Woj: Casey will be back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• octothorp wrote: View Post
    If they keep Casey and fire Sterner... the fury on this forum will know no bounds.
    "the assistant gave fun interviews so he should be the coach" = basketball fan logic

Comment

• Lewenberg, the actual raptors beat reporter, has been tweeting a bunch today but hasn't said Casey will be back, just that he's had a feeling all offseason he probably will. So nothing definite yet, just some NY clown looking for clicks.

Comment

• I'm suspending all judgment until the master plan is revealed.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          Some random New York journalist. Scares the crap out of me but I still have hope until I see a more legit source.

Also, how many times do we give Casey all new assistants before we realize he's the fucking problem.
          Seriously. The height of absurdity to keep replacing his assistants. Wasn't he given the opportunity to handpick his staff just 2 seasons ago when Ujiri first joined? So basically, he needs assistants capable of...doing his job for him?

Keeping Casey and firing the assistants would be dumber than either keeping them all or firing them all, IMO.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            Also, how many times do we give Casey all new assistants before we realize he's the fucking problem.
            If I'm not mistaken, the old assistants were chosen by bc. And his assistants last year were chosen by Masai. Excepts sterner, who's been with him since in Dallas. Hopefully he hires his own guys that fit his style. No more half assed bullshit. If he stays as coach, let him do whatever the fuck he does so there's no more excuses. Then fire his ass next summer.
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
              If I'm not mistaken, the old assistants were chosen by bc. And his assistants last year were chosen by Masai. Excepts sterner, who's been with him since in Dallas. Hopefully he hires his own guys that fit his style. No more half assed bullshit. If he stays as coach, let him do whatever the fuck he does so there's no more excuses. Then fire his ass next summer.
              If Casey is truly coming back, no way I can relax. It means I'll have a whole year where I won't enjoy watching basketball. Still quite optimistic he will get fired, no credible sources have said he's coming back for sure, in fact they're still saying they don't know.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                I'm suspending all judgment until the master plan is revealed.
                It will never be revealed because Masai doesn't even have one yet.

Comment

• The odds that Kyle Lowry is back with the Raps next season just went down significantly.

Comment

There was a lot of noise when Ujiri was hired and retained Casey. Talk of how BC had assistants who were "his guys", reporting directly to him and making Casey feel undermined, and how the new staff would be all Casey approved so that he wouldn't feel undermined. So these are supposed to be Casey's guys.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      There was a lot of noise when Ujiri was hired and retained Casey. Talk of how BC had assistants who were "his guys", reporting directly to him and making Casey feel undermined, and how the new staff would be all Casey approved so that he wouldn't feel undermined. So these are supposed to be Casey's guys.
                      Yea that's what I mean. They were approved by him. Not chosen by him. Let him choose his assistants for the year. So that there is literally no excuse for him to suck. And when he does still suck fire his ass in the offseason

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        I'm suspending all judgment until the master plan is revealed.
                        This. "Per league sources" and Ujiri dont fit in the same sentence.

Will wait until it is officially announced

Comment

Yea that's what I mean. They were approved by him. Not chosen by him. Let him choose his assistants for the year. So that there is literally no excuse for him to suck. And when he does still suck fire his ass in the offseason
                          That's semantics. Approved means he had the power to say he does not approve, and thus he's completely responsible for who's on his staff. He also could easily have led the search for a new staff. Ujiri hires everyone, he's the president and GM. But if he gave Casey the power to assemble his own staff, which is what it seemed like at the time, again because of potential meddling from BC in the previous regime, I don't know why suddenly Casey needs "his own guys" in that staff. They're already there.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            That's semantics. Approved means he had the power to say he does not approve, and thus he's completely responsible for who's on his staff. He also could easily have led the search for a new staff. Ujiri hires everyone, he's the president and GM. But if he gave Casey the power to assemble his own staff, which is what it seemed like at the time, again because of potential meddling from BC in the previous regime, I don't know why suddenly Casey needs "his own guys" in that staff. They're already there.
                            I don't know man. I'm just trying to come up with a rational as to why this imbecile could be back. This is all I can think of. He told Masai that it's his assistants that were shit and not him

That or Masai is a dumbass too.

Comment

• Other than Sterner, weren't all the assistants brought in on Ujiri's watch? Seems odd that they'd be replacing the staff again without a new head coach. Now, I could see potentially adding a Gentry-type like GSW did for Kerr. It would also give them a logical replacement when Casey is fired 30 games into next season.

Comment

I don't know man. I'm just trying to come up with a rational as to why this imbecile could be back. This is all I can think of. He told Masai that it's his assistants that were shit and not him

That or Masai is a dumbass too.
                                Well, until we get some say directly from the Raptors front office, I don't know what to think of these tweets. As I just said in another thread...they've come from:

Mitch Lawrence, a NY-based (you know, where the media is never writing random crap just for attention) who writes for NBC and Forbes, and who I don't think probably anyone here had ever heard of before this tweet.

Steve Simmons, a Sun writer who doesn't normally cover the team (and generally seems to cover hockey).

Guys who actually follow the beat seem to be cautious in talking about any of this nonsense. Lewenberg is paying some attention to it, saying impression (no sources, just an impression) is Casey will stay, assistants very highly regarded around league/organization and would be surprised if there's complete turnover. And I'd be surprised too.

Comment

Working...
                                X