Woj: Casey will be back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm holding on to denial of this.

This is EXACTLY what MLSE did with the Leafs; shift the blame entirely onto the assistant coachs to keep an incompetent coach. For f*ck's sake, there's literally no positive to keeping Casey other than not eating his last guaranteed year and having to move the huge ass rock.

I mean... literally, who the hell is he blackmailing to keep his job? Guess this is a sign to expect Lowry and/or JV being shipped out. Seriously...did NO ONE watch his exit interview?
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      I'm not.
      +1
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Now get some players that actually can play D Masai
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I'm done. See you in a year after this completely blows the fuck up. #FireMasai.

(sort of kidding on the third point, but honestly, wtf man?)

Comment

• Bye, wish you all the best.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• KHD, you be back. You can not stay away.

Players who should ask to be traded now:

James Johnson: Unless he likes to sit at the end of the bench.
              Big Val: Unless he thinks magically he will be more involved in offence.
              Lowry: Unless he thinks DC had no problem with " He is a good person" comment in exit interview

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Bye, wish you all the best.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                  ^^^ You be back. You can not stay away.

Players who should ask to be traded now:

James Johnson: Unless he likes to sit at the end of the bench.
                  Big Val: Unless he thinks magically he will be more involved in offence.
                  Lowry: Unless he thinks DC had no problem with " He is a good person" comment in exit interview
                  you're probably right

Comment

• Assuming DC is staying (still holding out hope) I can only assume that Masai was joined at his hip on all major coaching decisions and fundamental play style.

So, if the team does not have a serious turnover of personnel this summer we shall likely be seeing the same crap ball again...I wont be able to take it.

And I wonder if Lowry is cool with this and there are no in season petulant performances.

Could Monty W. come in as asst coach (defacto in-waiting hc?). I hear he has a solid relationship with the Brow. I just slapped myself....

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                      I hear he has a solid relationship with the Brow. I just slapped myself....
                      Good, Slap yourself few more times and do not open that door !!!
                      Going from DC staying news, to Monty becoming assistant and then coach and then us getting Brow is simply as crazy as paying G.V. money because he was K.D. pal few years ago and can recruit him.

Comment

• Well guys, if Casey is staying, I pray we do not pick up Lou. Lou was issue number 2 last year.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                          Good, Slap yourself few more times and do not open that door !!!
                          Going from DC staying news, to Monty becoming assistant and then coach and then us getting Brow is simply as crazy as paying G.V. money because he was K.D. pal few years ago and can recruit him.
                          This whole thread has reached code Pink status....apologies.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                            Well guys, if Casey is staying, I pray we do not pick up Lou. Lou was issue number 2 last year.
                            I don't really agree with this, and I wasn't a big fan of the acquisition last summer.

Lou does excel in a role where he gets to iso...but even he was never used in such a low-passing role and offence before.

Now, I'm perfectly fine with letting him go, but he also could singlehandedly be the reason we were above .500 (how many wins basically depended on him going crazy that night?). I don't like his style of play that much, but yeah, I don't htink his tendency to iso destroyed any system...there would've had to have been one in place. And I don't hink his tendency to iso is to blame for other guys thinking they should do the same. *Don't think he's a major issue on his own.

Comment

• I am worried Tom Sterner is (to put it kindly) unsound. His wild eyed rants are frightening. This does seem straight out of the MLSE playbook. I hope they at least bring in Peter Horachek so that he can take over in January, install a shot - limiting, defense first style of play, and guide the Raptors to a top 5 pick in 2016. GLG! I mean Go Raps!

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                these "casey will be back but not his assistants" news is bothersome. the majority of the issues our team had fall directly on the head coach. ugh.
                                I don't care that much. Didn't seem like there were any world beaters on that staff. Maybe Masai just wants to roll the dice a little and try out a couple of new assistants. He probably has his eye on some young hotshots; he'll just see if he can get lucky and stumble onto
                                CASEY'S EVENTUAL REPLACEMENT. BECAUSE IT'S COMING. THIS SEASON OR THE NEXT, IT'S COMING.
                                As long as they keep Sterner around for halftime, I'm cool.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X