No announcement yet.

Woj: Casey will be back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He must be planning on using a firing of casey early season as an scape goat scenario.

Keeping casey for any other reason makes no sense at all.

He cant coach winners and he cant develop youngsters.

Comment

• Bear wrote: View Post
      He must be planning on using a firing of casey early season as an scape goat scenario.

Keeping casey for any other reason makes no sense at all.

He cant coach winners and he cant develop youngsters.
      That's pretty much the only non-money related reason I could come up with as well.
      Last edited by Just Is; Fri May 15, 2015, 01:17 PM.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• I'm not so sure we can blame Casey for all the teams faults.... but then again, I really don't know what to expect for thi offseason anymore. Who knows what'll happen? I just don't want a loser on the courts again..... if that happens, I pray we have the D-League team set up in place and we can all go see Bruno shine.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Oh, man. Now the assistant coaches are a story? Ridiculous.

It's funny how we never heard anything bad about Lowry from anyone in the media following the team until after the playoff sweep. All of a sudden: Lowry's a malcontent, Lowry didn't play hard, Lowry is a problem, etc. Then it becomes common knowledge that Casey is coming back and the media covering the team comes out with the, "duh, we knew that all along. anyone who wanted him gone is an idiot". Yet, they were the same ones feeding the speculation just days before. And now, out of nowhere, the assistant coaches want out and this is only being revealed now? Come on, man.

If Lowry was such a problem and the assistant coaches were such a problem, how likely is it that no one in the media knew anything about it? Not very. Either the reporters who cover the team had no idea about any of this until the past week, which beggars belief, or they held off reporting on this stuff until someone in the organization gave them the okay.

I hate how this organization leaks stuff publicly to push certain narratives by vilifying and scapegoating its employees. Enough with this crap. This goes back to VC, Anthony Davis, McGrady, Bosh, TJ Ford, Sam Mitchell, etc. MU and his bosses needs to put a stop to all this garbage. Have some class as an organization.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050...t-out-1.283191

apparantly the assistants want out. because of lowry 8(
            Wowza!

When there's smoke there's fire. This is bad.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I've been lurking for a long time, but have never posted.

Certain players can't be let off the hook, and anyone that says this is 100% on Casey is crazy. And as so many have said, the talent of this team needs to be improved. However, in the end, when it is a teamwide collapse like the one we saw - where the offense is constantly stagnant, the defensive scheme doesn't fit the personnel and no adjustments are made, the coach is at fault as well. A coach's job is to maximize his players chances of succeeding. It boggles my mind that people think Casey did this. You don't say "This is my system, my players better figure it out". You say "What system would best fit the skill sets of my players?", and when you see that something isn't working you don't continue to pound the rock, you figure out how you can help your players succeed by making adjustments.

Anyway, the main point I came on here to make is regarding the re-signing of Casey. I have no idea where MU is going with this, so maybe keeping Casey will make more sense in a few weeks or months. However, the part I keep coming back to is that it is unacceptable because as long as we keep Casey JV is not going to be developed and not going to be utilized. If we have any chance of being the team that all of us want to be, we need him to develop. Every year that we keep Casey is another year of JV plateauing....and that is a huge opportunity lost IMO.

Comment

• Not to sound like a Nostra-dumbass or anything, but retaining Casey is pretty much what I expected, including changing the assistants (if that happens). Next up: Lowry and Ross traded, with Masai saving the #FireCasey bullet for early next season. Lol.

Sat Apr 4th, 2015, 10:59 PM
                golden wrote: View Post
                I'm predicting 1st round loss, Casey stays. RR goes apeshit. lol. Lowry and Ross get traded in an offseason blockbuster, and Casey gets fired early next season.
                http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post456266

Thu Mar 26th, 2015, 11:27 AM
                golden wrote: View Post
                This is one of the reasons why I think that Casey lasts until next season, unless we go out in 5 games with a whimper in the playoffs. The casual fan and even experts who don't follow the Raps don't really care about the unsustainable style of play or the downward trend in overall success. They represent an overwhelming majority who are more than satisfied with this Raps team.

I could easily see a scenario is that MU has a chat with Casey in the off-season and convinces him to hire an assistant to change up the schemes and gives Casey a chance to fix the systems, while he revamps the roster. Then MU pulls the trigger when the team hits a rough patch early in the season. Maybe not the right move, but a politically savvy one for MU to appease the masses.
                http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post452505

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  There was legitimacy to the speculation many posters had that Casey had lost the locker room - whether his fault or players TBD but I would imagine both sides would be sharing some load of the blame.
                  Thats what i'm thinking. This is why I dont rip Casey much, it happens. This team, under his watch was playing beautiful ball last year, then something went amiss.

Like I said, its fun really, soap opera's for jocks

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    Wowza!

When there's smoke there's fire. This is bad.
                    I'm taking it with a grain of salt, the assistants right now sound like disgruntled employees.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      If I read one more time that Amir Johnson should be replaced by Greg Monroe, then my head will explode or the sun will implode or the earth will flip off its axis or something dramatic like that.

The Raps were the #23 DRTG this year and we all realized a hobbled Amir was the only guy holding the D together. If Dwane Casey gets the opportunity to play three guards, Greg Monroe, and Patrick Patterson as a "scramble" unit next year, this team's defense will be bottom 5 in the league. Bank on it.
                      I don't want Greg Monroe either, but I wanted to see this happen. Amir Johnson should be replaced by Greg Monroe.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        Man, you weren't listening very well. They weren't even talking about Lowry yet. The assistants want to leave because Casey was retained.

He says Casey was on the hot seat, but now he's being retained, possibly with a reconstructed staff because you're hearing some assistants want to jump ship. No mention of Lowry yet in the interview.

Completely understandable that guys like Nurse and Bayno want to jump ship. Casey probably doesn't listen to anything they say, and now they're getting associated with a dog shit offense and defense. nurse is known for his horns offense, that's what he built his career on, we ran it second half of last year post Rudy trade, but completely abandoned it this year. Pretty clear Casey tuned him out. Bayno was focused on developing JV, then you see JV getting limited minutes and touches, which are counter productive to development. Whenever I've had a job where I can tell my boss is incompetent, I've gotten the hell out of there, because the employees under them get associated with that dumbass management style and lack of productivity. Really losing faith in Masai. If Nurse and Bayno end up leaving that's a horrible sign.
                        Well, put yourself in Nick Nurse's shoes, for example. Team collapses. Changes must be made. Head coach is staying but GM indicates staff may change. No surprise that a guy like him might try to get out in front of it and look to leave on his own terms rather than be fired to maintain his market value. Nurse was one of the guys Steve Kerr wanted in GS, so, I imagine he has options.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          Well, put yourself in Nick Nurse's shoes, for example. Team collapses. Changes must be made. Head coach is staying but GM indicates staff may change. No surprise that a guy like him might try to get out in front of it and look to leave on his own terms rather than be fired to maintain his market value. Nurse was one of the guys Steve Kerr wanted in GS, so, I imagine he has options.
                          If we lose Nurse then things have gone from bad to worse. He's the assistant I had pegged as the head coach in waiting. He led championship teams in Europe and the Dleague, and was known for his high octane offense built around running horns. We got a taste of it post Rudy trade when the team had its best run, but saw none of it this year. If he goes I can almost guarantee he will have tons of success elsewhere and will end up an NBA head coach at some point in the next few years, probably a very good one. Meanwhile we'll be stuck with Monty Williams wishing we hadn't hired another Casey clone.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            Oh, man. Now the assistant coaches are a story? Ridiculous.

It's funny how we never heard anything bad about Lowry from anyone in the media following the team until after the playoff sweep. All of a sudden: Lowry's a malcontent, Lowry didn't play hard, Lowry is a problem, etc. Then it becomes common knowledge that Casey is coming back and the media covering the team comes out with the, "duh, we knew that all along. anyone who wanted him gone is an idiot". Yet, they were the same ones feeding the speculation just days before. And now, out of nowhere, the assistant coaches want out and this is only being revealed now? Come on, man.

If Lowry was such a problem and the assistant coaches were such a problem, how likely is it that no one in the media knew anything about it? Not very. Either the reporters who cover the team had no idea about any of this until the past week, which beggars belief, or they held off reporting on this stuff until someone in the organization gave them the okay.

I hate how this organization leaks stuff publicly to push certain narratives by vilifying and scapegoating its employees. Enough with this crap. This goes back to VC, Anthony Davis, McGrady, Bosh, TJ Ford, Sam Mitchell, etc. MU and his bosses needs to put a stop to all this garbage. Have some class as an organization.
                            I started a thread on this exact topic re MU becoming MLSE's lap dog. I think Vince Carter was right when he said that the Raptors will never become serious contenders with the structure of MLSE ownership group.

Comment

• I wonder if anyone will start crying after reading this one..

http://basketball.realgm.com/analysi...-Tom-Thibodeau

In my eyes, a Thibodeau team should have played below expectations on defense, have some key players capable of performing at a high level who will still be under team control a few seasons from now and the total talent to be relevant within the first two seasons.

That set of paramaters makes the best fit a surprising one: the Toronto Raptors. This job is not open yet but checks all the boxes in a more interesting way than some of the other contenders. The Atlantic Division champions were 23rd in Defensive Efficiency last season after finishing ninth the previous year. More importantly, the Raptors have a very short time to determine if young big man Jonas Valanciunas can be their rim protector since he can sign an extension this summer or hit restricted free agency in 2016. Beyond the Lithuanian big, the Raptors have a nice core in Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan with Terrence Ross potentially fitting in as well. Thibs could make his imprint on this team early, have success and help Masai Ujiri ascertain which players will be key factors moving forward.
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                                I wonder if anyone will start crying after reading this one..

http://basketball.realgm.com/analysi...-Tom-Thibodeau
                                Screw Thibs, and his non-rock-pounding ways.

Casey's our guy come hell or high water.

Comment

Working...
                                X