Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBLC Talent: Worth looking at?

Hey there

This year, I had the pleasure of watching my provinces' NBLC team, the Halifax Rainmen, make it to game seven of the league finals (which was ultimately forfeited due to a confrontation during practice time with the opposition). The team featured 24 year old 6'8 forward Kevin Young, whom had started on Kansas in their championship run three years ago. He won defensive player of the year honors, and demonstrated his skills of also being able to shoot, run and dribble smoothly, and finish above the rim. My question is should the Toronto Raptors look into talent playing in Canada already in the NBLC?

What are your thoughts RR?

This past year I believe one player from the NBL got drafted into the NBA D League. They should at least be scouting the league. There is some fair talent. More importantly, if they get a D League team, they probably would have a scouting advantage of the league.

Comment

dude NBLC has talent but the league management is so bush (Game 7 finals forfeit being the climax) no NBA scouts will give them any validation, they are not even recognized by Fiba or Canada basketball...only the London franchise is at a profit and single handily keeping that league alive. London with 5500 avg attendance should get serious consideration to switch over as the Raptors D-league team. NBLC is literally a year or two away from folding...im more excited about Butch Carter's Canadian Basketball League (CBL) thats on the horizon which will be FIBA and Canada Basketball affiliated, my guess is that league is more likely to attract both better talent and have NBA scouts attend...
      Last edited by RepTdot; Tue May 5, 2015, 11:43 PM.

Comment

That league doesn't have drug testing apparently so scouts stay away
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          That league doesn't have drug testing apparently so scouts stay away
          Lol with the players making about $9,000 a year, I think the only drugs they can afford is a gram of weed (and even then they gotta split it 15 ways!)
          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

I think this sums it up best:

Talent is worth looking at.

Doesn't really matter where its from, they better be looking at everyone. Especially with a D league team on the way, fill that bad boy up with future raps

Comment

Bandit wrote: View Post
              I think this sums it up best:

Talent is worth looking at.

Doesn't really matter where its from, they better be looking at everyone. Especially with a D league team on the way, fill that bad boy up with future raps
              Honestly, the D-League team makes it worth looking at.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Talent is a bit of a stretch for these guys.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I actually looked into buying/part-buying a NBLC team, not because I had the money, but just for fun. You could have bought a franchise for around 200k.
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

The league is about to fold any day, so it's unfortunately (fortunately?) a non issue.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                      The league is about to fold any day, so it's unfortunately (fortunately?) a non issue.
                      I think it is premature to say it is going to fold any day. While I think the future for a domestic league in Canada does ride on the success of being affiliated with FIBA, you may see a merging of the 2 leagues. I know they have not wanted to work together up till this point, but if they both share a common goal, now is the time to work together.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                        I actually looked into buying/part-buying a NBLC team, not because I had the money, but just for fun. You could have bought a franchise for around 200k.
                        Would you have made any money though?
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Unfortunately, he cant really shoot the ball that well

Comment

Working...
                          X