Taj Gibson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taj Gibson

There is a report going around that we may be aiming to get Gibson to replace Amir in exchange for ROSS I hope this is the case.

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    There is a report going around that we may be aiming to get Gibson to replace Amir in exchange for ROSS I hope this is the case.
    I would do that trade in a heartbeat.

Comment

Source?

Comment

I don't think it was really a report saying the Raptors are seeking a Ross-Gibson deal. It was more of a SUGGESTION made by Zach Lowe of Grantland on his season ending article for the Bulls, and possible moves they can make moving forward. Nothing concrete.

Here's the article if anyone's interested: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/a-...probably-done/

Comment

http://www.raptorscage.ca/lowe-rapto...re-taj-gibson/

One of the posters mentioned getting Tristan Thompson instead. TT is a good rebounder but his defence is suspect. I think having a combo of 2Pat and Gibson at the PF spot with some rookie from this years draft and I think we would eb at a good place. We are in need of older veteran players and Gibson could definitely provide this. He also plays well enough to start. We could also keep T-Hans even though he did bad in the playoffs he did well near to the end of the year. He could be the third big off the bench again being able to play the PF and C as BEBE fills out the back up C spot slowly rounding into role player form.

Comment

http://www.raptorscage.ca/lowe-rapto...re-taj-gibson/

One of the posters mentioned getting Tristan Thompson instead. TT is a good rebounder but his defence is suspect. I think having a combo of 2Pat and Gibson at the PF spot with some rookie from this years draft and I think we would eb at a good place. We are in need of older veteran players and Gibson could definitely provide this. He also plays well enough to start. We could also keep T-Hans even though he did bad in the playoffs he did well near to the end of the year. He could be the third big off the bench again being able to play the PF and C as BEBE fills out the back up C spot slowly rounding into role player form.
            I'd much prefer Gibson over TT. Gibson has a great mid range game, TT can't do anything but offensive rebounds and put backs. I think Gibson is a better defender too, plus the much needed vet experience. Oh, and most importantly, Gibson is already signed to a great value contract, whereas TT thinks he should be getting a max or near max deal. When you see that Gibson costs half the price it's not even close.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
              I'd much prefer Gibson over TT. Gibson has a great mid range game, TT can't do anything but offensive rebounds and put backs. I think Gibson is a better defender too, plus the much needed vet experience. Oh, and most importantly, Gibson is already signed to a great value contract, whereas TT thinks he should be getting a max or near max deal. When you see that Gibson costs half the price it's not even close.
              Not sure where this misconception came from. Jonas took a higher percentage of his total shots and more total shots from past 3 feet and shot higher percentages in about the same minutes. Better percentages from 3-10 feet and from 10-16 feet. And everyone can agree that Jonas definitely didn't have a great midrange game.

Comment

I wouldn't want the Raps to pay what Cleveland likely will for TT. Gibson, sure I guess. He'd be an upgrade over Chops.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

It will take a lot more than Ross to get Gibson. You basically think that CHI will trade a proven talent for a guy we are not sure at this moment even belong to this league.

Comment

The cavs success thus far with TT in the starting lineup means a) it was good of TT to not accept the offer last year; b) Cavs will pay TT much more ; c) does this make Kevin Love available as a free agent.

Imagine Kevin Love as our "replacement" 4. I'd make anything happen to get him

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                      It will take a lot more than Ross to get Gibson. You basically think that CHI will trade a proven talent for a guy we are not sure at this moment even belong to this league.
                      The only reason they would is because they are notoriously cheap. But, I'm sure there are better offers than Ross for Taj
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

Gibson had a net rating of 1.8, TS% of 54.5, RB% of 12.9, and a +- of 0.7.

Thompson had a net rating of 4.5, TS% of 58, RB% of 17.2, and a +/- of 2.6 (plus he is Canadian).

Hansbrough had a net rating of 10.5, TS% of 59.7, RB% of 15.3, and a +/- of 2.6 (playing mostly out of position at centre).

Patterson had a net rating of 5.3, TS% of 56.8, RB% of 11.6, and a +/- of 3.1 (he is still under contract).

By these metrics, Gibson is not as effective a player overall as the other three. It's hard to measure him against Terrence Ross because of their different positions.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
                          Gibson had a net rating of 1.8, TS% of 54.5, RB% of 12.9, and a +- of 0.7.

Thompson had a net rating of 4.5, TS% of 58, RB% of 17.2, and a +/- of 2.6 (plus he is Canadian).

Hansbrough had a net rating of 10.5, TS% of 59.7, RB% of 15.3, and a +/- of 2.6 (playing mostly out of position at centre).

Patterson had a net rating of 5.3, TS% of 56.8, RB% of 11.6, and a +/- of 3.1 (he is still under contract).

By these metrics, Gibson is not as effective a player overall as the other three. It's hard to measure him against Terrence Ross because of their different positions.
                          I don't really trust the whole analytics/metrics shit. Patterson may have great analytical stats, but the guy can't box out and has no strength to be a true starting 4. His role off the bench suits him well. Hansbrough, as much as I love his heart and hustle, is a liability on offense. And since Casey plays him mostly at centre, he's really undersized and overpowered by bigger, more skilled bigs.

Comment

When people want to acquire Gibson, it is not this year's Gibson, who struggled a lot due to a couple injuries and a less solid spot in the rotation, but last year's Gibson, who was a very good defender. Last year Gibson was a top 10 RPM PF and a top 5 DRPM PF. This year he was well below average, for whatever reasons.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                              I don't really trust the whole analytics/metrics shit. Patterson may have great analytical stats, but the guy can't box out and has no strength to be a true starting 4. His role off the bench suits him well. Hansbrough, as much as I love his heart and hustle, is a liability on offense. And since Casey plays him mostly at centre, he's really undersized and overpowered by bigger, more skilled bigs.
                              It seems you distrust analytics/metrics because you don't understand their intent. There is no metric that says it predicts how a player will perform in a different role - there are some that provide hints, but no more than that. Metrics like net ratings and RPM are measures of how a player performed, in the role they were in. Neither make claims that a player will carry over that performance to a different usage or role. If anyone uses them that way, distrust that person, not the analytics.

It's true - Patterson and Hansbrough would likely struggle big time if forced to start full time. Gibson would almost certainly be an upgrade on any potential use of them as the starter. And by a lot if he returned to his performance of a couple years ago.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X