Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else is totally bummed by this offseason already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they think they have a fan uprising on their hands, they might.

Comment

I swear to god, this board is so bipolar it needs meds sometimes. All the people who were demanding Masai shoot for the stars and trade for INSERT UNREALISTIC TRADE OPTION HERE during the regular season are now going full-on Chicken Little.

Nothing has happened yet. Nothing. You know nothing about how the team will look next year or who will be on it. Masai hasn't made any offseason moves yet, and he'd be a fool to do so before the draft, and that's over a month away. We don't know who we'll draft. We don't know who we'll trade. We don't know who we'll sign. We know nothing.

Relax. Chill. Have a cookie.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
        ...Kinda cheesed that Coach Casey is returning. As much as he seems to be a really nice guy who says all the right things...
        I would put a 'not sure if serious' meme here if it wasn't overused to death. But really, 'not sure if serious.'

Ah, I'm not gonna lie, I was convinced Casey would get the boot. He made more than a few mistakes over his years here that frustrated me to no end, but I was convinced the Wizards debacle would be the straw. I was actually not at all sad as game 4 was winding down because I KNEW DC was going to be gone within the next 48 hours. Now he stays? He does not deserve another chance. Even if we get a star back some how some way, Casey won't know how to use him or the rest of the team to maximize their talents.

Yep, I'm totally bummed.
        @alexgres10

Comment

I'm mad at myself for expecting changes.

Comment

If I get bummed now I'll be totally spent come Sept. especially if the team remains status quo with the core. Dont wanna mope the entire summer.

Masai obviously shall not reveal and we just keep churning out our hopes here and get disappointed when seeming obvious events do not materialize. Just sharpen the pitchforks for when nothing or just cosmetic shit happens July-Aug-Sept..

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
              Lol. Props for creating the most depressing thread on here in a while! What were you hoping for so far this offseason? I mean besides Casey getting fired. You know teams can't sign free agents until July 1 right?

Just chill on the knee jerk reactions people. I think for the most part every one of MU's moves were justified at the time. It's easy for us to bitch and moan on msg boards while we're supposed to be working. There's gonna be changes.

As for the rebrand I think it's better than the crap we got now. Too Brooklyny, but still better.
              It's not a knee jerk reaction re most posters being depressed re retaining DC. This has been building for 6 months.

Comment

Quirk wrote: View Post
                If they think they have a fan uprising on their hands, they might.
                I agree. That is a great idea. Get 10000 signatures and send to MU.

Comment

Quirk wrote: View Post
                  Go to change.org and create a #firecasey petition
                  psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  I agree. That is a great idea. Get 10000 signatures and send to MU.
                  Outside of RR, it seems as if most of the general public wanted Casey back (as evidenced by a recent Toronto Star poll). The petition would be lucky to get 250 signatures, 249 of which would be RR members.

The 250th would be Jonas.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Outside of RR, it seems as if most of the general public wanted Casey back (as evidenced by a recent Toronto Star poll). The petition would be lucky to get 250 signatures, 249 of which would be RR members.

Hahahahahahhaa

I'm not totally bummed, but pretty bummed. I really thought Casey would be gone.
                    OG is our king

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

I think that's a reflection of the fact that most Raptors fans are casual basketball fans. The fan & media scrutiny over the hockey team is much more intense. If Ross thinks this is bad, he should really talk to Phil Kessel.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        It's not a knee jerk reaction re most posters being depressed re retaining DC. This has been building for 20 years.
                        Fixed it for ya!
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I have a hard time making judgments until mid July. That said, bad start.

We'll see what the draft and any draft day deals bring, then free agency should be interesting.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Try and maintain an inkling of perspective. We are less than a full playoff round removed from the Raptors being eliminated… What exactly were you expecting to have happened by now? A complete roster overhaul despite the trade window being closed, the draft more than a month away and no free agency movement for another six weeks? Or were you waiting for Masai to completely break character and lay out all of his plans for the next few months in a press conference?

And are we being serious with this "fan uprising" stuff? The team has never been more popular across the Country. If you think MLSE is wringing their hands together in a board room somewhere because the "Fire Casey" thread on RR has 500 posts by the same 8 screen names… you're severely overestimating your relevance.

And yes, I was hoping for Casey to be removed this offseason too. But I'm not willing to write off the entire 2015-16 season just because they retained him when we have no idea what the team he will be coaching is going to look like.
                            Last edited by Fully; Fri May 15, 2015, 05:43 PM.

Comment

I'm more rattled then i've been in a long time, I am beyond even thinking of Casey gone because if he is not I want the GM fired. enough is enough with this blind hope that casey will improve. MU needs to grow some fucking balls and fire DC fuck i dont even know anymore i just fuck fuck fuck i cant watch another season on this idiotic man fuckkkkkkkkkkkk ...... honestly life is hard and its alot of work to keep to life it the right way and one of the ways i like to let off steam is my beloved raptors who our gm and letting them fall apart #FIREMU fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk no more iso please please please fuck not a whole nother year.

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X