough,no more,F#@k Ujiri,sick of this mediocrity garbage with MLS. Bring on the puppets..

"Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
        Different interests similar structure. For MLSE you cannot point to one person and say he/she is running the show and makes all of the decisions.
        I would argue that ownership structures where one person owns the team and runs the show is more likely to make decisions and get things done and more likely to run successful franchises. There are some exceptions--for example Sacramento, NY Knicks.
        I'm not sure what you're saying is the case. Even if the board is involved in some decision making it won't be ona a particular player, style of play etc. it'll mostly have to do with big picture ideas, and there this evil board you speak of has been pretty good. They've approved the purchase of a D-league team and they approved the construction of a brand new training facility. They've given all the mlse clubs all of the financial resources they could ever ask for. Look at the upgrades being done to BMO field and the money spent of TFC. They even allowed Colangelo to bring on Rudy Gay and if it worked out, they would have been willing to go into the luxury tax to keep things moving.

As far as I'm concerned this new ownership group is completely different from the cheap ass teachers pension. They have opened up their wallets, hired people that everyone believes are excellent in their respective leagues/roles and none of the teams are producing. I really struggle to see what more a board of people could do.

This shit show is on the players, and some of it is on poor decisions and set backs of the past, of which none of these board members would have had any part in.
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
          I'm not sure what you're saying is the case. Even if the board is involved in some decision making it won't be ona a particular player, style of play etc. it'll mostly have to do with big picture ideas, and there this evil board you speak of has been pretty good. They've approved the purchase of a D-league team and they approved the construction of a brand new training facility. They've given all the mlse clubs all of the financial resources they could ever ask for. Look at the upgrades being done to BMO field and the money spent of TFC. They even allowed Colangelo to bring on Rudy Gay and if it worked out, they would have been willing to go into the luxury tax to keep things moving.

As far as I'm concerned this new ownership group is completely different from the cheap ass teachers pension. They have opened up their wallets, hired people that everyone believes are excellent in their respective leagues/roles and none of the teams are producing. I really struggle to see what more a board of people could do.

This shit show is on the players, and some of it is on poor decisions and set backs of the past, of which none of these board members would have had any part in.
          They have spent . But my point was the structure is similar to previously. There is not one guy you can point to say he is the owner. The structure in of itself is an impediment even if many of the board members are different faces .

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
            Big F#@king Mistake..If it's the same team,this team won't make the playoff's,it will b a nightmare, actually if Casey stays with the changes they make,(if they make the changes)they still won't make the playoff's,guarantee. MLS is so F#@king cheap(ie..quality coach) and Musai I'll this talk u do,u remind me of previous car sales man..Colangelo,no b@ll's. I've back u enough,no more,F#@k Ujiri,sick of this mediocrity garbage with MLS. Bring on the puppets..

They have spent. That's not the problem. The board is not suited to make basketball decisions. Leweike actually called out some these board members but got frustrated and bailed. That is very telling. Now MU has retained DC and probably about 4 out of 5 posters on this site strongly disagree with this decision. It seems obvious to us posters that next year will be a wasted year and we will ultimately have to search for a new head coach next summer.

Comment

They have spent. That's not the problem. The board is not suited to make basketball decisions. Leweike actually called out some these board members but got frustrated and bailed. That is very telling. Now MU has retained DC and probably about 4 out of 5 posters on this site strongly disagree with this decision. It seems obvious to us posters that next year will be a wasted year and we will ultimately have to search for a new head coach next summer.

Only a waste if the same key roster pieces are brought back.

If this is the lineup:

PG: KL, GV
              SG: DD, Lou
              SF: Ross, JJ
              PF: Amir, PP
              C: JV

then yes, it is a wasted year upcoming.

I'd love to see one of or both of KL and DD traded with all free agents signed and traded or renounced.

It is the only way I can see the team making enough of a change to get beyond a first round exit.

Comment

• Casey survives every year based on reasons other than his ability to coach in the NBA.

Comment

• Here's someone who thinks that retaining Coach Casey was the right move:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...hing-carousel/

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
                    Here's someone who thinks that retaining Coach Casey was the right move:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...hing-carousel/
                    Without providing a single reason (let alone a good one). How can people get paid to write with so little substance?
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      Casey survives every year based on reasons other than his ability to coach in the NBA.
                      After thinking and reading about this topic for weeks, I can only come up with 2 good reasons to keep Casey:

1) MU had no choice, budget-wise and/or Casey has strong supporters at the MLSE board level, who are ecstatic about just making the playoffs.
                      2) Keeping Casey signals to the next coaching hire that MU will stand behind his coach no matter what.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        Without providing a single reason (let alone a good one). How can people get paid to write with so little substance?
                        Because they'd rather pay a bunch of smaller people little checks than have one guy making tons of cash.

They do the same thing in the radio business too.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          After thinking and reading about this topic for weeks, I can only come up with 2 good reasons to keep Casey:

1) MU had no choice, budget-wise and/or Casey has strong supporters at the MLSE board level, who are ecstatic about just making the playoffs.
                          2) Keeping Casey signals to the next coaching hire that MU will stand behind his coach no matter what.
                          I don't buy #1. #2 maybe if there was some issues with KL and he wanted to make a point. But still that's pretty weak.

Comment

I don't buy #1. #2 maybe if there was some issues with KL and he wanted to make a point. But still that's pretty weak.
                            #3. Masai realized the type of talent Casey has to work with doesn't match his coaching style, specifically defensively. So, he's going to add more pieces to see if there is any improvement and if the coach and his system are worth keeping. If they're shit, coach is gone before December. Players are moved at trade deadline and we're back to square one.
                            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                            Because its 2015

Comment

#3. Masai realized the type of talent Casey has to work with doesn't match his coaching style, specifically defensively. So, he's going to add more pieces to see if there is any improvement and if the coach and his system are worth keeping. If they're shit, coach is gone before December. Players are moved at trade deadline and we're back to square one.
                              Option #4, MLSE doesn't want to pay two head coaches at once, and Masai thinks Nurse is his guy. We improve the roster and fire Casey during the season at the first sign of a slump, promoting Nurse to head coach. No extra money needed.

Comment

...coach is gone before December. Players are moved at trade deadline and we're back to square one.
                                Getting rid of Casey, and moving players to improve the roster is not back to square one.

Comment

Working...
                                X